City v Chelsea post match

First time posting here. Im from Portugal (Benfica) , but i hope City win FA premier league. I Like this team a lot and like Pep a lot! Today City should´v won. The problem lies in boxs, like Pep has been saying . Especially, City needs to improve finishing! Cant miss so many goals! That is demoralising! But we are only in December! Im confident in City , City will improve for sure! And by the way, Grimaldo from Benfica would be a great signing in the future for City!

Think agueros lost it. Don't remember the last time I saw him grab hold of a game like the aguero of old; certainly not against top opposition.

When e came here he was so strong and dogged like Tevez. I think injuries have taken their toll on him.

Also think we are desperate for a new back line.
He is low on confidence, you can see it. He needs competition for his place not sole responsibility for deciding games. Love Nacho but Aguero needs to feel the heat from the bench if we are staying with one striker.

It's not our 'only' problem. But if wd didn't have it, we would have won every game bar Spurs.

That's plenty for the time being.

if he sorts the defending out we can potentially winch league....if he doesn't it doesn't matter how many chances we create (as we will still miss some at least) but to concede 3 from 3 shots is appalling....and thats cause the 3 chances were absolute clear cut ones where he had one clear cut one......the KDB one....every other chance were blocked or had pressure from defenders but the ones we conceded there was very little to no pressure......our defensive set up is just too vulnerable with the players he has.....

But i guess people will still go on making excuses...we will see at the end of the season...he either changes personnel, approach or we lose and he won't change personnel (unless he gets Kompany back and playing)

Thought we were a bit unlucky but poor game management for me. Where was sterling? Bravo not great. Stones and otamendi poor. We don't have enough gold in the team and catching 4 points on a Chelsea team in Europe looks unlikely. Lots of work to do.

Pretty sure Sterling came up a bit short after his knock against Burnley.

Be interesting if Nacho starts now we don't have Kun for the next four league games.

I agree we should have managed the game better even though we missed the chances to make it hard for Chelsea because in the end we made it very easy for them.

You never like us at 1-0 up these days against most oppositions and that has to change.

You can still shut teams out by playing the pressing /possession game.

I was stilll up upbeat about the season up until the 97th minute, but 2 of out best player getting straight reds and missing 4 games in the busiest period of the season is an absolute nightmare and has probably thrown this season away.. shocking really considering we played well.

Any ITK's heard of any rumours/activity for the transfer market for January?

Thought aguero played well today tbh, worked hard and was always an option. I hope the ref display doesnt mask the lack of pace and savvy of our defence, they looked like strangers today, really need to hit the jackpot with our next defensive signing.

His book is a colouring book to be fair so it's no surprise.
Absolutely. But that's on the players and not the set up.

its on the players being in the wrong set up

Answer this....would you ideally have Kolarov 1 vs 1 against anyone....or ottomendi diving in not he front foot......?????

The answer to both is no but this is what Peps system requires...FFS he has said it himself that he wants his players comfortable in these situations....well he aint got players that are good in those situations.

IS Kolarov comfortable one vs one - the answer (even before Pep arrived) is clearly NO

IS ottomendi a defender that can defend one vs one - NO cause he dives in and sells himself short on a regular basis. Now if you play a system than demands this and your players are weak at it its the fault of the system and the players...btu he can only change the (defensive) system at this point in time cause h cant change the players

We must the least streetwise team in the PL and have been since Hughes We are too nice, opposition players gone to ground and get a free kick for the slightest contact we stay on our feet and get nothing. Most game we have doubled the procession yest give more fouls away it doesn't add up! KDB playing the all out whilst a Chelsea player was down, we were on attack got the ball back in our half. Another incident Mosses giving us the ball back he kick the ball out for a throw in which they challenged. When costa was being sub he went down despite the imminent sub physios went to treat him he crawled off and the sub came on. Stones playing the ball early doors was being man Handel led by costa should have gone to ground. I don't like what amounts to cheating but if you can't beat them join them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.