City v Boro post match

Absolutely madness mate. He's the best manager in the world but I'm amazed in such a tight game he opened it up rather than have what we hold.

Maybe he doesn't trust the team's ability to "hold" anything for too long? I wouldn't. If it was a straight choice, even with 10 minutes to go, between kill it with another goal or kill it by bringing on a defender, I'd be more confident with the former. The latter is an invitation for what happened on Saturday to happen even sooner than it did!

Maybe he doesn't trust the team's ability to "hold" anything for too long? I wouldn't. If it was a straight choice, even with 10 minutes to go, between kill it with another goal or kill it by bringing on a defender, I'd be more confident with the former. The latter is an invitation for what happened on Saturday to happen even sooner than it did!

Oh of course, but when you struggle with your attacking rhythm like we did in the second half then I think you should look at your opponents threat and counteract it. Did Kelechi need to come in with merely added time left?

I'm sure Pep will be massively self critical of himself for that, and my frustration is that teams are seemingly having one chance and scoring against us, which is a contrast to us needing eight chances to score.

I still see the Everton, Soton and now Boro games as games where "if we had scored that pen" or "if we'd scored that guilt edged chance" we'd have 9 instead of 3 points from them.

But we didn't. 3 times. And that's a bit annoying.

Bet Pep is spitting feathers.

Oh of course, but when you struggle with your attacking rhythm like we did in the second half then I think you should look at your opponents threat and counteract it. Did Kelechi need to come in with merely added time left?

I'm sure Pep will be massively self critical of himself for that, and my frustration is that teams are seemingly having one chance and scoring against us, which is a contrast to us needing eight chances to score.

Yeah, I think your last sentence is the key mate to a lot of people's frustration. The bottom line is that we created enough CLEAR chances to put the game to bed and didn't. It's something we've done often this season but also it's something which I think you can't really legislate for. Any manager, not just Pep, will say that if you're creating lots of chances, and giving up very few, then the system is fine. It's the execution that needs to be looked at.

I didn't really see the point in any of Pep's subs tbh, but equally I didn't think any of the subs really were responsible for the equaliser. Well certainly not in the way people think. For me when he subbed Navas off for Garcia that felt wrong because it felt like an invitation for the players to start switching off and focussing on the final whistle.

Yeah, I think your last sentence is the key mate to a lot of people's frustration. The bottom line is that we created enough CLEAR chances to put the game to bed and didn't. It's something we've done often this season but also it's something which I think you can't really legislate for. Any manager, not just Pep, will say that if you're creating lots of chances, and giving up very few, then the system is fine. It's the execution that needs to be looked at.

I didn't really see the point in any of Pep's subs tbh, but equally I didn't think any of the subs really were responsible for the equaliser. Well certainly not in the way people think. For me when he subbed Navas off for Garcia that felt wrong because it felt like an invitation for the players to start switching off and focussing on the final whistle.

I think the Garcia substitution was an attempt to kill the game by holding possession, it backfired and ultimately Navas coming off cost us as we had no one wide right when the ball broke out to the Boro full back.

Not enough shots from outside the penalty area.
Wingers who never try and beat their fullback on the outside - no point I guess as there's no one in the penalty area to attack a cross.
No balls over the top for players to run on to.
Oh and a pack of players who miss sitters in the box. Everyone of our starting AMS and forward missed a sitter. Everyone.
Once against Everton I'd say unlucky. Twice tells me it's a problem. We were scoring 1 in 7(ish) at the start of the season, now it's 1 in 10.1 in 25 against Everton and Boro.

Not enough shotsfrom outside the penalty area.
Wingers who never try and beat their fullback on the outside - no point I guess as there's no one in the penalty area to attack a cross.
No balls over the top for players to run on to.
Oh and a pack of players who miss sitters in the box. Everyone of our stating AMS and forward missed a sitter. Everyone.
Once against Everton I'd say unlucky. Twice tells me it's a problem.

Not having that about the wingers, particularly not in Navas' case. Why was there sitters to miss in the first place? Because Navas was after beating his man to put decent delivery into the box.

Not having that about the wingers, particularly not in Navas' case. Why was there sitters to miss in the first place? Because Navas was after beating his man to put decent delivery into the box.
Beats a man. Doesnt cross or beat the first man anywhere near often enough. He got past the full back twice and pulled the ball back twice from the by-line along the ground for Aguero and KDB. Both sitters, both missed.
Even if we had scored 2 or 3 we have a problem. To win the League you need to score 1 in 5 or better. That is what we did in 2011-12 and 2013-14.

Beats a man. Doesnt cross or beat the first man anywhere near often enough. He got past the full back twice and pulled the ball back twice from the by-line for Aguero and KDB. Both sitters, both missed.
Even if we had scored 2 or 3 we have a problem. To win tge League you need to score 1 in 5 or better. That is what we did in 2011-12 and 2013-14.

No doubt we have a problem, we're nowhere near clinical enough. Navas put one in for Gundogan too. On another day with better finishing he gets 3 assists.

A think we simply have to mix it up a bit more. more shots from outside the box. more balls over the top.
Pep will get it right I think but it will take time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.