City v Boro post match

We are playing well but as i say we are not closing the home games,beautiful football still needs the end result,our home games have been against teams we should be able to finish off,plenty of chances created but not taking them,not scoring has nothing to do with pep's way of playing as the chances are there for them but we are not putting them away at home,if you can't see a pattern is forming at then there is no point continuing this
I'm normally on the same wavelength as you Karen but on this I'm not. I understand what your saying but I predicted this on the pre match thread. The common denominator is we are simply not finishing. We could have had ten. 27 shots and only 1 goal, they had 2 and scored once. It's the old 'after the Lord Mayors show' syndrome. If we had scored 2 in the first half this all would be irrelevant. It's all a learning curve, the football is sublime and we just need to convert more chances. I'm annoyed at the result but not the team or the he boss.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say pure luck, reflexes are important. Good comparison but If I remember right that goal was directly over Joe's head which is harder to get a hand to than the one far enough to the side of Bravo's head that he just needed to raise an arm quicker too. I'm not being awkward there though it might sound it.

Whether you think he should/could have saved it or not (I won't deny I'm asking high standards there but I'm sure Pep would expect them too), I'll keep a lid on my preference for Joe thus far until Bravo has had plenty of time to accustom himself and then post my opinion then.

Yeah sorry mate, I wasn't have a dig at you or any preference for Joe to be honest, I was just thinking it would have been hard for any keeper to have made a save in that situation.

Just got home after a very unhappy 160 miles so not read any comments yet.

Where to begin? My worst fears were almost realised as yet another group of City players contrive to let Boro escape the Etihad with something. Whichever players are selected, they have to do better than that but I do feel Pep got the starting 11 wrong and bringing on Garcia was a disaster of a decision. I need to see a replay to be sure but I think Garcia gave the ball away meekly with what I don't even know if it was a clearance or attempt at a pass but it was not what was required at that moment and he then compounded the error by not starining every sinew to close down the Boro player who crossed for their goal; a player that Navas would probably have been on top of if he had still been on the pitch. Young players have to get game time or else they cannot progress but to use one to close out a tight game against a team with a history of snatching points off us is too risky; that was the time dare I say it to bring on a Yaya Toure.

The young un that should have had some game time was Maffeo, who I would have started.

The first half was OK but the second half strated to go downhill quickly when Dinho made a ridiculously bad pass to Negredo and the team's composure seemed to evaporate, culminating in both Aguero and KDB spurning what looked like very presentable opportunities for players of their ability.

When are City going to get a group of players who are ruthless enough to dominate this league?

How about given the opposition a little credit, Boro were excellent today well drilled no space left between the lines, we we getting in round the back towards the end of the first half they stopped that in the second half
They had their plan and did it well but we had countless chances to score and aside from kun's goal we wasted them,that and subs at the end when we just needed to see out the game for 5 mins were stupid and opened up that side of the field allowing the guy to cross it,it's a pattern at home and i am just saying what i see,i don't need patronising or told i am flapping

its simple we only got goals in the team from aguero
silva and KDB are not major in scoring yes great finding the pass but we need more from silva and KDB in front of goal
maybe we could play 2 up front and drop 1 of the wide players and play silva or KDB on the right or left but the team need more than aguero chipping in and we need to find the net from another role. its easy to see that if you don't have goals or a couple strikers it can put pressure on the rest and panic sets in

ok we dropped points again at home but rome was not built in a day

The only thing that really concerns me is that no team has ever won the league without having a tight defence that concedes few goals. This "we'll just outscore them" idea is fantasy. It's never been won by doing that. The title winning team always has the best, or maybe the 2nd best defensive record.

Unless we sort this out, we are not winning the league.

They had their plan and did it well but we had countless chances to score and aside from kun's goal we wasted them,that and subs at the end when we just needed to see out the game for 5 mins were stupid and opened up that side of the field allowing the guy to cross it,it's a pattern at home and i am just saying what i see,i don't need patronising or told i am flapping
There's been some flapping in the comments but I don't think that's flapping at all Karen, can't really argue with the suggestion that some of the changes gave them something to capitalize on. I still say Clichy should have at least jumped if he's beaten fair enough but he didn't even try(might have won it or put him off we'll never know now) and if we'd have put one of those chances away none of this would have mattered.

We are playing well but as i say we are not closing the home games,beautiful football still needs the end result,our home games have been against teams we should be able to finish off,plenty of chances created but not taking them,not scoring has nothing to do with pep's way of playing as the chances are there for them but we are not putting them away at home,if you can't see a pattern is forming at then there is no point continuing this

You're right, flappers will be flappers.

I'm normally on the same wavelength as you Karen but on this I'm not. I understand what your saying but I predicted this on the pre match thread. The common denominator is we are simply not finishing. We could have had ten. 27 shots and only 1 goal, they had 2 and scored once. It's the old 'after the Lord Mayors show' syndrome. If we had scored 2 in the first half this all would be irrelevant. It's all a learning curve, the football is sublime and we just need to convert more chances. I'm annoyed at the result but not the team orthodox he boss.
Yeah and it's happened three times on the trot at home.
So it's not a one off 'one of those days', it's a pattern and it represents a weakness in the team.
Also the Sunderland and West Ham home games, despite dominating and winning were still too close for comfort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.