City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

I dont understand why every1 is giving Demichilis the sh**, yes he did have a crappy game and the reason is that he was not playing in his normal position.

TGR said:
We were out thought, out fought and out played all over the pitch last night.
Chelsea were the better side on the night.
It's not the end of the world.
We move on.

^^ this, every player lost their own personal battle last night,injuries cost us dear,Nastasic is not the same player this season and Chelsea deserved to win, disappointed but expect a reaction on Saturday.

TGR said:
We move on.

Just reading a few of your posts and it does seem you and a couple of others are quite happy that we lost, of course it would have nothing to do with your obsessional devotion to the last manager would it? Perish the thought that some one on here would throw out all objectivity in a vain attempt to be proven right, your so transparent

Fair play to Chelsea, they played really well, but that was only because they were playing against a half weakened City side.
Silva, Yaya, Vinny, Navas all played very well, unlucky not to finish our chances.

I'm no expert, but from my understanding of the game,
We were clearly lacking a player in the midfield. MDM did a decent job but his performance was never going to be as good as Dinho
The strikers had an off day and there could have been more changes made to improve the performance in the second half.
It was a tough job for any defender today with Harzard and Willian running at them on the counter, can't blame Nastasic for having a bad day. Also, Zaba was committing forward way more than that was necessary, which is why Hazard looked more dangerous.

Some things that we need to improve on,
Hart takes way too much time on the ball, wastes few seconds looking for a short pass, then pushes the defenders forward, sends a long ball. We had two tall strikers in, we should have been sending more long balls, and quicker. The Chelsea defenders always had time to get into shape.
Our threat from corners have faded. Used to follow a plan earlier, attack the near post, etc, but now its just put the ball in and hope for the best.

Positives we should take from this game,
This game comes as a reality check. Any smugness will be removed and players will be more focused. We had a staggering start to the season, and the away win at Bayern gave us huge confidence to go on an unbeaten run. I would hope that this loss would work the same way.
Jovetic looked classy the time he was on the ground. Going to be an awesome player for us.

Ducado said:
TGR said:
We move on.

Just reading a few of your posts and it does seem you and a couple of others are quite happy that we lost, of course it would have nothing to do with your obsessional devotion to the last manager would it? Perish the thought that some one on here would throw out all objectivity in a vain attempt to be proven right, your so transparent

What tru blue would be happy with last night?

I am not happy about it but I would like to think not having Kun , Ferny and, Nasri in the starting lineup , starting with a less than half fit Negredo and not having Garcia , Milner , Lescott and Richards to draw on and being light on for speed and stamina in DM might have contributed a little to outcome.

Unfortunately injuries are catching up with us at present or at least did last night and that's something that we have to address both short term and long term otherwise we won't be as effective as we can be.

mancity111 said:
Ducado said:
TGR said:
We move on.

What tru blue would be happy with last night?

I am not happy about it but I would like to think not having Kun , Ferny and, Nasri in the starting lineup , starting with a less than half fit Negredo and not having Garcia , Milner , Lescott and Richards to draw on and being light on for speed and stamina in DM might have contributed a little to outcome.

Unfortunately injuries are catching up with us at present or at least did last night and that's something that we have to address both short term and long term otherwise we won't be as effective as we can be.

I think fenan was the only reason we lost IMO. he does the work of 2 footballers in the middle. and imo should already be winning player of the season.

You can't replace Aguero with the same class. Nasri has been in very good form and therefore hard to replace. Fernandinho is the one who makes the midfield going and protecting the defence. He has transformed himself to a player that is also very close to non-replaceble. The three out together would be to much for every team. Losing Fernandinho was vital and it seemed to show on the other players.

Should Pellegrini have changed tactics? Well, he very rarely does. He wants to perfect the style his team plays to the moment within this system they can challenge anybody or any style. It's what Barcelona have been doing over the past 6 years. As it was last night we were tactically outmanoeuvred by Mourinho. In my opinion the absence of Aguero, Fernandinho and Nasri was more important than Pellegrini not switching to another system.
I can understand Pellegrini starting Demichelis as a DM. It's his experience that is rated. Milner nor Rodwell have the tactical nouse to play in that position against Chelsea. They can outran anybody, but I'm sure with one of these two instead of Demichelis in that position would not have made trhings better. It would only allow Demichelis to play next to Kompany in defence, as this season it's clear Nastasic has a big problem with the style we play. He needs to adept and learn, but it's one of the reasons Pellegrini is interested in Mangala.

Demichelis did make some mistakes, but so did at least 9 other players. I don't think last night was about blaming anyone. What I thought was dissapointed is the fact we were not only outplayed tactically, we also were outplayed man to man and in the end Chelsea completely deserved their victory, hitting the woodwork 3 times and keeping a blanc sheet. An impressive achievement, so credit to them. Pity side of it is the "old top 4' big mouthing will be around for the next few days. I just need to skip the sportpages than.

We were never unbeatable, not even at the Etihad. The hype surrounding our team and club got a bit out of hand lately, so I like to think it's probably a "good" thing we had a downer. You need to have these to come out stronger. We will have to deal with the fact we are without so many players, but I like to believe the players will have learned a lot from last night. We move on.

The big worry for me is the large number of muscle injuries the players are picking up.

We can win the PL but it will be very difficult with half a squad<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:16 am --<br /><br />Why.do people keep talking about Milner. Yes he was on the bench but not fully fit.

The squad was down to 'bare bones' last night. Pellers had few options of doing anything different

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.