City v Chelsea post match

Chelseas three goals were no more than 600 mm form Bravo and near post

great decision by Pep to hook Sane for that defensive rock Clichy, things went bell end up after that....

Yes, totally agree. I didn't understand that substitution.

I was at the game today with my friend who is a Chelsea fan. We were in the wheelchair section level 2, Colin Bell Stand, and had a great view.

Anyway, just before half time my friend said "Chelsea will be desperate for ht, we've been battered". Then we scored. At HT our discussion was how Luiz stayed on, the referee, Agueros miss when Sane Laid it off, Hazard should have scored with their only chance, ...and a decent penalty shout for City.

The first 15 mins of 2nd half we were excellent, Sane started running at them and they couldnt get near him. He played a lovely ball for KDB, clean in on goal, terrible finish due to an uneccesary touch which delayed his shot. Should be 2-0

Then Cahill and Courtouis messed up and Aguero took the ball off them, rounded the keeper and inexplicably just rolled the ball towards goal. Very sloppy that Sergio. Strike it into the net ffs. Should be 3-0.

Five mins later, we get round the back of Chelsea again... a great ball across the box, KDB has to just guide it over the line... how on earth he hit the bar and over from there nobody knows. Should be 4-0.. It affected his game after that... my friend agrees that City should be 4-0 up...

A minute later, Costa equalises, we thought he'd hand balled it at first, but a good finish.
They get their 2nd from our missed opportunity in their box... then Willian has the ball right edge of area, surely he has to do more to score? Bravo at fault for me, positioning was awful. Their 3rd seemed to be from our attack? Again Bravo slow to react and Hazard had all day.

Saw Aguero go for Luiz, right in front of us. They were both going for each other, but Aguero lunged at him. Actually didn't see Fernandinho push Fabregas over the barrier as everybody stood up in front of me. Saw Kelechi getting into their faces. Didn't realise Aguero was red carded until afterwards, thought he'd got away with it. Can't complain though, terrible challenge... he got in first though, as I said it looked like they were going for each other.

Even forgetting about the referee, I can't believe we didn't win that today... and my friend can't believe they did..

I feel very similar to how I did after Barca away. We played some genuinely excellent stuff today and part of me feels that I can see where we are heading and it is exciting. But we are so open to the counter attack and our finishing is so bad that we will win fuck all for as long as we don't get those two hugely important parts of the game sorted. I certainly don't think we will win the league this season, we don't play well often enough and even when we do play well we still have too many flaws in our game that can be exposed by more clinical and pragmatic teams.

Says it all.

What's the point of passing it around amongst ourselves for 90 minutes if all that does is allows the opposition to defend in an organised way, and then hit us with a sucker punch when we are over extended. We've seen it a dozen times this season already and yet nothing changes.

Well, I could see at least 2 Chelsea players that should have gone in that melee at the end. Fabrigas is a sneaky c**t. Clearly slapped ferna in the face. The tackle from sergio looked bad, but Sideshow Bob came in from the blind side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.