City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

You should think before you type.

I said it was an embarrassing performance before Aguero scored.

The game was heading to a 1-1 draw and therefore that’s why I said it was an embarrassing performance, and to a certain extent I still think it was.

We were very poor today, relied far too much on De Bruyne and defensively we were absolutely all over the place I thought at times, especially considering it was a Championship competition we were up against.

The biggest loss to our team's cohesion is not playing Ederson. Bravo is a complete dithering fool who creates needless pressure and encourages the opposition to press high.

Relieved to win but we've needlessly made the 2nd Leg a task rather than a day out.

Started the 1st goal, though.

Understand the YaYa comments but come on Gundogan was terrible again
.You must ask what Sane was up to as well.
So many great positions and not one decent delivery or shot at goal.
Mangala it is a disgrace that he still plays for us and Bravo just hasn't the ball skills for our system.
At least Pep made the right sub decisions.
Strongest side for the 2nd leg.Take no chances and get to build on this fortunate result.
Take no chances against a very good Bristol side.

Other than the 6 man press splitting pass that created the first goal.
Bravo is one of the best keepers in the World with his feet. YaYa offers him nothing. Mangala less than nothing.
Ederson would possibly struggle if he was only offered YaYa as the out ball.

I really enjoyed that, yes it wasn't us at our best, but this team don't know how to lose, but I really enjoyed that Bristol City came to try and play against.

What a class manager we have too, he really enjoyed the game, and he showed it with their boss at the end.

Credit to Bristol city for that. I thought they did their best and it almost worked. They at least didn't park the bus though and with our shaky back line looked a threat at times.

Fans were good too.

I said it was an embarrassing performance before Aguero scored.

The game was heading to a 1-1 draw and therefore that’s why I said it was an embarrassing performance, and to a certain extent I still think it was.

We were very poor today, relied far too much on De Bruyne and defensively we were absolutely all over the place I thought at times, especially considering it was a Championship competition we were up against.
Do you prefer England to City as someone just posted?

The biggest loss to our team's cohesion is not playing Ederson. Bravo is a complete dithering fool who creates needless pressure and encourages the opposition to press high.

Relieved to win but we've needlessly made the 2nd Leg a task rather than a day out.
I don't have any worries with Bravo with the ball at his feet, the only times he has played this season it has been with makeshift defences who are nowhere near as comfortable as our starting defence which Ederson gets the luxury of.

When someone is near Bravo to get a good pass off, he does it (See the pass to KDB)

Ederson would '"look" crap if he too had to play passes out to Mangala. ffs.
Bit of perspective,

I thought Bristol City defended and pressed well at times but I think the Wolves performance against us was much better.

We caused ourselves problems today with our wastefulness in front of goal. Having 26 shots but only 6 on target sums it up really, but the more worrying factor was how complacent we looked in the final third. Just like against Burnley, we got into some fantastic attacking positions but simply failed to capitalise on them like we did earlier in the season.

Hoping adding Sanchez will give the attack the kick up the arse it needs!

There's no excuse not to play the first team in the 2nd leg, it falls between Newcastle (H) and Cardiff/Mansfield (A)

If we're absolutely honest we stole that one. Credit to Bristol, they played well. The pressed and defended well. However, we were poor in so many departments, Mangala is just awful and should be nowhere near this squad. Stones had a very poor night. He look a long way off being match fit and a little short on confidence. As many others have said, it is time Yaya was moved on. Its been a privilege watching him but he is simply too slow for this team. In no particular order Danilo, Gundogan and Bernardo were poor and Sane is so frustratingly wasteful at times.

On a more positive note, KdB is just so good and that pass by Bravo that lead to our first goal was a thing of beauty.

The good news is that we are ahead on aggregate and its hard to imagine we will be that poor in the second leg.

Breath of fresh air watching a team come and play football at our place - think only Napoli and Shatkar have done better...the MCFC of the championship...Mangala wouldn’t get anywhere near their side and pep should put a 5 mile restraining order on him around the Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.