City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

The Black Shed said:
It was Bayern all over again. Almost a carbon copy of that game. Even after 15 mins I could see our midfield being a problem. In the Bayern game MP at least dropped Silva into midfield to make a 5, when 0-3 down and the game did change, but too late for us. Last night he should have pulled Dzeko/Negredo and put in Milner. Some of the passing from deep was poor, telegraphed and some potential "hospital passes" also served up. Dzeko and Kolarov in particular did not track back enough and showed no zest or energy to hassle, which is what Chelsea did so well. Demichellis - well what can I say. Had we had our shooting boots on then yes the result might of been different but it wasn't. Chelsea were the better team and fully deserved to win. Hazard was MOTM. This has to be a wake up call for MP, he cannot continue the 4-4-2 for much longer surely. But, I still think we'll win the title. Champions League? Not a chance on that showing - Neymar & Messi will be licking their lips. Very disappointed, but hey we can't win every game, nobody does.

Cardon copy of Munich game ? anyone got the benny hill clip to show this fella ?

ancoats said:
big kick up the arss we needed and nobody is going to give us anything easy
in a way it was better getting this now and its not hurt us that much in the way things stand in the league

we played a Chelsea team with jose at there best and I think the mind games did get to us but we still had the chances to score and win the game and if we scored first we would have won

we missed our big players and Ageuro Fernandinho Samir Nasri is a big part of the team to lose in a big game you need player who are going to hurt them

we have a run of league games now that we should win and they are key to winning the league with the others playing each other
Norwich City A Sunderland H Stoke H Aston Villa H Hull City A Fulham H
4 home 2 away I would take that run and put 18 points on the board and lets see what the rest can do

I think your right, if we can take 18 points from those 6 games, get Aguero, Nasri and Fern back then i think we will win the league. Teams can try and do what Chelsea did against us, but in all fairness to those teams they have nowhere near the players that Chelsea do. Id even say that the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool dont have the players to do what Chelsea did last night.

Got outplayed. Chelsea defended, pressed, attacked with total conviction. Three City players out of course, but even so there were still a few areas we should have performed better in:

negs:

- mainly, the fact that we panicked. After dominating at the start with steady build up play, it all got a bit manic once we went behind. Not just in defence, but in attack. I felt as if it was the 93rd minute from about the half hour mark: hoofing the ball forwards instead of a steady buildup. Disappointing lack of composure.

- midfield selection: I like Demichelis, and I'm not sure whether Milner would have been a better selection, but he seriously limited our distribution, and his lack of mobility meant that Yaya was on his own against two or three Chelsea players too often. This may also have been a factor in the long ball approach...

- forwards off form: the Beast didn't feature, Dzeko's finishing was off.

pos:

- Jovetic looked really good. He moves so well, can't wait to see him paired with Aguero.

- Yaya was pretty immense, even though he was so heavily outnumbered. Thought he did a great job.

Chelsea have beat us twice and are still behind us. ...
1 defeat in 21 games doesn't even seem worth mentioning. ..
Have chelsea come off the pitch yet or are they all still out there celebrating?
We can go on another unbeaten run for 20 games......
No worries from this blue what so ever. ....
We'll be top by 4 pts in a few weeks, no sweat.

willipp said:
ancoats said:
big kick up the arss we needed and nobody is going to give us anything easy
in a way it was better getting this now and its not hurt us that much in the way things stand in the league

we played a Chelsea team with jose at there best and I think the mind games did get to us but we still had the chances to score and win the game and if we scored first we would have won

we missed our big players and Ageuro Fernandinho Samir Nasri is a big part of the team to lose in a big game you need player who are going to hurt them

we have a run of league games now that we should win and they are key to winning the league with the others playing each other
Norwich City A Sunderland H Stoke H Aston Villa H Hull City A Fulham H
4 home 2 away I would take that run and put 18 points on the board and lets see what the rest can do

I think your right, if we can take 18 points from those 6 games, get Aguero, Nasri and Fern back then i think we will win the league. Teams can try and do what Chelsea did against us, but in all fairness to those teams they have nowhere near the players that Chelsea do. Id even say that the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool dont have the players to do what Chelsea did last night.

I think its nailed on if we get 18 points from the next 6 games and have all three back fit and firing the title is ours.

Getting 18 points from our next 6 games is a big if IMO without those players though.

I think that its all been said in the thread, but there have been a few hysterical posts.

Chelsea got their game plan right, they throttled the midfield and nullified Silva by man-marking in the first half. Our tactics were Ok with the players we had available, but I would have preferred in hindsight to play 5 in midfield (The Beast was not fit) with Kolarov left mid and Silva behind Edin. Having said that if we had taken the early chances, especially David's then it could have been different.

We missed Ferdy last night and with Milner I assume coming back from injury we had no choice other than to play DM in the midfield. DM was OK and put some tackles in but his positional play in mid was not great and also slowed us down too much allowing Chelsea to keep their shape. Garcia could have improved us but he is another injury such as Rodwell was. I also think we really missed Nasri last night to help take the creative burden off David. We are stretched at the moment, but I am not one to say we should have bought this player... why did we not strengthen etc... We are where we are and most on here were happy if we did not do any business in January, that is until the reports came out that we were after the 2 porto players. Hindsight is a great thing.

So going back to Chelsea, Hazzard looked immense and there midfield 2 were excellent. They could win this league, so Norwich is now a bigger game for us as we need 3 points.

I am proud of the lads from last night, we are very stretched in midfield yet we still created chances and could of on another night got a point. So lets not be knee jerking in our reactions and reflect on the positives and support the team.

PS the crowd were silent on the whole, that needs to change!

I've heard it all now. Nastasic moved into midfield when we have Milner and Rodwell on the bench? Yeah really good use of our resources that.

bluemc1 said:
The Black Shed said:
It was Bayern all over again. Almost a carbon copy of that game. Even after 15 mins I could see our midfield being a problem. In the Bayern game MP at least dropped Silva into midfield to make a 5, when 0-3 down and the game did change, but too late for us. Last night he should have pulled Dzeko/Negredo and put in Milner. Some of the passing from deep was poor, telegraphed and some potential "hospital passes" also served up. Dzeko and Kolarov in particular did not track back enough and showed no zest or energy to hassle, which is what Chelsea did so well. Demichellis - well what can I say. Had we had our shooting boots on then yes the result might of been different but it wasn't. Chelsea were the better team and fully deserved to win. Hazard was MOTM. This has to be a wake up call for MP, he cannot continue the 4-4-2 for much longer surely. But, I still think we'll win the title. Champions League? Not a chance on that showing - Neymar & Messi will be licking their lips. Very disappointed, but hey we can't win every game, nobody does.

Cardon copy of Munich game ? anyone got the benny hill clip to show this fella ?

I meant the Bayern game at home - we got spanked. Unless I'm missing something?

manimanc said:
Chelsea have beat us twice and are still behind us. ...
1 defeat in 21 games doesn't even seem worth mentioning. ..
Have chelsea come off the pitch yet or are they all still out there celebrating?
We can go on another unbeaten run for 20 games......
No worries from this blue what so ever. ....
We'll be top by 4 pts in a few weeks, no sweat.

Like your positive attitude, but with Aguero, Nasri and probably Fernandinho out for the next 3-4 weeks, I find it hard to see how we can beat Chelsea again in the FA-cup, and Barcelona in the CL. Let alone we don't drop any pionts in the league when we visit Norwich (tricky) and host Sunderland (who are on a strong run). Yet if we beat Norwich and Arsenal drop points at the dippers, we are top again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.