City v Everton Post Match Thread

Exeter Blue I am here said:
And for all that he was supposedly bypassed today, he still provided the best two passes of the match, the first to set up the opener, the second to put Zab in for the penalty

There's no supposedly about it,defensively he is often a liability,however,further up the pitch as your two examples are typical,he can cause havoc.

The solution lies(as I keep posting) with the third 'grafter'.

FantasyIreland said:
And for all that he was supposedly bypassed today, he still provided the best two passes of the match, the first to set up the opener, the second to put Zab in for the penalty

There's no supposedly about it,defensively he is often a liability,however,further up the pitch as your two examples are typical,he can cause havoc.

The solution lies(as I keep posting) with the third 'grafter'.

It's also part and parcel of our more attacking philosophy, expecting just Ferny to do the donkey work with the two centre halves.

At times today it seemed like we lined up something like this....

.....................................Hart..................................
....Zab...............Jolene.................Nasty.............AK......
....................................Ferny.................................
...Jimmy...............Yaya.............................................
..........................................Silva..............................
.............................Negredo...............Sergio................

I agree,i struggled to get a grasp on the exact formation but it definitely wasn't a true 442,we were too narrow with one or two 'roaming'.Milner certainly aided the dirty work as did Silva.

TGR said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have finally put my finger on it, and it makes me uncomfortable.

Sure, Yaya's stamina has previously been called in to question.

But stupid as I sound, he is part of the problem.

We are a one man midfield with Fernandinho, who I thought was very good today.

Lazy rakish passing from Yaya, far too cool for school at times.

He is easily taken out of the equation when the passing is quick one-touch around him.

Everton did it to him a couple times and no surprise it becomes more pronounced against the likes of Bayern and Dortmund.

He was clearly tired from the other night, but there were a number of occasions when he failed or simply refused to close the distance between himself and numerous Negredo knock downs.

Love Yaya in full flow, his momentous goals, but he increasingly appears to be as much of the problem as the solution.

Great effort from City today. Real desire and some lovely interplay.

Silva and Negredo were fantastic and Kolarov continues to seize his chances.

I'm inclined to agree with you tolmie. Yaya did a very good impersonation of a traffic cone on Wednesday. He is superb for the majority of the PL games but where teams like to keep possession and play quick passing one touch football he is a spectator. MP needs to pick and choose his games. He shouldn't be a starter 100% of the time.

Can't agree. At 6ft 3' and 14 odd stone, he's not built for shuttle running to close opponents down, but his attributes on the ball make him always worth a starting berth. We just need to deploy him in his most effective area. And for all that he was supposedly bypassed today, he still provided the best two passes of the match, the first to set up the opener, the second to put Zab in for the penalty

Bloody hell Tolmie. If Yaya is the problem lets give up. Was he the problem at home to united or away to plezen.

Silva was man of the match for me today. I thought his attitude and work rate were immense. Even late on in the half he was closing down and tackling the Everton back line when we lost ball. Impressed with his fitness levels especially considering he was only supposed to be good for the last 20 minutes on Wednesday.

I would be very interested to see Milner in the holding role with Fernandinho and Yaya allowed to show a bit more attacking wise, always get a little stuck on who to drop though, hence the reason I am on here and not managing City!!!

I'm not sure what Fernandinho has to do for some. He saved a sure goal in the first. Broke up play and covered on the break. I assume it's due to the price tag. I guess they expect him to score goals and the like but that's not his job. He wasn't brought in for that. That's Yaya's job, he's there to cover for him. A replacement for barry that's far better on the ball.

Merlin was brilliant as was Negredo, what a bargin he's turned out to be. Hart is becoming a real worry. He seems to second guess every decision. CH's continue to be a real concern. Lescott was poor early on, settled down in the second and Nasty continues to be off last years form.

If you think Yaya is a/the problem, just think how you'd feel if he was on the opponent's team-sheet.
Most clubs would take him first from our squad. The guy is a killer, but sometime doesn't have the greatest effect on the eye. Two assists today and he's attracting flak? Didn't score a free kick = sell him? Get some patience, will you, this a remarkable football player and we are lucky to have him. Ask the scum.

Mr. Aguia said:
I'm not sure what Fernandinho has to do for some. He saved a sure goal in the first. Broke up play and covered on the break. I assume it's due to the price tag. I guess they expect him to score goals and the like but that's not his job. He wasn't brought in for that. That's Yaya's job, he's there to cover for him. A replacement for barry that's far better on the ball.

Merlin was brilliant as was Negredo, what a bargin he's turned out to be. Hart is becoming a real worry. He seems to second guess every decision. CH's continue to be a real concern. Lescott was poor early on, settled down in the second and Nasty continues to be off last years form.

It's because his job is not noticed that much, so they don't see it, I certainley noticed him today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.