City v blackburn 4 -1 ewood park 2000

Months after the game I was talking to a mate about the game and he remembered he had a copy of the next day’s Daily Mirror in the boot of his car. They had a two page spread of the City end and we were both able to pick ourselves out. Hadn’t seen it before.

Happy days!

Me and my brother ended up at Shambles Square in town later that night. The best night celebrating City ever. Thousands of blues all singing Colin the King was a particular strong memory.

That was good, completely forgot how the match went, even the goals until the last few seconds of each build up. Blackburn hit the post four times! Bloody hell.

In a boozer near ground watching as no tickets, rammed with City.
City score, wild celebrations , looked up , the fuckin 50” Gone!
Everyone piles out about 100 , down to stadium, a couple of loose cannons picked up half a tree on way and smashed open the gates in the home end, happy days!
I was in the same pub. Never worked put how a tv could be there on its brackets one minute and gone the next. Pub was rammed so after that went out and listened to rest of match in the sunshine outside the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.