City v Arsenal Post Match

coleridge said:
willipp said:
I really dont think we can have too many complaints with the result. We didnt play well and even though we had a lot of possession we just didnt look like scoring or even creating much. I know Navas will get a lot of stick but he did look dangerous up until his final ball and to be fair, no one else was really creating much.

In all honestly Arsenal played very well. They got their tactics spot on and probably wont play like that again all season. Some times you have to just take it on the chin and move on. We're still in the title race and have an amazing few months to look forward to.

What it did show to me is that Bony has a big role to play for us. We could of really done with him to boss the Arsenal back 4 around and combine that lack of physicality and Kun clearly not being match sharp, it really showed up for me.

Fair enough, mate.

However, please explain what the point of Navas is when his final ball was so poor. 1 out of 9 made it to a team mate. As for creativity, Silva could have played there [approx] and Lampard in the middle.

I'm fully with Willip on all his points. Navas may have not got telling crosses in, but he could walk off the pitch and say "I tried". Many other "stellar" names would be being economical with the truth on that.

Aresenal deserved their win.

coleridge said:
willipp said:
I really dont think we can have too many complaints with the result. We didnt play well and even though we had a lot of possession we just didnt look like scoring or even creating much. I know Navas will get a lot of stick but he did look dangerous up until his final ball and to be fair, no one else was really creating much.

In all honestly Arsenal played very well. They got their tactics spot on and probably wont play like that again all season. Some times you have to just take it on the chin and move on. We're still in the title race and have an amazing few months to look forward to.

What it did show to me is that Bony has a big role to play for us. We could of really done with him to boss the Arsenal back 4 around and combine that lack of physicality and Kun clearly not being match sharp, it really showed up for me.

Fair enough, mate.

However, please explain what the point of Navas is when his final ball was so poor. 1 out of 9 made it to a team mate. As for creativity, Silva could have played there [approx] and Lampard in the middle.

Dont get me wrong, he frustrates the fuck out of me, but i think its unfair the criticism he has received. There were some very very average performances yesterday across the whole pitch and for me it was a poor team performance. With the injuries we have we don't really have many options as i think Navas is far more effective coming on for the last 20 when there is much more space available.

Navas has come in for a load of stick and I can only agree that his final touch was pretty rubbish throughout the match but he worked his socks off for the whole game and I don't think that anyone else (on our team) was any better.

noblelord said:
Navas has come in for a load of stick and I can only agree that his final touch was pretty rubbish throughout the match but he worked his socks off for the whole game and I don't think that anyone else (on our team) was any better.

For me, he was arguably our best player which when given his distribution was so bad, says a lot about the rest. Jovetic did well too when he came on until we gave up after their second goal.

Milner, Fernandinho, Fernando, Aguero and Silva did little and in Fernandinho case worse than little.

willipp said:
coleridge said:
willipp said:

Fair enough, mate.

Dont get me wrong, he frustrates the fuck out of me, but i think its unfair the criticism he has received. There were some very very average performances yesterday across the whole pitch and for me it was a poor team performance. With the injuries we have we don't really have many options as i think Navas is far more effective coming on for the last 20 when there is much more space available.

Navas comes in for so much criticism, much of it unfair, that he is becoming the scapegoat. Navas did what any winger can be asked to do: he beat his back, got behind Arsena and found a penalty area full of Arsenal shirts with scarcely a blue in sight, with the exception of Sergio. No wonder his final ball was intercepted.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
willipp said:
coleridge said:
Fair enough, mate.

Navas comes in for so much criticism, much of it unfair, that he is becoming the scapegoat. Navas did what any winger can be asked to do: he beat his back, got behind Arsena and found a penalty area full of Arsenal shirts with scarcely a blue in sight, with the exception of Sergio. No wonder his final ball was intercepted.

Picking out the one blue shirt in a penalty area full of at least 8 yellow ones he would have to be pretty special

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
willipp said:
coleridge said:
Fair enough, mate.

Spot on mate.

Navas worked his bolloks off unlike 2/3rds of our team yesterday, He is frustrating when he does not drive into the box but with regards Crosses he looks up and theres no **** in the box, zero movement yesterday and we made Arsenal look good, jeeze their fans were all giddy last night believing its the best Arsenal have played in years, Of thats their best they can be assured they will never win the league for many years too come.

The biggest problem is that whoever is responsible for recruitment at City has signed players far less quality wise than those signed by chelsea. It just isn't good enough.

We have give porto £42m for mangala and Fernando. I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. Mangala may come good, I hope so but £32m and he still can't get in our starting 11. And don't even get me started on Fernando. The garcia of his final 6 months was far superior in every way to Fernando.

The team needs an injection of youth and pace. Would love to see barker and/or ambrose start on Saturday. In the summer we need quality RB cover, a world class CB, world class LB, box to box mid and a wide player in the mould of a Sanchez/hazard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.