City v CSKA Moscow Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone wish we could play 11 David Silvas. The guy is just an absolute genius.

Having been on the 'receiving end' so to speak, and having some of my property stolen from me in Moscow (the flag has yet to be returned incidentally although I am aware and would like to thank the people trying to appeal to the ultra group who have it to do the decent thing and give it back), it might surprise some Blues but I sincerely hope everything passes off without incident on Tuesday night. I am pleased to say the incident we were caught up in was an isolated one thankfully, and most Blues who went to Moscow enjoyed a trouble free time. #mcfctogether

Eccles Blue said:
I would pick Hart, I don't think it is the right time to risk Pantilimon in this competition yet.

"Risk"... I think it is more risky with Hart and his current form at the moment than with Pantilimon.

1) It has only been one game Hart has been "rested" and worked on his form between, so would 100% go with the big guy

2) Pellegrini believes in giving players chances and he did give Hart plenty, now it's Costel's turn and will be his UCL debut so he should certainly get it, considering we are playing CSKA and not Barcelona/Bayern.

3) Playing Pants in his first UCL game will give him a lot more confidence now to carry forward into the Prem League games in case we are reliant on him for a longer period than expected.

4) As some blues have said here on here, this will be the opportunity to guarantee qualification to the last 16, which means not only more Revenue but also exposure, better seeding next season UCL and getting over the hoodoo of not qualifying for the past 2 seasons... thus we must go with what is trusted and stable rather than risky...

None of us blues want to be shitting it in the last 10 mins if we are up 1-0...

baildon blue said:
I enjoy these European nights . I would rather watch us play the likes of CSKA than Norwich City . To me the champions league is better than the premier league .
Agree......
It amazes me that we sell out Norwich, but cska probably won't be full. There's a strange ambivalence by some City fans to Europe.

SuperSilva said:
3) Playing Pants in his first UCL game will give him a lot more confidence now to carry forward into the Prem League games in case we are reliant on him for a longer period than expected.
He's already played in the champions league before joining city.

bigf42 said:
baildon blue said:
I enjoy these European nights . I would rather watch us play the likes of CSKA than Norwich City . To me the champions league is better than the premier league .
Agree......
It amazes me that we sell out Norwich, but cska probably won't be full. There's a strange ambivalence by some City fans to Europe.

Hardly strange when the club only has to sell around 8k-9k tickets to sell out a league game but have to shift 40 odd thousand to sell out cup games. There'll be 40k in the ground on tuesday night which I think is very, very decent.

FredTilson said:
SuperSilva said:

Sorry ... when I say debut I meant for City :)

SuperSilva said:
FredTilson said:
SuperSilva said:

Sorry ... when I say debut I meant for City :)
yeah of course, I only meant it in the sense that its not like we are are throwing an untested 17 year old kid in there. This is someone who already has played in the CL before. We should stick with Pants at least till the international break, then evaluate again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.