City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

I wouldn't worry about them hitting the post, one was from a long distance shot and another from a corner, it would worry me more if we were opened up and then they hit the post. Yes they did open us up a couple of times and should have scored 1 or 2 more but Silva missed two sitters last night himself. What worries me more is our poor corners, they're always shit and we can never get our head one one!

I was sat high in the gods last night and from that view it semed everywhere on pitch they had an extra man.................it was like we was down to 10, another thing i noticed was that on at least 6 occasions (maybe more) off cechs kicks kolarov just jumped under the ball (can you mis judge it that many times or is he happy to let it go over him) or flicked it out for their throw or back to their place, the amount of headers we lost last nite was shocking, their 4 against 1 came off mdm losing a 50/50 header against ramires ffs..............also anyone think toure could have done better with the goal??? a slide may have prevented it..................poor night, its gonna happen, we need to move on!!!

haydockboy said:
I was sat high in the gods last night and from that view it semed everywhere on pitch they had an extra man.................it was like we was down to 10, another thing i noticed was that on at least 6 occasions (maybe more) off cechs kicks kolarov just jumped under the ball (can you mis judge it that many times or is he happy to let it go over him) or flicked it out for their throw or back to their place, the amount of headers we lost last nite was shocking, their 4 against 1 came off mdm losing a 50/50 header against ramires ffs..............also anyone think toure could have done better with the goal??? a slide may have prevented it..................poor night, its gonna happen, we need to move on!!!
Regarding Kolarov from Cech's kicks, i just think it was because Ivanovic is a very clever player. He knows how to position himself to make it difficult for Kolarov to head it how he wants to. They clearly work on that, since they went for that kick every time. On the other hand, we regularly had Hart smashing long balls to Navas...

Beaten by a better team on the night.

No complaints from me.

Move on and dont dwindle on it.

Chelsea played well-Fair do's. Not an excuse but take Aguero,Fernandinho,Nasri out oif any team and it becomes a lot harder.

Navas,Zabba and Hart did well. The rest-not up to it last night

Very disjointed

Tricky_Trev said:
haydockboy said:
Regarding Kolarov from Cech's kicks, i just think it was because Ivanovic is a very clever player. He knows how to position himself to make it difficult for Kolarov to head it how he wants to. They clearly work on that, since they went for that kick every time. On the other hand, we regularly had Hart smashing long balls to Navas...
Ivanovic is beast Kolarov had little chance tbf.

There sometimes comes a time when you have to say fair play we were outplayed, i'm still a bit shocked that our usually assured back 4 was completely overrun by Willian and Hazard it's really not fair to single out individual players for criticism because as a team we weren't at the races last night,too many players had a poor night squandering possession time after time.If you're tracking back and closing people down it's not such a problem but last night Chelsea just poured through midfield as if they weren't there and swamped our defence we've got lazy and been ignoring our defensive duties for a few games and got away with it WE'VE JUST WITNESSED HOW A GOOD SIDE WILL PUNISH YOU.I'm a realist I knew it had to end sometime, we need to learn from it and re assess who's up to the job and who isn't, it may be the kick up the arse we needed to get rid of any complacency that's crept in over the last 3 months.

We played with players that had the capability to win the match, although we were wasteful with the ball, and second to every loose ball. Playing a top side you need your passing, ball retention and work-rate to be spot on. The first 20 minutes showed that there was no big problem tactically, but we dropped off the pace soon after. We particularly seemed to drop a gear after their goal.

It wasn’t happening for us last night, and I don’t think a 5 man midfield or extra substitution would have improved this. The whole team needed to be at the top of their game, not just two or three players. As long as it was 0-1 there was still a chance we could have scored an equaliser and I guess Pellers didn’t want to risk falling further behind, hence not making a further substitution.

Losing Fernandinho was a huge blow, and I felt that MDM did all he could. We couldn’t have expected a like-for-like replacement. Although our play was well below par, we still created chances and had these chances been converted the post match forum drama would have been a lot different. Chavski hitting the post proves nothing more than missed chances. They showed more urgency, closed our men down quickly, passed better and defended well.

Nonetheless, we are still the same team as we were before this defeat. We don’t suddenly jump from being the best team in the league when we win matches, to being the worst when we lose a match. Nor do Chavski suddenly become world-beaters because they won at the Etihad. Let’s keep things in perspective and hope our injury situation resolves itself soon.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Beaten by a better team on the night.

No complaints from me.

Move on and dont dwindle on it.

Chelsea played well-Fair do's. Not an excuse but take Aguero,Fernandinho,Nasri out oif any team and it becomes a lot harder.

Navas,Zabba and Hart did well. The rest-not up to it last night

Very disjointed

absolutely agreed...if we had just taken those chances with toure on the kolorov cross and silva in those 15 min it would have very different

but its all in hindsight. Move on to the next game now !

Jeez, just watching extended highlights on OS, and Chelsea created good chances and hit the post/bar three times but we definitely created plenty ourselves. Not that bad when you consider we were without three of our best players.

NoahCity said:
Jeez, just watching extended highlights on OS, and Chelsea created good chances and hit the post/bar three times but we definitely created plenty ourselves. Not that bad when you consider we were without three of our best players.
With our full team we would have won last night that's why I'm not too down about yesterdays result. Media can carry on wanking over Mourinho and his team but hopefully we'll have the last laugh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.