City v Chelsea post match

What's Aguero's problem at the moment? The way he patted Cahill as if to say "cheers for the goal" is the kind of behaviour you'd expect from Suarez. And then the 'tackle'... what the fuck is wrong with him? Think Pep will want another striker soon, probably in the summer.

Can see us going balls deep for Aubameyang in the summer.

We need better than Otamendi at CB to win the league. The way he was bullied by Costa for Chelsea's first two goals was nowhere near good enough. Chelsea's first goal simply wasn't good enough from Otamendi, a proper centre back deals with that first ball comfortably. He's miles away from Van Dijk's level, who we need to sign in January.

We aren't scoring enough goals because we haven't got enough goalscorers in the team, it's as simple as that. Only Aguero was a natural goalscorer today IMO. Silva, Gundogan, Fernandinho & Navas - none of them are natural goalscorers. When they're all in the team, we'll pass the ball around really well and create good chances, but rely extremely heavily on Aguero to finish them. We have players in the squad who are great finishers though, the likes of Iheanacho, Yaya, Nolito and Sterling.

No doubt that the poor finishing and abject, biased refereeing cost us this game. Had the ref done his job, and had we taken our chances, the game would have been out of Chelsea's reach.

Disappointed with Otamendi's decision making for the second goal, he was never going to get to that ball and he left Stones and Kolarov completely exposed. There was absolutely no need for him to rush in that high up the pitch. Should have just stood his ground.

Hi pal, nice to meet new fans. Grimaldo would be a good buy he's got a bright future ahead of him.

Hi, thank you! Its a pleasure for me , day by day im liking City more and more! Im far away but never miss a game from City in tv. Yesterday like today, the best teams didnt win (Benfica and City) both due to very poor finishing! But that doenst last forever, and in long term City will improve, sure of that! Well, Grimaldo matches perfectly in Pep´s ideas! And city needs a good LB. Lets see, if he leaves Benfica i hope he goes to City! Sorry for my english, good night for you all!

Cutting through all the crap the reason we lost is we didnt put away our chances. Nothing else matters. We will play a lot worse and win. How do you practise scoring in training ? when its not actually match day. On a different note I was shocked at Agueros challenge I really thought he was not capable of doing something like that....thats definately an apology he owes to luis and to the team. I dont think it was case of Chelsea were greta today it was about City tossing it off.

Thought we played some good football and were unlucky that we didn't get the second killer goal but we need to start putting chances away.
If Pep cant see that we need a keeper not a fucking clown like Bravo in goal then he's not as good as we think.
Bravo never looks like saving shots but he looks comfortable with the ball at his feet...might as well play Stones in goal if that's the criteria for what he requires from a keeper.
Otamendi is not good enough or strong enough and he got bullied by Costa, cant imagine Costa bullying Mangala like that.
Referee was fucking awful and gave us fuck all....Sideshow Bob should have been off in 1st half and we should have had a couple of penalties too but never likely with that rag twat in charge.
We need 2 fullbacks and a strong centre half and a decent keeper asap if we have any chance of winning the league.
Would play Willie in goal till we get a keeper because Bravo doesn't inspire any confidence in the defence .

outpaced for the third, poor passing giving it away numerous times, caught too high up the pitch out of position. he was just part of a defence that leaked 3 goals.....the hole lot of them were shit

I also saw him make key blocks, key interceptions and he defended with more physicality then the others. Yes he has no recovery pace but he never has. One of our better players today. I'd be ditching Otamendi, Bravo and Clichy well before I was looking at replacing Kolarov.

The last four home games we have missed a hatful of chances , blaming the defence for mistakes is absurd the way Pep's sets his teams up , all four games we should have won in a canter and the odd mistake at the back would have made no difference because we should be 3 or 4 goals clear in each game , until we start being clinical in front of goal like the Chavs were today , we are not going to get the results we need to win trophies. So do we persevere with Pep's total entertaining football or do we want to grind out results and be less entertaining hopefully he will find a happy medium and will turn our team in to something very special , it will not happen in 4 or 5 months . Fortunately we will not suffer a total coward of a referee like we witnessed today , that refereeing performances is up there with Alf Grey in Dipper League Cup Sem-Final in 1980 , absolutely shocking

We need better than Otamendi at CB to win the league. The way he was bullied by Costa for Chelsea's first two goals was nowhere near good enough. Chelsea's first goal simply wasn't good enough from Otamendi, a proper centre back deals with that first ball comfortably. He's miles away from Van Dijk's level, who we need to sign in January.

We aren't scoring enough goals because we haven't got enough goalscorers in the team, it's as simple as that. Only Aguero was a natural goalscorer today IMO. Silva, Gundogan, Fernandinho & Navas - none of them are natural goalscorers. When they're all in the team, we'll pass the ball around really well and create good chances, but rely extremely heavily on Aguero to finish them. We have players in the squad who are great finishers though, the likes of Iheanacho, Yaya, Nolito and Sterling.
Never mind scoring I am very disapointed withe Gundongens contribution generally so far. He is not the player he was at BD and is looking a very expensive mistake.

Agreed.Simon you have to admit at 2-0 we may have gone on and won by more. The KDB was a game changer without a shadow of a doubt. Will never blame KDB it was really unlucky.
There's no such thing as luck, good or bad. He wasn't concentrating enough, didn't get his feet right and missed a fucking sitter...then he let it affect his game after that as he lost the plot and was involved in nothing, even let the ball bobble through his legs and go out as, again, he wasn't concentrating enough (and hen blamed the other player for the pass which was straight to him!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.