City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

Marvin said:
Classic case of City playing the occasion and not the game.

We started off on fire, missed some good chances and were rocked on our heels when Ivanovic scored and from that point on our game went to pieces

I thought we had the game's outstanding player in Navas, and Yaya played well, but not many other City players played well.

I don't know why our game went to pieces. I guess they couldn't handle the pressure. It was so easy to get the ball out wide to Navas and he was putting in a stream of quality balls. We should have just kept on and on at that.

Of course we missed our best players, but having started the game so well, why couldn't we maintain it

Chelsea deserved to win, but I didn't think they were that great. We just crumbled

Pellegrini got it wrong .....

Our last league defeat came when Fernandinho was injured and the opposition full back scored a wonder goal. We're going to need a new game plan until Fernandinho comes back.

Sunny Coast Blue said:
What do we think of Nastasic performance of late, I would of preferred the aerial ability of MD to attack the ball rather than a player who keeps flattering to deceive.
JM in the middle and yaya advanced would of won this game.

Nastatic should have been sent off. He tackles like a girl...

strongbowholic said:
Jose and Chelsea executed their game plan to perfection. No complaints at all about the result and they could have won by more. Luiz surprisingly had a very good game and Ramires was exceptional.

Oh well, first defeat at home; draw a line under it and move on.

This

Chippy_boy said:
Hihosilva said:
Claytop said:
Pellegrini? ;)

Moron-inho had a full squad to choose from tonight but Pellegrini was restricted with his squad. If we had Aguero, Nasri, Fernandinho I think it would have been a different result.

Honestly, I am not sure it would.

We were fully worth of a point in the Stamford Bridge fixture and tonight without our best midfielder and striker.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Chelsea were excellent.

We were average.

Dzeko and Negredo were shite.

Chelsea were excellent Dzeko, Negredo, Silva, Zab, De Michaelis, Nevas and Yaya were shite!!

Utter bollocks. Navas (not Nevas) and Yaya were not shite....

TrueBlue1705 said:
Proelia said:
People think milners a great cm now? Theres a reason RM,MP and woy dont play him there

Milner can run - MDM can't - Milner would have done a job today - Pellegrini was over-confident thinking we could continue with the same strategy without fernandinho. For a manager of his experience he was way off the mark today same as the Bayern at home game - his stubbornness and insistance on stickingto his philosophy no matter what is his weakness.... Its was fodder for Mourinho today we played right into his hands ....
Milner would not have single-handedly changed that game. The whole team had a bad day.

they desreved their win and JM got his game plan spot on

live and learn

game on

Proelia said:
People think milners a great cm now? Theres a reason RM,MP and woy dont play him there

RM would definitely had started him today ahead of Negredo or Dzeko. We had the 3 pts advantage and didn't need to risk it..

We should have lined up like this :

Demichelis Yaya
Navas Silva Milner
Jovetic

We concede because of Silva not following Ivanovic run. Milner never does such a mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.