City v CSKA Moscow Post Match Discussion Thread

14 goals in the last week, just brilliant. Aguero, Negredo, Silva and Nasri were all brilliant. Nasri has been very good this season and has proved he belongs with the club. First half was fantastic and beautiful to watch.

Clichy was awful again. We desperately need another LB in January. I can't see us winning anything unless we get better performances from the LB position.

Pants was OK. Could have done better on the goal and had a bit of a flap on a cross but did fine considering his first big game in the CL.

Mr. Aguia said:
14 goals in the last week, just brilliant. Aguero, Negredo, Silva and Nasri were all brilliant. Nasri has been very good this season and has proved he belongs with the club. First half was fantastic and beautiful to watch.

Clichy was awful again. We desperately need another LB in January. I can't see us winning anything unless we get better performances from the LB position.

Pants was OK. Could have done better on the goal and had a bit of a flap on a cross but did fine considering his first big game in the CL.
Clichy was not awful, gave away a daft penalty, but otherwise was fine.

BlueAnorak said:
Good win. Nasri, Silva, Aguero and Negrado were excellent.
Disappointed we stopped pressing for half an hour after the 4th goal - which nearly let them back in!!
Also, conclusive proof tonight that Cliche is having an awful season and that Demichells makes too many mistakes.
(and yes I do want perfection!)

Still a win is a win and we have qualified - so job done.
Thought Demichelis actually had a good game.

cleavers said:
Mr. Aguia said:

I agree he just lost it for that penalty

cleavers said:
Mr. Aguia said:

Pretty much how I saw it.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:20 am --<br /><br />
NoahCity said:
BlueAnorak said:
Good win. Nasri, Silva, Aguero and Negrado were excellent.
Disappointed we stopped pressing for half an hour after the 4th goal - which nearly let them back in!!
Also, conclusive proof tonight that Cliche is having an awful season and that Demichells makes too many mistakes.
(and yes I do want perfection!)

Still a win is a win and we have qualified - so job done.
Thought Demichelis actually had a good game.

Also how I saw it.

What do you think: Their Russian coach said it had not finished 5-2, only to tell the fans at home the scoreline was exaggerated? bet he did.

By CL standards it was an impressive scoreline: 3-0 after 30 min. and 5-2 at fulltime. And one can hardly moan about defensive fragilties if you win 5-2. Therefore I don't and leave that to the media.
I said on forehand we had to be carefull with this opponent and I thought after 20 minutes and 2 up, they surely had their moments and the score was friendly for us. After that, terrific play and a comfortable win.
Qualified for the knock-out stages, a big improvement on last season. But I'm sure with this group we would have qualified the 1st time we entered this league. Well done City.
And while the media are breaking over eachother to polish up Sturridge/Suarez or Rooney/v.Persie, I'm happy we ended up with Aguero/Negredo, especially with a blistering and overcreative couple of Silva/Nasri behind them. 7-0, 5-2 .. it's hard to keep my feet on the ground like this.

eversince 76 said:
What do you think: Their Russian coach said it had not finished 5-2, only to tell the fans at home the scoreline was exaggerated? bet he did.

By CL standards it was an impressive scoreline: 3-0 after 30 min. and 5-2 at fulltime. And one can hardly moan about defensive fragilties if you win 5-2. Therefore I don't and leave that to the media.
I said on forehand we had to be carefull with this opponent and I thought after 20 minutes and 2 up, they surely had their moments and the score was friendly for us. After that, terrific play and a comfortable win.
Qualified for the knock-out stages, a big improvement on last season. But I'm sure with this group we would have qualified the 1st time we entered this league. Well done City.
And while the media are breaking over eachother to polish up Sturridge/Suarez or Rooney/v.Persie, I'm happy we ended up with Aguero/Negredo, especially with a blistering and overcreative couple of Silva/Nasri behind them. 7-0, 5-2 .. it's hard to keep my feet on the ground like this.

Yes and and I am so proud of them all. It was beautiful to watch.

In party with CSKA friends in Moscow, they hoped their team win this match. I smiled and thougt they don't know where is the best place in England to disassemble their team nice and neat.

Was great to see Aguero pressing in the 92nd minute to win the ball back for the 5th goal - that tells u something. This team has drive....

cleavers said:
Mr. Aguia said:

Did you miss his air kick in the first half that would have led to a goal had their forward been better.

He was average at best last night and it is becoming a problem area for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.