City v CSKA Moscow Post Match Discussion Thread

Great performance last night.

Only thing that is worrying me is this high line defence we are playing.Look so vulnerable and against better opposition I fear we may come unstuck.

However-Great result-12 goals in 2 games. Hope they don't dry up on Sunday

rickyyt said:
I Hart Man City said:
Juan King said:
I find it unbelievable that Russians can celebrate anything to do with Nazi Germany. The people giving this shit out could have easily lost relatives to Nazi's, how much of an insult is that to their ancestors.

Yeah. I peeled one off the wall in one of the bogs outside the ground.
There was one on the tram, I took a picture and tweeted to a couple of journos but they didn't comment! Sad people those Russians

Mentioned in The Times

Weren't CSKA originally the army team?

Credo said:
Good win. But with a striker of the quality of Aguero playing for them we would have let in 3 by half time. Clichy has gone off the boil this season.
Comprehensive win, outclassed them and for most of the game we cruised.
Why is Lescott still out of favour?

Apart from one mistake I thought clichy had a good game!

Didsbury Dave said:
Until the subs killed our passing game we were absolutely brilliant. Possibly the best, most inventive passing and creation of chances I've ever seen in a city team.

Something very special is happening before our eyes.

Nasri is a man reborn. Fernandinho is becoming a revalation. The Beast is a hero and what is there left to be said about silva and Sergio? Fuck me, I can hardly believe that was Manchester City at times today. They weren't a great side but god, are we getting good at cutting these teams open.

If we hadn't ( correctly) rested players tonight it would have been 7 or 8-1

Ok, who has hacked DD's account?

I agree with every word, by the way.

kinkysleftfoot said:
Credo said:
Good win. But with a striker of the quality of Aguero playing for them we would have let in 3 by half time. Clichy has gone off the boil this season.

Agreed. Also think Gael is due a bit of loyalty from us because he's clearly trying to work his way through a dip in form and refusing to hide. Those stating 'get rid' are a little out of order IMO.

Lucky Toma said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
Credo said:

Agreed. Also think Gael is due a bit of loyalty from us because he's clearly trying to work his way through a dip in form and refusing to hide. Those stating 'get rid' are a little out of order IMO.

But LT you know that any City player who has the slightest dip in form or makes a slight (or big) mistake some Bluemoaners want him sold immediately. On the Kompany thread there is even someone who wants him sold!! It gets so boring at times.

Clichy had a good game last night, he made a mistake yes but we still came out of it 5-2.

Watched back the match last night, couple of nice bits of hyperbole to counter the usual commentators negative portrayal.

Quinnie: Agüero is the best striker in world football currently considering most don't consider Messi and Ronaldo to be true strikers.

Wilkins compared Agüero to Zola in his heyday ( not bad from fester)

Not to be outdone Carragher then compared him to Dalgleish.

This is history, lads. We've never in the history of the CL, or its previous incarnation, the European Cup, qualified for the next round,or got anywhere near it.
Just wondering if anyone else browsing this forum was present for the Fenerbace match? This would have beein in the winter of 68, if my memory serves me right. I remember being stood on the Kippax and thinking, Oh I see, so this is how you play it in Europe. It's often been said, but it's true - footie in Europe is a different animal (beast?) Fenerbace were basically a mediocre team, but they were cannier than us. Even with the likes of Bell, Lee, Nelly, we couldn't get a thing off them.
We've come a long, long way. Good times...

cleavers said:
Mr. Aguia said:
14 goals in the last week, just brilliant. Aguero, Negredo, Silva and Nasri were all brilliant. Nasri has been very good this season and has proved he belongs with the club. First half was fantastic and beautiful to watch.

Clichy was awful again. We desperately need another LB in January. I can't see us winning anything unless we get better performances from the LB position.

Pants was OK. Could have done better on the goal and had a bit of a flap on a cross but did fine considering his first big game in the CL.
Clichy was not awful, gave away a daft penalty, but otherwise was fine.

I thought Clichy played much better than I was expecting. He wasn't perfect (the miskick in the first half could also have been costly) but even Merlin gave the ball away cheaply at times , as did the Beast at the very moment the tannoy announced him as MOTM ! From my vantage point in South Stand Level 2 I thought Clichy played much much better than he did against BM. His positioning was so much better. I loved watching DeM instructing Nasty when they swapped positions and think he will get better the more games he plays, very comfortable on the ball.

At times we were as brilliant as the glory days of Bell Lee and Summerbee and if we can outclass that group of players we must have something special developing in front of our eyes.

CL sorted for now so MPs first objective met. Now onto winning those 5 trophies so PL points priority between now and next February because if we can continue to improve on where we are we can beat whoever we draw next.

Great night last night., even the half-time pie tasted good!
CTID

I see today that the "happy" pole of Bluemoon's personality disorder has returned. Good. Long may it continue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.