City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

Re: We had to Lose Sometime

NQCitizen said:
scousemanc said:
NQCitizen said:
We bottled the biggest game of our season realistically, imo it's a bit of a cop out just to write it off as the sheer weight of probability.

There's probably a bigger issue in there.

Don't read too much into one game. Bad...or good.

It's fair to say our two hardest home games on paper we've lost playing the same tactic and being undone by the same tactic.
I thought the players just fell to pieces when they went a goal down. Injuries were a factor. But still very dsapointing to see Citys game affected so much by the scoreline and pressure. We really did bottle it.

I don't think they were really in the game for the first 20 minutes but in that time they soaked up the pressure and then started to win balls in the midfield by hustling and niggling and disrupting our flow. Balls that had previously flown confidently forwards suddenly started being passed nervously backwards and you could see the goal coming. They also did a great job on Silva and Hazard had Zabs and anybody else who tried to take the ball off him in his pocket for the whole 90 minutes. If he didn't hold onto the ball he tended to win a free kick - he was outstanding. Willian also played well and Ivanovitch would look good in any side.

jamesha said:
What was with the traffic before the match?

I took me over an hour to get up the Princess Parkway to the ground.

Missed the first 10 minutes and no time for food or beer :-(

Certain that both the M60 and M62 had accidents at approx 5.00pm so no doubt people fighting and trying to get off as and where they best could mate.We hit it at 5.15 pm on the Parkway and it took us more than an hour to get to the ground.

With these games the opportunity to score is always at a premium so the players with highest goals to shots are a must - Djeko had that opportunity in the 2nd half and didn't take it!
Don't know what happened with the Beast (I know substituted) but the last 15 mins with Jovetic would have forced a goal. No point being airiel with Chelski.

Telford_Blue_Hixxy said:
Well deserved Chelsea, hopefully we'll exact revenge on the 15th!
Yes, but they really didn't play that well. They just sat deep and watched us fall apart in front of them

Marvin said:
NQCitizen said:
scousemanc said:
Don't read too much into one game. Bad...or good.

It's fair to say our two hardest home games on paper we've lost playing the same tactic and being undone by the same tactic.
I thought the players just fell to pieces when they went a goal down. Injuries were a factor. But still very dsapointing to see Citys game affected so much by the scoreline and pressure. We really did bottle it.

Without Aguero and Nasri our play is very static and lacks aggression and confidence.

I think some of the underlying nervousness of last season still remains and tonight Chelsea went at it like champions while we never really convinced.

Realistically if we go 4-4-2 against Barca (missing the players we are) we could get torn apart and you wonder what that might do to the team.

No fight tonight at all from many of our players.

Marvin said:
Telford_Blue_Hixxy said:
Well deserved Chelsea, hopefully we'll exact revenge on the 15th!
Yes, but they really didn't play that well. They just sat deep and watched us fall apart in front of them
Chelsea were amazing. Don't be like the supporters from utd and give credit where it os due. They managed to nullify a team which has been scoring for fun against every team at home. And those of you who are saying it was a blip, you would be right if we lost to a mid-table or relegation fodder team, but we didn't.

Hopefully next time we play them we will play to our potential and show them how its done. As for the result, we are level with Chelsea on points and only two behind Arsenal. Not exactly the end of the world. Chin up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.