City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Stop Yaya turning and running with the ball - City lose.

Stop Zabaleta on the overlap - City lose.

Stop Kolarov on the overlap - City lose.

Fernandinho not playing - City lose.

Aguero and Nasri not playing - again, good chance City will lose against that calibre of opponent.

Our lack of squad depth in key areas was ruthlessly exposed and we played without intelligence and chased the game far too quickly.

Time for an extra man in the middle while we get some of our big game players back?
Stop silva city lose....

nellyonthewing said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Aguero and Nasri not playing - again, good chance City will lose against that calibre of opponent.

Our lack of squad depth in key areas was ruthlessly exposed and we played without intelligence and chased the game far too quickly.

Time for an extra man in the middle while we get some of our big game players back?
Stop silva city lose....

Don't hit the target with 20 shots, Lose ! Shoot practice anyone ?

Bluebee2 said:
We were done by Mourinho's classic 4-3-3 which is no big secret but we failed to match them especially for work rate (that's why he sold Mata), we didn't work their keeper once in the first half and not much more in the second, for the amount of chances we had. A bad day at the office as they say with some average performances from several players. Hopefully we'll put it right in the Cup next weekend.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Pellegrini will go 4-4-2 again, you can count on it. He MUST have thought even after we were being run ragged that it was working and that we should carry on as we were, or he would have changed it. He said it his post match interview how close he thought the game was.

If he plays the same in the FA Cup, we will get exactly the same outcome, unsurprisingly. Fernandino - if he's back, which is looking unlikely - would not make that much difference imho. 4-4-2 with Yata in the middle (great though he was last night) is never going to work against the top sides. ESPECIALLY with strikers standing around like bookends waiting for the ball and unprepared to get back to help out.

nellyonthewing said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Stop silva city lose....

They didn't stop Silva, in any real sense I would argue.

A by-product of Fernandinho being out was Silva had to do his work ten yards further back than normal, to receive the ball, that allowed Chelsea to defend and close the spaces in front of them.

Silva has missed Nasri more than anyone in recent weeks.

The loss of Fernandinho is huge but we have some winnable games coming up.

Lost the battle but can still win the war if the mentality is right.

We took six points off United in our title-winning season, didn't stop them finishing on the same amount of points as us.

Our goal difference could again be a huge factor if we hang on in there.

My concern would be the FA Cup game against Chelsea. They have a free Champions League week and can afford to pretty much field a full strength side.

LeKoa said:
Having completed my post-mortem on last night's game (broadsheets' analysis, 5 Live comments, highlights - NOT tabloids or Talksport) it is evident that there is far less to worry about than the media would like us to.

In the scheme of our performances this season, last night's result can be bracketed in the 'one-off' category. It is only the second time that we haven't scored this season in a game;
Let me just stop you there. It is the third time. And the game against Stoke we should have lost.

Don't disagree with the rest of your post and strongly agree with your point 1. Surely this is blindingly obvious when we come up against the best teams and are not at full strength. I'm disappointed we didn't strengthen by purchase or loan this past transfer window but I'm sure that come next season we will have much greater strength in depth.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Can you honestly think Pellegrini will play an extra man in midfield?! He payed 2 up top last night with a half injured Negrado!! Utter utter madness

Losing Aguero and Fernandinho in the space of a week, prior to the game, as a huge huge loss. We really need to get those 3 (Nasri, Fern and Aguero) back as soon as fucking possible.

On a more positive note, Jovetic is literally like a new signing and I thought he made a massive difference when he came on.

So poor

I dont think I can ever remember us playing so badly at home for such a long long time. A lot of players last night should be ashamed of how they played. The midfield duo of Yaya and Demicheles what the fuck was that all about. Yaya is great going forward but needed to track back and help out much more yesterday. He was too lazy to even try and get a block on the goal that won the game. Demicheles was shocking in midfield passing at times so poor no legs for the position.

The tatics from Pelligreni too was a bit confusing. Not to start Milner was strange a proper midfielder in there in place of Demicheles would of helped some bit. Taking off Negredo instead of Dzeko was another strange decision. You would of left Negredo on instead of Dzeko who missed some half chances. Mourhino got under Pelli's skin and won the mind games both times and took 6 points from the 2 games we played. Are we still favourites to win the title after last night I am not too sure. Will we be able to put this behind us and kick on again and show it was just blip I hope so. I think its a lession learned for Pelli and hopefully we dont see that sort again this season. Chelsea deserved the win.

Chippy_boy said:
Bluebee2 said:
We were done by Mourinho's classic 4-3-3 which is no big secret but we failed to match them especially for work rate (that's why he sold Mata), we didn't work their keeper once in the first half and not much more in the second, for the amount of chances we had. A bad day at the office as they say with some average performances from several players. Hopefully we'll put it right in the Cup next weekend.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Pellegrini will go 4-4-2 again, you can count on it. He MUST have thought even after we were being run ragged that it was working and that we should carry on as we were, or he would have changed it. He said it his post match interview how close he thought the game was.

If he plays the same in the FA Cup, we will get exactly the same outcome, unsurprisingly. Fernandino - if he's back, which is looking unlikely - would not make that much difference imho. 4-4-2 with Yata in the middle (great though he was last night) is never going to work against the top sides. ESPECIALLY with strikers standing around like bookends waiting for the ball and unprepared to get back to help out.

Well we need more work rate to match them, the only surprise for me is that there is no surprise from Mourinho, he plays 4-3-3 with players that work there bollocks off, it's no secret but we didn't match that, their hunger, desire and will to win was greater than ours last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.