City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

Very disappointing but to be fair we lost to a better team on the night.

Our defence looked very uneasy right from the start whereas theirs looked solid.

Have to admit Hazard is a fantastic player. I really wish he had chosen sky blue instead of joining that lot.

mammutly said:
Chelsea played very well. They beat us to the second ball nearly every time. Not a lot wrong with City though
Spot on. Thank fook for a bit of sense. The personnel we had available could have won the game, but Chelsea worked harder and wanted it more. Changing a player or two wouldn't have made much much difference to that game. The team all have to work hard and play as a unit.

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
Why Pellegrini makes so silly mistakes? We need 5 in midfield in this sort of matches. What he was thinking? 4 in midfield including Demichelis will be enough against Chelsea's midfield? Is he fucking stupid?
When he played with 1 striker at stamford bridge everyone said he shouldnt have changed the way he plays.

Fact is, it's his first season. Remember RM's first season. He was defensive like fuck. Then 2nd season we were free-scoring. He's finding his feet as well. This is a great great season and we are a team in development. Only gonna get better. We are much less reliant on certain players than we used to be.

B\connellblue said:
Pellegrini need a good kick up the arse for that tonight. Against any team worth it's salt a 2 man midfield will get overrun. Not the first time this has happened either. The blueprint on how to beat us has been out in the open for a long time now. 1 sub in a game we were losing doesn't show much tactical nous from the count. Nastastic is as bad as savic now( how that has happened is baffling). If lescott comes back in we'll win the title if he persists with either of the other 2 alongside Vinny the liklehood is that we won't. Can anyone post the chavs run in? It's a lot easier than ours.

If Lescott comes back in we win the title ? yea alrite.......try Aguero and you be more nearer the point

Tacticts!
The 4-4-2 clearly isn't well suited for MD as a central midfielder. In my opinion Pellegrini made the wrong choice playing that formation. Yes, I know it is easy to say in retrospect, but i would've liked us going for a 4-2-3-1 Mancini-esque formation as following:

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis - Kolarov
Y. Touré - J. Garcia
Navas - Jovetic - Silva
Negredo

I wasn't very happy about the fact that we only used 1/3 subs today. Milner for nasti would have made a difference imo. I would even go as far as saying Lopes could've gotten a chance.

Fuck me, what a season this is turning out to be and guess what, we're in the thick of it?

I'm loving this season, great football, twists and turns, this is going to the wire folks.

Sit back and enjoy the ride..........

nellyonthewing said:
Pellegrini v Mourinho
Played 8

Mourinho wins 6

Draw 1

Pellegrini wins 1

Mourinho team’s goals scored 26

Pellegrini team’s goals scored 9

Mourinho’s sides have never failed to find the net against Pellegrini’s Malaga and Manchester City teams.
Pellegrini has conceded 3.2 goals per game on average against Mourinho

Interesting stats - tonight could have been far worse too, hit the post how many times, 3 or 4

chin up though lads, onwards and upwards!!

short and sweet. Mourinho is too good for Pellegrini. And he has to be admired, he is the best in the business imo

All a bit deckchairs on the halfway line again in the first half I thought. Fernandinho has become so essential to the way that we play it's like losing two players without him. I'd certainly have like Jovetic to start wide left with Dave tucked in and helping cram the middle a bit as yaya was bascially over run and Demichelis was two yards off the pace except when Chelsea ran directly into him.

The word was that De Jong was available at 5m in the window, if he were still around he'd have made a difference to the GA column all season, imo.

Anyway, can't see Norwich fans feeling great around now as there'll be a point to prove. The battle vs the war, etc, we're still very well placed to challenge for the title.

And Moyes still has his job ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.