City v Boro post match

We should have 2 strikers playing up front at home in the premier league, whoever we're playing. Chances galore is all very well but Aguero should have Iheanacho beside him to help him bury our chances, possession football is great but has to be married with putting the ball in the net.

The smoggie got a point at Le Arse too.

Should they do the same at Chavs/Dippers and spuds it won't look like a poor result.

We should have 2 strikers playing up front at home in the premier league, whoever we're playing. Chances galore is all very well but Aguero should have Iheanacho beside him to help him bury our chances, possession football is great but has to be married with putting the ball in the net.
Agreed, against a team like boro who were just sitting back it should've been an obvious choice.

My first impression was that it was Clichy mistake. Its very convenient and shallow of me to scapegoat him. Right?

On review, The fact that Clichy has to cover 2 opponents at that instant made me change my opinion.

With a few minutes to go its Pep's role to see that we were not outnumbered at the back.

It's not the first time that we have lost points in this manner is it?

I think we could really do with a long range goal threat to help unlock defences. Someone who can routinely go close from 25-30 yards. So often we'd see teams rush out to close down Yaya in the fear he'd shoot, and then he'd play a ball for a runner into that space left by the defenders.

If you have a threat like that, the defence can't just sit back and let you go close time and time again until on of those long shots goes in.

Yes if we have a genuine WC threat with long range sniping our opponents will not sit back and close the gaps.

Agree. It's an entertainment business and all teams have surely got a duty to at least try and play football instead of killing the game. Although to be fair they did change in the second half and if they'd have played like that from the start they may have got all 3 points so their ultra negative and destructive approach worked against them in the end
Have to disagree, not an entertainment business, it's a results business where only the fittest survive

The best dribbler we have in the squad is Sterling and he was rested while other older players like Fernandinho and silva weren't. Think Sterling would have mullered the boro left back.
Even without Sterling, we created at least two good goal scoring chances. We are getting past the bus often enough to win these games, but we fluff our lines when it matters most.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.