City v Boro post match

I don't think his Hollywood crosses are any good - they often fail.

What I think is irreplaceable at the moment, is his crosses. No player on our side can fuck up the opposition with a killer cross such as Kolarov consistently delivers.

Moreover, Kolarov is extremely composed when on the ball - he doesn't commit daft defensive passes like Stones does - and is aggressive moving the ball forward.

I like Kolarov at CB - and, a bit less so at fullback.

But I recognize his defensive liabilities - I expect that we'll get a much better replacement - maybe not next year - as we have more pressing needs IMO - but the year following.

Kolarov is really a hugely underated assest to our side.
If you watched much of City you'd be aware that Kolarov rarely goes forward under Pep, consequently hits very few crosses this season, therefore negating his "irreplaceable" asset....

I'll leave it there.

cannot win games if we are not going to take advantage of our chances in the box. this game should have been out of reach after the first 45...

I love Fernandinho but his first touch at times put our defense in bad situations.

My hope is that Jesus will be the difference in January but he is a kid so I am not sure how much we can count on him.

What is wrong with Sane? Is he not ready?

My worry mate is the likes of Silva, Sterling ,Gundogan simply haven't got it in front of goal, there's only Kev and Sergio that can really be relied on consistently .
Gündoğan scored four goals in two games

Was he? So what if he was?

He is now using him extensively and it is not because he never has other options.

Kola was top of my summer list for upgrading but he is still here and he has played well in the last two games. I said to someone before the Barca game that I would not have started Kola but I was wrong.
I'm not blaming him for anything yesterday, it's no big issue playing him generally against lower sides as we don't come under top much pressure.

I'm simply pointing out that, imo, he's still as shit as he ever was, and a couple of half decent games doesn't disguise that fact.

If you watched much of City you'd be aware that Kolarov rarely goes forward under Pep, consequently hits very few crosses this season, therefore negating his "irreplaceable" asset....

I'll leave it there.
Uh... OK.

Kolarov when played as fullback is always far forward at every opportunity.

Under, Pep, Kolarov has also played a lot of centerback - no way he's ever going to be in position to cross at that position.

Nevertheless, Kolarov is a tremendous passer - and very infrequently makes bonehead passes like Stone's does way too often currently (I expect Stones to grow out of this and be world class in the future).

Bottom line - Kilarov is composed on the ball, reads the game, is positionally sound - but is averagely fast, struggles to block crosses, and is a defensive liability.

Uh... OK.

Kolarov when played as fullback is always far forward at every opportunity.

Under, Pep, Kolarov has also played a lot of centerback - no way he's ever going to be in position to cross at that position.

Nevertheless, Kolarov is a tremendous passer - and very infrequently makes bonehead passes like Stone's does way too often currently (I expect Stones to grow out of this and be world class in the future).

Bottom line - Kilarov is composed on the ball, reads the game, is positionally sound - but is averagely fast, struggles to block crosses, and is a defensive liability.

No, he isn't always far forward as a fullback under Pep.

I can't understand why we rested Sterling given there's another international break coming up. Surely Pep could have got a bit more from him then tell England he'd picked up a knock and won't be available.

I'm pretty sure Pep doesn't give a shit about the England team, and being honest nor do I, it's all about City for me. Perhaps Sterling was completely fucked after working so hard in the Barca game.

It's such a disappointing and frustrating result yesterday, ruined my weekend. Fucking hate Boro, and so pissed off at all these points we drop to shit/average teams because of poor finishing and lapses in defensive concentration. Every error seems to be punished.

But really, we just need to be so much more clinical in front of goal. For the chances we create we're so wasteful or half arsed in shooting.
correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.