City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

like we did tonight?
fjFECDN.gif

Hmmmmmmm.

Just got in, cant be arsed reading the thread, but scrape below our first choicers and the squad players just aren’t all that.

Bravo - confidence shot, bag of nerves
Mangala - wow, actually couldn’t have played any worse if he’d have put a red shirt on.
Danilo - bang average
Yaya - legend but he’s finished
Gundogan - love the guy and I’ll cut him slack because of injury but he just fucking hides, so frustrating as he should run a game like tonight
Bernardo - again I’ll cut him slack as I think he will be great for us but should be settled enough now to be performing better than that

We need somebody with quick feet, trickery and fast change of direction in the box. We get wide in and around the box so often but Sane is the only player who can consistently beat a man. We get into great positions but lack so much decisiveness. We create a weird situation because we arrive in these kind of positions so, so often and we do eventually stick one chance away, so any criticism then gets attacked. I still believe we are a level behind Pep's Barca and Bayern sides and that's because I don't think we have the same consistency in the final third....again sounds odd considering how often we score. I just think for the number of positions we get in, it's criminal that we don't score more goals, particularly considering it's easy final balls that are a constant problem for us.

So as I have said on a different thread, someone like Mahrez would help us so much against teams who have limited ambition. He is so good in one vs one situations and would create so much space as he can commit two/three players at a time.

All that aside, we won again which is great. We haven't learned anything really other than the fact that Zinchenko suits us well. He can be a find. Yaya, Mangala, Bravo are clearly not good enough. Stones looks poor next to Mangala. Danilo is very mediocre and Gundogan and Bernardo have so much quality but don't have the personality to dominate games in this system or haven't really displayed. I think we do have players who can dominate the stat sheet without dominating the flow of the game so when someone like Silva is missing (who is often the opposite) and a few players are off form, we struggle for any kind of tempo, which has been the case in the League Cup this season. That said, one foot in the final so can't moan too much I suppose. Hopefully we are saving our best for Sunday!

If you wish to discuss the empty seats then do so on the thread I've just bumped.
Keep this for discussing on field matters,cheers

His reading of penalties is excellent. Was unlucky.
Nearly saved their only real chance created by fuck ups from two others.
Created the first goal.
Excellent handling.
Came for some crosses and swept up well behind the defence.

Yet still gets slated.

He did some good things, but he also contributed to an overall sense of nervousness. Perhaps we’ve been spoiled by Ederson, but I personally shit myself every time the ball went near him or Mangala. Stones and Danilo didn’t help matters either and the defence as a whole was as shaky as I’ve seen it since the early days of last season.

I agree, we did fanny about too much, but for most of the game we didn't have a striker on the pitch, but we also had a huge number of shots blocked by them putting their bodies in the way, we certainly over played at times.

I think Pep had a word a few weeks ago when we started doing that & we suddenly started first time shooting.

For some strange reason, we only seemed to do that tonight when more than 25 yards out.

I think we have a bunch of players who can do it & it's the biggest & maybe the only area where teams such as Real Madrid & Barca outclass us sometimes.

We are as good or better in pretty much every other area imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.