City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

Off night and Chelsea were up for it.

Combine that with having no Serge , no Samir and no Ferny and it was always going to be difficult.

It's how we respond that matters

shaiomarali said:
All this slagging Pellegrini off, is it really necessary? Given where he has brought us so far?

Chelsea outplayed us, we did as best we could given the circumstances. A few players underwhelmed but we are due one.
Agree with this^^^^^

welsh_andy said:
Hihosilva said:
Demichelis was poor in holding midfield. Kompany could have done a decent job there & put Demichelis in the back four.

are you mad, mdm is woeful as a cb, the guy did a decent job tonight, made some cracking tackles, but you cant judge him against fern, fern is quicker fitter,better passer and sees the game better etc etc. mdm was decent in the holding roll, there was no one else you could have put there that would have made any difference tbh

Demichelis is not good enough in any position - I don't get it - Jimmy is a great young player, he's one of home grown and he can't get a run out in the midfield over this donkey - Pellegrini let us down today with some very bad decisions .... Don't get me wrong Demichelis was OK today but his legs have gone, we can all see that and Chelsea were all over us like a cheap suit!!!

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
citijin said:
why cant we defend like chelsea did today??????????

because you need midfield players to sit deep too and we don't do that. We needed fernandihno bad tonight.
And Cahill and Terry have a very good understanding at the back
Can't say that about VK and whoever MP decides to pair with him.
It's about time we had a settled CB pairing.

B\connellblue said:
The blueprint on how to beat us has been out in the open for a long time now
If that comment has one ounce of sense in it, why the fuck has hardly anyone beaten us?

I despair sometimes.

Chelsea were very good and thoroughly deserved their victory: we produced a terribly poor performance. Chelsea's back four got effective protection from Matic and Luis: Nastasic was a pale shadow of last season's player, and he and Vinnie got little if any protection. Dimichelis is simply not up to it at this level and all he did was to persuade Ya Ya to play deeper than normal. City's central midfield was effectively one man. Peller's system makes enormous demands on two central midfielders, even when they are Fernandinho and Ya Ya, against very good opposition. Replace Ferna with Dimichelis (3rd, 4th choice CB?) and I don't think it can work, as we saw tonight. It makes you wonder whether City should have coughed up on Friday!

shaiomarali said:
All this slagging Pellegrini off, is it really necessary? Given where he has brought us so far?

Chelsea outplayed us, we did as best we could given the circumstances. A few players underwhelmed but we are due one.
Agreed. Everyone needs to relax. This is Pellers first season in charge. He brought us goals goals goals. Defensively we havent improved but I'm hoping next season this will change.

Mourinho is just a dick. Everyone needs to stop sucking his dick all the time.

BosnianDiamond said:
Begbie said:
citijin said:
when are ppl going to understand he is worthless
mystifies me mate....people covering for him because he scores a few....full strength team you could put a pair of boots on a lampost and it would score as many as Dzeko
Uncalled for. Give him credit at least for being in the position to shoot. He had a poor game shooting but it is horrible how he is your favorite scapegoat.
Being in the position to shoot?! He should take up rugby instead, where his skill will be appreciated.

Dzeko is just far too wasteful for a winning team. Period. We need a proper finisher in that position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.