City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

zola said:
Blue Tooth said:
zola said:
So how was that bus for you ?

The arrogance from the majority pre game was astounding !! Lots of "we're going to win 4 and 5-0's" " Jose is going
to be taught a lesson by Pelligrini, "we are the best team in the World we'll smash them"

I suggested a bit of humility and less arrogance wouldn't go a miss and just got abuse....well reading through the thread it appears some (suspect not many of the arrogant ones) have now got that humility.

As for the comparative managers, ironic that after the abuse hurled at Jose on here it was Pelligrinis post match interview that was classless and reaked of bitterness. Talk of "luck" "missing players" (fernandinho, nasri and aguerro all played at the Bridge) "money spent" tut tut I'm guessing there will much disgust on here about his lack of class.

That all said I still think you'll probably win the league but we'll give you a run for your money.

Yes all 3 players did play at the Bridge and despite the loss from a goalkeeping/defensive fuck up we were the better side over the 90 mins. You were last night. Your post here is just 'all about me' and not really opening up a discussion. If only we'd all listened to you oh wise one and showed a little more humility. Fuck right off.

Don't agree you were the better side at the Bridge the game was heading for the correct result on balance of play until your defensive lapse.

The point is confidence is good but it went way past that on here and just because I called you on it I got abuse. Not that it bothers me I just find the hypocrisy amusing.....not many commenting on Pelligrinis post match classless and bitter interview I note.

Contradicting yourself there fella. You make a point that you beat us with our best team (no Kompany though) then admit it should have been a draw. Make your mind up. You got called by a few. Plenty said nowt. Coming back to say I told you so will get you more shit. Sure that won't bother you one bit though. Enjoy the 3 points and pray you can raise your game against the smaller teams who like taking points off you.

Re: We had to Lose Sometime

The_Mo said:
Marvin said:
Telford_Blue_Hixxy said:
Well deserved Chelsea, hopefully we'll exact revenge on the 15th!
Yes, but they really didn't play that well. They just sat deep and watched us fall apart in front of them
Chelsea were amazing.

I really didn't think they were at all.

They defended our rather predictable attacking moves very well. What do you expect when we fire long balls and crosses at Terry and Cahill, who have conceded one goal in 6 games?

Going forward, they were nothing special at all. We just sat and watched like rabbits in headlights half the time. That we dominated possession and had more chances with Yaya and MDM in midfield speaks volumes as well.

Yes, our injuries have been unfortunate, but the more I think on it, it was just a total fuck up last night. We got the tactics all wrong. Mentally we looked very fragile and basically bottled it and too many players had an off day. I don't want to single one person out, so here's a few:

1. Pellegrini. What on earth was he thinking of not using 2 subs. Why on earth did he not bring Rodwell and Milner on and push Yaya forward to perhaps 10-15 minutes to go, for Yaya to get a free kick outside the box, or score himself perhaps? Idiotic, imho. I think he just lost the plot completely.

2. Kompany. Too much adrenaline maybe? Don't know. Mr Cool was decidedly uncool, yelling at Nastasic (for an incident that wasn't his fault), marauding up the pitch wrecklessly leaving Nasty on his own at the back, giving stupid free kick away outside our box. One of his worst performances.

3. Zabaletta. Skinned how often? Mis-timed challenges, bugger all offensively. One of his worst performances as well.

4. Negredo. Never seen him play that badly. In fact, didn't see him play. Missed a half chance on Czec's nearly post early on and then disappeared.

5. Dzeko. Brilliant on his day. Utter gash on rather more days. Today was one of the latter and I am fast losing patience with him. We cannot carry strikers who only taking 1 in 10 chances and who are ineffectual for most of the time.

I could go on. And on.

I thought Yaya stood out like a man amongst boys in our team. Not a perfect performance, but quality passes, shrugging off challenges all over the park, clever moves and runs with the ball. He looked like he belonged in a title winning team. Unfortunately not many of his team mates did.

Still, only 3 points gone and we pick ourselves up and carry on. We have now lost 5 games however. I don't think we can afford any more defeats at all going forward. It's going to be very tough now. A bloody point against Chelsea would have been a 3 point difference (+1 for us, -2 for them) and might prove very very costly indeed come the end.

zola said:

The arrogance from the majority pre game was astounding !! Lots of "we're going to win 4 and 5-0's" " Jose is going
to be taught a lesson by Pelligrini, "we are the best team in the World we'll smash them"

I suggested a bit of humility and less arrogance wouldn't go a miss and just got abuse....well reading through the thread it appears some (suspect not many of the arrogant ones) have now got that humility.

As for the comparative managers, ironic that after the abuse hurled at Jose on here it was Pelligrinis post match interview that was classless and reaked of bitterness. Talk of "luck" "missing players" (fernandinho, nasri and aguerro all played at the Bridge) "money spent" tut tut I'm guessing there will much disgust on here about his lack of class.

That all said I still think you'll probably win the league but we'll give you a run for your money.
The abuse hurled at Jose was because of his misinformed outburst about FFP and that still stands until he makes a retraction.

As for arrogance you should have been on my tram to the Etihad which had a large number of foul mouthed Chelsea fans who completely ignored the fact that women and children were present and were also banging on the windows and sides so hard they must have done some damage they were horrible.

I think that even you must admit that the vast majority of us City fans are very fair minded and thought you played excellently last night and deserved your win, you wouldn't get the Scums supporters being as gracious.

Having completed my post-mortem on last night's game (broadsheets' analysis, 5 Live comments, highlights - NOT tabloids or Talksport) it is evident that there is far less to worry about than the media would like us to.

In the scheme of our performances this season, last night's result can be bracketed in the 'one-off' category. It is only the second time that we haven't scored this season in a game; it is the first time that we haven't scored at home; it is the first loss in the Premier League at home this season. Yes, Chelsea fulfilled a means in which to beat City and they were deserving of their win. But very few teams are capable of that. The highlights show us that we were not bereft of chances created - we were just less clinical than usual. Moreover, the pressure that Chelsea applied created an unusual nervousness in those who are usually confident ball players. For the first time ever, I saw Yaya bullied off the ball.

But let's have some context here. We had three KEY players missing in Aguero, Fernandinho, and Nasri. Yes, all teams suffer injuries but these three have been instrumental in delivering the style of play that Pellegrini is implementing. Remove them and we are bound to stutter a little. We were creating chances, albeit not with the usual fluency. If we had not created shooting opportunities I would have been far more concerned.

In the final analysis my only concerns are these:

1. Pellegrini needs to find an alternative way to play when we meet teams like Chelsea and Bayern. Five in midfield would have been option last night with one up front. This would allow Yaya, who puts the fear of God into defenders when he attacks from deep postions, to move forward to support the lone striker. We were suffocated in midfield and struggled with the counter attacks. If Pellegrini can engineer this option, even when it contradicts his philosophy of football, it gives us a insurance plan.

2. We have worrying number of muscle injuries at the moment that are keeping players out for 2-3 weeks at a time. Whilst Pellgrini has played a blinder in rotating and keeping everyone happy, I would like to see a more settled first 11 as we hit the business end of the season. It looks like the next three weeks will see a continuing absence of Aguero, Nasri, Fernandinho, and Negredo and Milner on only 85%.

However, the above is nothing to panic about. Last night was just one game that we will not be thinking about come May if we lift the title.

The Premiership is the only thing that I have prioritised this season. Now we are in the Capital One Final, I want to win it. Now we face Chelsea in the FA Cup 5th round, I want to beat them. I would like to get past Barcelona in the CL - but it would be a bonus only.

Forget the quadruple talk (just another stick for the media to beat us with). Give me the title.

zola said:
Scareye said:
zola said:

And with a post like that after a sore defeat on another teams forum you will get abused again.
Just fuck off back under your rock you giant ****!!

Haha thanks that just makes it sweeter.

I don't think you would have got so much abuse had your **** of a manager not spent the whole week doing his utmost to wind everyone up. He left no stone unturned in his efforts to psych out the officials, the press, our manager, players. Genius or total and utter cock?

You beat us in the pre-match build up, not on the pitch. On the pitch we just handed over the points. Well done.

zola said:

Did you really expect any different? Isn't the pre-match thread of any team on a winning streak full of wild predictions?

Still, good to see you're still maintaining your dignity and showing you're class zola.

This is why pellegrini is not a top top manager for me. Did he not learn from the Bayern game that playing 2 up front is ridiculous against these teams. I bet Mourinho was laughing when he saw the line up. The only reason we do well with 4-4-2 against the easier teams is because fernandinho doesn't stop running. And how thick in the skull can you be not to change it at half time. I'd of had the beast up on his own with yaya milner/demichelis and rodwell in cm then I'm sure we would have won this game. Now it seems we have a lot of injury's with some big games coming up. Lets hope he learns from this one which doesn't seem to be the case in his post match interview....

Stop Yaya turning and running with the ball - City lose.

Stop Zabaleta on the overlap - City lose.

Stop Kolarov on the overlap - City lose.

Fernandinho not playing - City lose.

Aguero and Nasri not playing - again, good chance City will lose against that calibre of opponent.

Our lack of squad depth in key areas was ruthlessly exposed and we played without intelligence and chased the game far too quickly.

Time for an extra man in the middle while we get some of our big game players back?

We were done by Mourinho's classic 4-3-3 which is no big secret but we failed to match them especially for work rate (that's why he sold Mata), we didn't work their keeper once in the first half and not much more in the second, for the amount of chances we had. A bad day at the office as they say with some average performances from several players. Hopefully we'll put it right in the Cup next weekend.

AliWaheed said:
Oh well. Every now and then I guess we will have an off day. Just wish it wasnt against the chavs. Would have loved to shut the special chav up.

We have, over the decades, become more familar with more nights like last night than perhaps anyone bar Halifax Town FC! Like most City fans I spent the time descending the spiral analysing the game, and then consigned it to the Pellers never beats The Sardine file. I don't mind for the CFC fans, and I said at the start of the season that whoever gets above CFC at the end wins the title. It chokes me that the smug arrogant wannabe Rag, Mourinho, snaffles all three points with just the one goal, and more ammunition for his insufferable ego!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.