City v Boro post match

I'm aware of that but he's been wasteful in front of goal apart from the purple patch , care to comment on Sterling and Dave?
For me... it's a bit more complicated.

Against teams that are likely to bunker in, we need players that can break down opponents one on one.

At Barca - Pep had Messi.

At Bayern - Pep had Ribbery and Robben.

At City - Aguero is semi-OK at this, but needs help. Beyond that - we have Sterling and Sane (neither of whom started). And Sterling/Sane are not nearly as proficient at one-on-one play as Ribbery/Robben/Messi.

So we need to improve in this area going forward.

Too bad that Nasri is so lazy - he was really good at one-on-one play.

Just thinking the same!
Yes, but what I am struggling with is flippin boro again! I have said for years that bloody team have an hoodoo over us, the times we have been robbed by them. When on the commentary they said 4 minutes of extra, I knew they would fluke one, flippin depressed with them, I even remember losing to them, and the did not have a shot on target. To add insult to misery results have gone against us, dippers and rags both winning, fed up :-(

For me... it's a bit more complicated.

Against teams that are likely to bunker in, we need players that can break down opponents one on one.

At Barca - Pep had Messi.

At Bayern - Pep had Ribbery and Robben.

At City - Aguero is semi-OK at this, but needs help. Beyond that - we have Sterling and Sane (neither of whom started). And Sterling/Sane are not nearly as proficient at one-on-one play as Ribbery/Robben/Messi.

So we need to improve in this area going forward.

Too bad that Nasri is so lazy - he was really good at one-on-one play.

Fingers crossed Jesus will be that player

At the time who were the 4 stand out player's?
Voomer - Mancini inherited Joe, Vinnie, Tevez and Zaba. Mancini signed Silva, Yaya and Sergio. Ok, he inherited Robinho (fifth top class player) but hadn't played like a top class player for over six months. In truth, he never justified his price tag apart from one or two outstanding goals. Would you really rate the others Mancini inherited as properly top class ? Yes, there were a few borderline top class players. Lescott was reliable and solid (I'd say a very good player for us and a fans favourite). Bellamy joined us five years too late and gave us some great moments.

But the thing that separates Silva from Hazard and Ozil is this. Although they all have similar skill levels, Hazard spat out his dummy last season - didn't give it his all for about twelve months. Ozil took about twelve months to show consistent form for Arsenal. But from the day Silva signed for us he's been at it game in, game out. On a bad day he gives it everything and will create chances. I don't know what the stats are, but Silva's passing is all about sliding the ball forward through small gaps (very few square passes) and like every Spanish player he knows how to win the ball (not a part of his game that gets much of a mention). That's why Silva is the better player (consistency and attitude). Same with Sergio - 25 to 30 goals every single year. Yes, there are other strikers who hit 25 one season but can't manage that two seasons running.

This might sound simplistic but, we just have to do better

90% of our play is excellent, it's just that extra 10% in terms of concentration and effort. I.e, getting out to close crosses down(Boro and Spurs) and concentrating when the ball comes in(Spurs and Boro again)

But the forwards also have to do their bit like get it the box and look to get on the end of crosses, concerntrate on finished because yesterday Aguero wasn't set for his finish and Kev tried to burst the net when just keeping it down was all that was required

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.