City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

B\connellblue said:
Pellegrini need a good kick up the arse for that tonight. Against any team worth it's salt a 2 man midfield will get overrun. Not the first time this has happened either. The blueprint on how to beat us has been out in the open for a long time now. 1 sub in a game we were losing doesn't show much tactical nous from the count. Nastastic is as bad as savic now( how that has happened is baffling). If lescott comes back in we'll win the title if he persists with either of the other 2 alongside Vinny the liklehood is that we won't. Can anyone post the chavs run in? It's a lot easier than ours.

Nobody else appears to have read it for while then...

All this slagging Pellegrini off, is it really necessary? Given where he has brought us so far?

Chelsea outplayed us, we did as best we could given the circumstances. A few players underwhelmed but we are due one.

Nastasic not the same player he was last season. Despite his youth, he seemed so much more assured. Looks as if he's lacking that self-belief.

As most have said already, Fernandinho was a big big loss. Tonight's result really showed how vital he is to our team running smoothly.

Dzeko most of the time has the touch of an elephant, despite usually getting his name on the scoresheet. That can almost be forgiven as long as he is scoring, but otherwise he sticks out.

We were outnumbered in midfield today, it may have been a good opportunity for Jovetic to start as a supporting striker, or a link between the midfield and a lone forward.

Dusappointing result but the season is far from over. Learning from this result is a must.

nellyonthewing said:
Pellegrini v Mourinho
Played 8

Mourinho wins 6

Draw 1

Pellegrini wins 1

Mourinho team’s goals scored 26

Pellegrini team’s goals scored 9

Mourinho’s sides have never failed to find the net against Pellegrini’s Malaga and Manchester City teams.
Pellegrini has conceded 3.2 goals per game on average against Mourinho

How can you compare Malaga to Real Madrid though?

Give me Pellegrini's football anyday of the week.

nellyonthewing said:
Pellegrini v Mourinho
Played 8

Mourinho wins 6

Draw 1

Pellegrini wins 1

Mourinho’s sides have never failed to find the net against Pellegrini’s Malaga and Manchester City teams.
Come on man. Mourinho managed Real Madrid while Pellers managed cash strapped Malaga.
This means nothing

Cue weeklong media wankfest over Moaninho and the chavs. Suits me fine. Whilst the Chelsea team are believing the hype we'll regroup and go back to quietly picking up max points. People on here claiming he schooled Pelle. Get a grip. He brought a team for a point and then they took advantage of the huge hole Fern left in our midfield to boss the game and control it but were still hanging on at the end making timewasting subs. They won because we had half our team out. Not coz he's a genius.

nellyonthewing said:
Pellegrini v Mourinho
Played 8

Mourinho wins 6

Draw 1

Pellegrini wins 1

I think Pellegrini is psyched out by Maureen to be honest. I think he panicked tonight and lost the plot a bit.

Still only 3 points gone. Onwards and upwards. Let's do the bastards in the FA Cup eh?

Well I personally thought that was horrendous. Second best everywhere for 90 mins. Second to every ball, and the amount of times Chelsea walked through our midfield and defence without us getting within 10 metres of them was ridiculous. We just watched half of the time.
When we won the title, I stuck by the opinion that we deserved it as it was between us and man u, we beat them twice that season and therefore deserved the title over them. This year if it comes down to us and Chelsea, there can't be any complaints if they win it having beat us twice.

Gutted tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.