City v Chelsea post match

The last four home games we have missed a hatful of chances , blaming the defence for mistakes is absurd the way Pep's sets his teams up , all four games we should have won in a canter and the odd mistake at the back would have made no difference because we should be 3 or 4 goals clear in each game , until we start being clinical in front of goal like the Chavs were today , we are not going to get the results we need to win trophies. So do we persevere with Pep's total entertaining football or do we want to grind out results and be less entertaining hopefully he will find a happy medium and will turn our team in to something very special , it will not happen in 4 or 5 months . Fortunately we will not suffer a total coward of a referee like we witnessed today , that refereeing performances is up there with Alf Grey in Dipper League Cup Sem-Final in 1980 , absolutely shocking
Fully agree. It was all about missed chances. A defence is always likely to be breached against a quality team but had we scored more than 1 and almsot killed off the game we would have won and nothing would have been said about the defence.

We need better than Otamendi at CB to win the league. The way he was bullied by Costa for Chelsea's first two goals was nowhere near good enough. Chelsea's first goal simply wasn't good enough from Otamendi, a proper centre back deals with that first ball comfortably. He's miles away from Van Dijk's level, who we need to sign in January.

We aren't scoring enough goals because we haven't got enough goalscorers in the team, it's as simple as that. Only Aguero was a natural goalscorer today IMO. Silva, Gundogan, Fernandinho & Navas - none of them are natural goalscorers. When they're all in the team, we'll pass the ball around really well and create good chances, but rely extremely heavily on Aguero to finish them. We have players in the squad who are great finishers though, the likes of Iheanacho, Yaya, Nolito and Sterling.

The kind of positions we were getting, we shouldn't even need a 'goalscorer' to score those. Just a bit of common sense. Draw the keeper & pass it if neccessary.

But something is going on with Aguero (not any City problems imo) & he's not right.

Not just for City. Same with Argentina. We can't base everything assuming he will bail us out, like Pellegrini did & that he'll always do it. We need either Jesus to take it on or a new experienced striker for next season, in case Aguero continues in the same way.

I rarely post on these post match threads and the reason is because after I've read around 10-15 pages I come to the conclusion that the thread is saturated with followers (not supporters) of the club. Some of the shit you read is laughable and most of the time I can just ignore it but to be fair it's a shame because most of the good stuff posted by supporters that were either at the game or at least have a decent understanding of the game get lost amongst all the crap in between.

I am however only on page 18 so I'll hopefully come across some decent posts the further I go in.

Iv said this many times. As brilliant as Silva is he just doesnt get us the goals from midfield. As for Gundogen Ive still yet to see why they bought him. Admittedly he looked dynamite for BD but for me his contribution to City is so far ver poor bar the odd match. Any title winning side relies in goals from mid field so we have got problems as things stand.

We looked far far better before Gundogan got fit when Dave played along side Fern with Nolito out left , Kev in the number 10 and RS on the right- it still doesn't change the fact we need an out and out second goal scorer.

A front three of GJ,SA,RS with Kev behind at the tip of the triangle with DS and Fern behind would do for me.

And a couple of pacy fullbacks please.

If ever there was a game we needed Kompany at the back this was it. Missing his leadership. I challenge anyone to name todays captain if you missed the coin toss.

So, basically, we won't see Aguero again in the league until next year and we have only Nacho to come in.

Any chance of Jesus getting an early debut?

The kind of positions we were getting, we shouldn't even need a 'goalscorer' to score those. Just a bit of common sense. Draw the keeper & pass it if neccessary.

But something is going on with Aguero (not any City problems imo) & he's not right.

Not just for City. Same with Argentina. We can't base everything assuming he will bail us out, like Pellegrini did & that he'll always do it. We need either Jesus to take it on or a new experienced striker for next season, in case Aguero continues in the same way.

I miss the days where we had Aguero, Tevez & Yaya on the pitch with Dzeko on the bench. Goals, goals, goals.

Our team today was full of talented & very tidy footballers who can't score.

People's criticism of our back 3 has a lot of merit but worth remembering that Chelsea'sback three were afforded a lot more ability to be physical and didn't get cards whereas every push or pull from a City defender was punished. Taylor didn't only get the big decisions wrong he adopted different standards to the way he refereed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.