City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

Not trawled through all 66 pages, but for me the most important thing to come out of last night is that we learn something from the defeat. Yes we were missing some very influential players and my heart sank a little when the two teams were announced prior to kick off, but we need to learn how to play against teams who set up and play the way Chelsea did last night. No doubt last night will become the blueprint for visiting teams, fortunately not many will possess the quality of players Chelsea do, but I'm sure most will try and play that style.
Firstly, for me, get Lescott back with Vinny as the regular centre back pairing. I can't understand why, first Mancini, and now Pellergrini want to break up the partnership that helped us to the league title. Secondly, if we're going to play Kolorov, and apart from him being unable to head the ball or defend, I can see why we play him, it's no use playing the ball out to him on the left and him having no left sided support. To often, especially when Aguero isn't playing, he is left stranded with no option but to play the ball backwards and inside because there is no outlet upfield and he cannot go past the defender and cross the ball. He can, like Beckham, at times, deliver a dangerous ball in. For last nights game it was a surprise that MDM was selected over Milner given the style of the opposition.
On a more positive note, we're still in an excellent position with lots to play for and lots to look forward to and, as an understandably giddy Chelsea fan said to me last night, " the team that finishes above City will win the title". So, just got to make sure no one finishes above us then!

pavelsrnicek said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
waspish said:
Can you honestly think Pellegrini will play an extra man in midfield?! He payed 2 up top last night with a half injured Negrado!! Utter utter madness

Well he did at Stamford Bridge and there was nothing wrong with that thinking.

We were at home and right to play two up top and there would have been plenty of groaning if Negredo had been left out again.

Rodwell and Milner would have been more exposed than Demichelis, as they simply don't have the technique and aren't properly fit, either.

We can all be wise after the event but I agree the time has come for Pellegrini to choose his battles a little more wisely with the personnel at his current disposal.
We saved £12m apparently by not signing Fernando but how much will it cost us not having an extra midfielder? Chelsea spent £21m on Matic and he made a huge difference to them yesterday.

For all Mourinho's BS on City and FFP, Chelsea still splash the cash when they need to and don't mess around on agents' fees, i.e. Hazard.

We seem to have walked away from a few deals but they seem to be more costly in the long run.

FFP is really biting now, I am sure. We have to look like we are taking it seriously and there's only so far we can push it without risking sanctions of some kind (although I think elimination from the CL would be unlikely). But we already are still losing too much money and paying over the odds to sign whoever we like is just not possible.

90smanJ said:
Great game guys.

Thought we thoroughly deserved the win personally. Excellent defending and pressing high up the pitch with the right type of aggression. Matic and Toure was a great midfield battle. It's a shame Aguero and Fernandinho weren't fit. The game would of been better with them on the pitch.

I still make you favourites for the league. I don't think this result will determine much other than a wake up call for you lot. Onwards and upwards for both of us.

Cheers lads. Hope you smash Barca.

Think you surprised a lot of us last night. We weren't at our best , but that's partly down to Chelsea's
harrying and pressure. Thought you played better than at Stamford Bridge. As for Aguero et al being
injured, well they're a big miss but that's football and why everyone has a squad. I too thought you
deserved the win.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
90smanJ said:
Great game guys.

Thought we thoroughly deserved the win personally. Excellent defending and pressing high up the pitch with the right type of aggression. Matic and Toure was a great midfield battle. It's a shame Aguero and Fernandinho weren't fit. The game would of been better with them on the pitch.

I still make you favourites for the league. I don't think this result will determine much other than a wake up call for you lot. Onwards and upwards for both of us.

Think you surprised a lot of us last night. We weren't at our best , but that's partly down to Chelsea's
harrying and pressure. Thought you played better than at Stamford Bridge. As for Aguero et al being
injured, well they're a big miss but that's football and why everyone has a squad. I too thought you
deserved the win.

My thoughts exactly,our so called strength in depth was tested again last night and failed.We need to get rid of the sicknotes in the summer who put too much pressure on the top men.

One bright point of the evening was Jovetic,looked like he might get us back in it with his movement.

I might add, although its a cliché, the next game is absolutely vital.

I noticed John Terry full on board with his master's mind games suggesting they have shown the way to other teams that we are beatable. (Funny how some people are so keen to comment on other teams and not their own.)

But our next game we will likely still be without Fernandino and Nasri and Aguero (plus whatever other injuries we may have picked up yesterday). Can we bounce back, or are we going to revert to Cardiff away, Sunderland away, Villa away?

Not meaning to be overly dramatic but anything other than a win on Saturday and the title is lost.

big kick up the arss we needed and nobody is going to give us anything easy
in a way it was better getting this now and its not hurt us that much in the way things stand in the league

we played a Chelsea team with jose at there best and I think the mind games did get to us but we still had the chances to score and win the game and if we scored first we would have won

we missed our big players and Ageuro Fernandinho Samir Nasri is a big part of the team to lose in a big game you need player who are going to hurt them

we have a run of league games now that we should win and they are key to winning the league with the others playing each other
Norwich City A Sunderland H Stoke H Aston Villa H Hull City A Fulham H
4 home 2 away I would take that run and put 18 points on the board and lets see what the rest can do

Tbilisi said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
90smanJ said:
Great game guys.

deserved the win.

My thoughts exactly,our so called strength in depth was tested again last night and failed.We need to get rid of the sicknotes in the summer who put too much pressure on the top men.

One bright point of the evening was Jovetic,looked like he might get us back in it with his movement.

Have been impressed with his last 2 cameos. Hopefully we can start to get full game time with him.

It saddens me to say it but last night David Silva was the luxury we couldn't afford

it also highlighted why Maureen was happy to sell mata to the rags In these sort of games the full team has to work flat out for 90 mins and all forward players need to track back

Silva also missed our two best chances and without the work load of Ferndinho that was enough to ensure Chelsea took all the points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.