City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

waspish said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Stop Yaya turning and running with the ball - City lose.

Stop Zabaleta on the overlap - City lose.

Stop Kolarov on the overlap - City lose.

Fernandinho not playing - City lose.

Aguero and Nasri not playing - again, good chance City will lose against that calibre of opponent.

Our lack of squad depth in key areas was ruthlessly exposed and we played without intelligence and chased the game far too quickly.

Time for an extra man in the middle while we get some of our big game players back?

Can you honestly think Pellegrini will play an extra man in midfield?! He payed 2 up top last night with a half injured Negrado!! Utter utter madness

Well he did at Stamford Bridge and there was nothing wrong with that thinking.

We were at home and right to play two up top and there would have been plenty of groaning if Negredo had been left out again.

Rodwell and Milner would have been more exposed than Demichelis, as they simply don't have the technique and aren't properly fit, either.

We can all be wise after the event but I agree the time has come for Pellegrini to choose his battles a little more wisely with the personnel at his current disposal.

Re: So poor

leighton said:
I dont think I can ever remember us playing so badly at home for such a long long time. A lot of players last night should be ashamed of how they played. The midfield duo of Yaya and Demicheles what the fuck was that all about. Yaya is great going forward but needed to track back and help out much more yesterday. He was too lazy to even try and get a block on the goal that won the game. Demicheles was shocking in midfield passing at times so poor no legs for the position.

The tatics from Pelligreni too was a bit confusing. Not to start Milner was strange a proper midfielder in there in place of Demicheles would of helped some bit. Taking off Negredo instead of Dzeko was another strange decision. You would of left Negredo on instead of Dzeko who missed some half chances. Mourhino got under Pelli's skin and won the mind games both times and took 6 points from the 2 games we played. Are we still favourites to win the title after last night I am not too sure. Will we be able to put this behind us and kick on again and show it was just blip I hope so. I think its a lession learned for Pelli and hopefully we dont see that sort again this season. Chelsea deserved the win.

Sorry mate you might be better sticking to the horse's, what a pile of crap you've just posted.

leighton said:
I dont think I can ever remember us playing so badly at home for such a long long time. A lot of players last night should be ashamed of how they played. The midfield duo of Yaya and Demicheles what the fuck was that all about. Yaya is great going forward but needed to track back and help out much more yesterday. He was too lazy to even try and get a block on the goal that won the game. Demicheles was shocking in midfield passing at times so poor no legs for the position.

The tatics from Pelligreni too was a bit confusing. Not to start Milner was strange a proper midfielder in there in place of Demicheles would of helped some bit. Taking off Negredo instead of Dzeko was another strange decision. You would of left Negredo on instead of Dzeko who missed some half chances. Mourhino got under Pelli's skin and won the mind games both times and took 6 points from the 2 games we played. Are we still favourites to win the title after last night I am not too sure. Will we be able to put this behind us and kick on again and show it was just blip I hope so. I think its a lession learned for Pelli and hopefully we dont see that sort again this season. Chelsea deserved the win.
get a fuckin grip you tart...... give me strengh some people on here

pml79 said:
Thought pellers would av brought the beast off at halftime brought clichy on n moved kolarov up make 5 man midfield with edin up top have him n navas get crosses in
Yeah, agree that would have improved the team a lot, although I said at the time Jovetic on for the wasteful Dzeko. I'm really baffled by Pellers' tactics last night. I think that, more than anyone, he was the rabbit caught in the headlamps and unable to think or act.

I don't think we were poor. CFC made it the most difficult match since the GermanRags turned up. We could have won that game last night had our better chances have gone in. It might have been a bit of an injustice had we done so, but 'poor' is not an adjective I would apply to last night's performance. I think the absence of Fernandinho spread a little despondency through the team and CFC capitalised on it. Chelsea were not staggeringly good, better by a thin margin, but we were not outplayed.

It was Bayern all over again. Almost a carbon copy of that game. Even after 15 mins I could see our midfield being a problem. In the Bayern game MP at least dropped Silva into midfield to make a 5, when 0-3 down and the game did change, but too late for us. Last night he should have pulled Dzeko/Negredo and put in Milner. Some of the passing from deep was poor, telegraphed and some potential "hospital passes" also served up. Dzeko and Kolarov in particular did not track back enough and showed no zest or energy to hassle, which is what Chelsea did so well. Demichellis - well what can I say. Had we had our shooting boots on then yes the result might of been different but it wasn't. Chelsea were the better team and fully deserved to win. Hazard was MOTM. This has to be a wake up call for MP, he cannot continue the 4-4-2 for much longer surely. But, I still think we'll win the title. Champions League? Not a chance on that showing - Neymar & Messi will be licking their lips. Very disappointed, but hey we can't win every game, nobody does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.