City v Chelsea post match

Slag off our defence but if I'd've been a Chelsea fan coming to our place with Luiz and Cahill at the back, I would have been worried. But for a bad ref decision, my concerns would've been completely justified for both players (though got to give Luiz some credit - he defended well at times). I think we play a risky game that the defense/midfield are still getting to grips with and we lack pace - which is really handy when you're taking risks (ask any scouser).

Slag off our defence but if I'd've been a Chelsea fan coming to our place with Luiz and Cahill at the back, I would have been worried. But for a bad ref decision, my concerns would've been completely justified for both players (though got to give Luiz some credit - he defended well at times). I think we play a risky game that the defense/midfield are still getting to grips with and we lack pace - which is really handy when you're taking risks (ask any scouser).

Agree and hahahaha.

We didn't put our chances away and ended up getting caught on the break. All of their (3) chances came from balls over the top at exactly the right time; when our defenders were pressing. By the time the engaged their brains and realised the danger the attacker already has a couple of yards on them and couldn't be caught.
We all see things happening from the stands and on TV, yet when on the pitch you are either following your man or tracking the ball. It's hard to pick the flight of the ball when you don't see the pass and it comes through a crowd of legs, or drops down from the sky obscured by floodlights.

Too many people berating players for being shite, but not many speak out when the likes of Kolarov, Otamendi, Stones and Bravo have a good game. Yes, you may say that isn't very often, but think back to the start of the season, and there weren't many nay sayers then.

Pep hasn't turned into a bad manager. I'm sure he'll work it out. He just needs time. I was there when we were shit and we are a million miles away from that now. Anyone can win the Prem. There are no easy games. Chelsea are well drilled, and perfectly capable of doing the sly stuff.

I've had a look at the Side Show Bob tackle that got Aguero sent off in the cold light of day. IMO, Aguero was looking directly at the ball and in full flight. SSB came in on the blind side and kicked the ball just as Sergio was going to wrap his laces through it. It's only the fact that he was half a yard faster than Aguero (for once) that he got a kick, and it f***ing serves him right for coming in on the blind side. I dunno; maybe he played for the foul, and got more than he bargained for. None of that would have happened if the ref hadn't bottled it in the first half. But we have to play the hand we are dealt.

Maybe Sergio will come back from his ban fitter, faster, stronger and with more determination to put the ball in the net. And at least it gives Ferna a chance to have a rest. He's been our most consistent player, but could do with a couple of weeks out to recharge the batteries.

Think the difference is there defenders got better cover plus they very rarely get isolated.
Exactly. Conte and Pep have completely different philosophies. Conte builds from the back, giving his defence a platform to function is his priority. I suspect conte would be able to knock our defenders into shape and I am certain that Cahill and Luiz would look fairly shambolic in our system. People on here predicted that supporters who particularly had a problem with Pellegrini would have similar issues with Pep. Looks like they may have had a point.

We have a weak defence, but we now also have a weak keeper - teams are going to feel likely to score on every counter if they can skip past the last men. I would have bet money on JH to save their 2nd and 3rd, or at least make an effort to, and he would have seen the dangers seconds earlier than Bravo. Every pass back and pass out across goal fills me with anxiety these days. We will never be solid defensively with Bravo in net.

We have a weak defence, but we now also have a weak keeper - teams are going to feel likely to score on every counter if they can skip past the last men. I would have bet money on JH to save their 2nd and 3rd, or at least make an effort to, and he would have seen the dangers seconds earlier than Bravo. Every pass back and pass out across goal fills me with anxiety these days. We will never be solid defensively with Bravo in net.
There were games that Joe would win on his own for us. Obviously not every week, but I haven't seen anything yet that warrants getting rid of Joe for bravo. Looks a stupid move. If Guardiola is big enough he should acknowledge his error and bring hart back. Wont happen I know, but we look like a soft and flabby team

We'll see how good a manager Guardiola really is now. Do the players have faith in what he is doing, and are they going to rally behind him, or do they think he is a fraud. We will see. This is a test. Players may collapse in confidence now, or this maybe the kick up the backside that is required.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.