City v Crystal Palace Post Match

Got to be pleased all things considered, three goals against a stuffy defence (only beat them 1-0 a year ago). First half a bit stodgy but came out firing in the 2nd. Big players stepped up, Ya Ya, Nasri, David....

Obvious: Merlin, Yaya, Zabaleta, and Nasri all had great matches.

Not-so-obvious: Navas played well and created space for others (and chances, despite some frustrating moments).

Other thoughts:

Mangala looks to be finally growing into the team.

Fernando still looks really shaky whenever he gets anywhere near the ball. Only a cameo, to be fair, but gave away the ball twice in that time and squandered a clear counter. I am just not convinced by him but I'll judge fully at the end of the season. Fernandinho just offers the same things defensively and can dribble/pass when necessary.

The Sinclair sub smacked of "he still exists, come and get him". I know many have made arguments for it but if you can't bring on youth for the last 5 minutes at home when you are 3-0 up and there isn't a single striker on the field than I'm not sure when it will happen for him.

Great win overall and you know Jose is getting nervous—let the mind games commence (it's like playing handball alone against our Pellegrini).

Kind of interesting about the offside goal - the only reason he was played onside was because of tracking an offside player down the wing, who wasn't interfering with play, obviously. Now, clearly, under the laws it's onside, not querying that at all, but just worth noting how the interfering with play bit only applies to a striker not a defender.

Help ! - who is this COLIN wanker?.I did not watch on BT Sport. -Listened to Radio Manc. Cheesy did not mention that their goal ? - could have been allowed. Also I am guessing you are talking of TONY Pullis.?

the talisman said:
Chippy_boy said:
Pulis, just fuck off, City with two crosses and two goals. What about the other 12 crosses where we didn't score you fuckwit.

It is fucking unbelievable isn't it. Palace couldn't get a touch 2nd half, yet these clowns are making out that we were lucky.

I don't know if anyone else has suggested it, but I'm beginning to think there may be some sort of anti-city bias in the media. An 'agenda' if you will. Thoughts?

No nobody has suggested it before.

Our pundits over here in oz if I can call them that are not as biased but give us little on the plus side.

Today was all about us and how we managed to boss a side that had taken 10 points from 15 out of the top six before being handed their biggest walloping all season all thing s considered.

They had a full strength side available today.

ITS THE WAY FORWARD no strikers Aguero will struggle to get back in !! I don't consider the decision to bring Sinclair instead of the kid on worth such negative comments IF Thierry is good enough he will get his chance

Actually, I thought Palace were anything but shit. That 's what makes this win, without any recognised strikers, so totally impressive. This is now a team where anyone can stand in for anyone, just about. By the time we go to Everton, I believe we'll be top.
Watching Jimmy's unreal workrate ( with not a few great touches, he's not, repeat NOT, just a hard working donkey), you can see why people get annoyed with Edin. He virtually never chases the ball down against the keeper like that. Despite Merlin's goals, Milner's just about my man of the match, along with Nasri, who was the pivot for so much that was going on. Everyone good today, though.
Can we find room for Kun and Vinnie?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.