City v Everton Post Match Thread

Blue2112 said:
Read some shit on here, Yaya's the problem, His control of the ball, holding off players, using both feet one touch left foot and pass with the right or one touch right foot and pass with the left. Those little circles he turns in where he's holding two players off before releasing the ball. The bust gutting runs he does. The free kicks. The tap ins , the curlers the presence in the middle or just simply around the club, the games without resting, the sheer strength of the man, he's a fucking monster of a player and I could go on. He's one of the best all time City midfielders and time may prove him to be the best of them all.

It's amazing how people still keep reverting back to him as a problem.

6 goals this season!

It turned out to be a very good, and well deserved win against a team who keep the ball well, pass it well and have great movement. They're nowhere near as good as Bayern, thank God, but they're plenty good enough, and in good enough form, to qualify as one of those teams we might have preferred not to play on this particular Saturday. Their goal showed that the problems we have suffered from away will surface at home against the better teams - in this case defending a high line and trying to play the offside trap when there is no pressure on the ball. I think Tolmie is right about Ya Ya insofar as he isn't a tackler, and he won't turn and close players down quickly, and so Fernandinho has to work like a Trojan to do the mopping up himself. But Ya Ya is of such inestimable value going forward with the ball that he would walk into every other team in the world. I think the answer is to use Milner along with Fernandinho - who you leave out is a good question, but it certainly isn't Ya Ya and it certainly isn't Merlin! Anyway we really deserved the equaliser, if only because we never looked thrown out of our stride but stormed right to their end and put in a delightful goal (what a ball from Ya Ya, Tolmie!) and from then on we never really looked in danger. I was reaching for the anti-depressants when Vinnie went off, but I was amazed how well our two (left footed!) CBs coped; Lukaku tired after halftime, but he was still a real handful when Vinnie went off. Kolarov had a really good game, so did Zaba, Milner was excellent (was Baines playing?!), Ya Ya, Merlin and Alvaro were superb while Sergio had a poor game and only scored two (though one will be taken off him to suggest that Tim Howard made a stupid mistake!). And Joe, who has come in, fairly, for criticism for two howlers on Wednesday, couldn't be expected to have done any better for their goal, but never put a foot wrong after that. Finally, a word for the manager of whom I have been highly critical this week - he deserves great credit for the performance. It wasn't perfect and it was at home. But we went one down and our captain had to go off injured, both of which could have destroyed us but it was an excellent performance and we got stronger and stronger as the match wore on. By the end we were playing some excellent possession football, moving fluently and could, with a touch of luck, have had two or three more. It all makes for a very enjoyable weekend!

taconinja said:
SrilankanBlue said:
BV0tH_-IQAAKfio.jpg:large
He certainly has some steel in him, doesn't he?
He's a beast!

jimharri said:
Blue2112 said:
Read some shit on here, Yaya's the problem, His control of the ball, holding off players, using both feet one touch left foot and pass with the right or one touch right foot and pass with the left. Those little circles he turns in where he's holding two players off before releasing the ball. The bust gutting runs he does. The free kicks. The tap ins , the curlers the presence in the middle or just simply around the club, the games without resting, the sheer strength of the man, he's a fucking monster of a player and I could go on. He's one of the best all time City midfielders and time may prove him to be the best of them all.
You're a fan then? Mind you, that last part of your last sentence will have us Colin Bell afficionados reaching for the sedatives!

I saw Colin in his prime before the injury and was at that game when Buchan did him. I was there for his return against Newcastle and I've met the King loads of times since and I like you love the man. But football is a strange thing and every generation likes to look back on there own as the best era in football and for all us middle aged farts the 60's/70's were untouchable for everything from flair players to colours of kits to match of the day presentation and the passing of time has Colin Bell held quite rightly as our greatest ever player. But preceding generations may argue for Swift, Trautmann or Doherty and the new generation will rightly hail Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Tevez and Yaya but of all the era's I've passed through and trying to be as fair as possible and remove my youthful blue tinted spectacles Yaya is quite simply as dominant and as important a figure as any of those other City greats that preceeded him and without doubt arguably as good and most certainly as important to the team and their success of his generation that he plays for. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is far more difficult and I predict that the future will rightly hold Yaya aloft as one of if not the greatest City midfielders.

Good win, but when are we going to start to take a punt at some of the great crosses that Milner, Zab, Navass and Ak are providing.

Blue2112 said:
jimharri said:
Blue2112 said:
You're a fan then? Mind you, that last part of your last sentence will have us Colin Bell afficionados reaching for the sedatives!

I saw Colin in his prime before the injury and was at that game when Buchan did him. I was there for his return against Newcastle and I've met the King loads of times since and I like you love the man. But football is a strange thing and every generation likes to look back on there own as the best era in football and for all us middle aged farts the 60's/70's were untouchable for everything from flair players to colours of kits to match of the day presentation and the passing of time has Colin Bell held quite rightly as our greatest ever player. But preceding generations may argue for Swift, Trautmann or Doherty and the new generation will rightly hail Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Tevez and Yaya but of all the era's I've passed through and trying to be as fair as possible and remove my youthful blue tinted spectacles Yaya is quite simply as dominant and as important a figure as any of those other City greats that preceeded him and without doubt arguably as good and most certainly as important to the team and their success of his generation that he plays for. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is far more difficult and I predict that the future will rightly hold Yaya aloft as one of if not the greatest City midfielders.
Good post. Might get my laptop fired up and lock myself in the toilet while I digest that post!

jimharri said:
Blue2112 said:
jimharri said:

Good post. Might get my laptop fired up and lock myself in the toilet while I digest that post!

Hahahaha Jim you daft sod, I read your post twice then clicked on another, started watching the Barca game, went to make a brew and then the fucking penny dropped and I thought how the fuck did I miss that LOL!!!! I'm off to find a railway steward whilst de niro goes to find a chippy and the rest of the gang hold back the other punters in urgent need of a piss ;-)

Blue2112 said:
jimharri said:
Blue2112 said:

Some very good points.

Although I recently saw a rerun of the England v Brazil 1970 world cup tie, the best game I've ever seen. Which re-assured me that 60's / 70's football was just as good as I remembered it.

Anyone thinks both Tim Howard and Sergio would've been happier for that to have been a Sergio goal?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.