City v Fulham pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NoahCity said:
carlosborba said:
I am worried about Zabaleta.

He got 8 Yellow Cards, two more until April 13 and he will be two match suspended.

We´ll play Fulham, United, Arsenal, Southampton and Liverpool, Four toughs games.

skybluesbrasil.blogspot.com.br
Maybe play Richards against Fulham?

Is he not injured again?
Besides,i'd rather we play Milner there,my faith in Richards has disappeared.

gmckennasell said:
chelsea v arsenal is the early kick off , hoping for a draw in that match , then we can turn the screw on maureen , but the dippers are probably the main threat now .Spoken to a few deluded scousers and they reckon us and chleski have no chance at Anfield , they are getting bit giddy after their win at the swamp .

I'm hoping Arsenal win, because Chelsea only have that and the Scousers away as hard games, so we need them to drop more points. At this point, I'd rather them lose one and Arsenal win 3, because we still have to play Arsenal and it is a virtual must win for us, or AT THE VERY LEAST a must not lose!

We have to start with the strongest possible team and get the game won as soon as possible. Anything else is just asking for trouble.

If we go with a weakened team like against Watford we could end up having to bring the troops on late in the game and have to go chasing it, which might not work out plus there will be the obvious risk of further injuries and yellow cards for the likes of Zabba and Toure.

We need to conserve as much energy as possible for the games ahead, so get games like this won early and then make a few changes. Whilst rotation keeps the squad reasonably happy I'm sure most of them would forego a couple of appearances to get that coveted medal at the end of the season.

gmckennasell said:
chelsea v arsenal is the early kick off , hoping for a draw in that match , then we can turn the screw on maureen , but the dippers are probably the main threat now .Spoken to a few deluded scousers and they reckon us and chleski have no chance at Anfield , they are getting bit giddy after their win at the swamp .
I work with one and he's the same, adamant they'll score at least 3 past us! Really getting annoying as f**k.

sir baconface said:
CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
Neither Pell or Serge (twitter) seem overly concerned about the injury so I expect to see super Kun leading the attack at the swamp we go full strength every game from now on should paste Fulham without breaking a sweat Pell might feel if we are cruising at the hour mark to withdraw and preserve some of his prized assets and I would support him in that, no need to push our luck and risk any setbacks with more challenging games to come.

Oh dear. I presume you were holidaying on another planet during all the fallout over Wigan?

NOTE : I said "should" I've learned in my 40 year love affair with MCFC never to take anything for granted SB that's why I tend to take the odd defeat with an element of restraint, while being a staunch City man I'm also a realist we are not going to win every game and neither are anyone else so it's just a case of who makes the fewer mistakes by seasons end.

I'll take a 1-0 win here, as long it's comfortable enough.

Although I think a bit of form from our strikers is key here, either Dzeko keeping up from scoring against Hull or Negredo ending his barren spell.

Fulham will be starting to battle for their lives and all I can think about is April 2008 when they came here.

mcfcinprague said:
If we go with a weakened team like against Watford we could end up having to bring the troops on late in the game and have to go chasing it, which might not work out plus there will be the obvious risk of further injuries and yellow cards for the likes of Zabba and Toure.

As shocking as it is, Yaya has only two yellow cards in the PL this season. :) But he managed to get 3 in just 5 FA Cup starts. That still makes it only 5 so he is quite in a comfortable situation.

Zabaleta has 8 which really is a bit of a worry as Micah doesn't seem to be a good alternative this season. Am I correct that if he will have 10 yellows he will miss two games? Given our remaining fixture list, he should be really careful and hopefully he can avoid some silly yellows.

EDIT: And Kompany has six yellows in all English competitions.

Armaan said:
gmckennasell said:
I work with one and he's the same, adamant they'll score at least 3 past us! Really getting annoying as f**k.

Dippers? The new Rags!

Hungarian blue said:
mcfcinprague said:

As shocking as it is, Yaya has only two yellow cards in the PL this season. :) But he managed to get 3 in just 5 FA Cup starts. That still makes it only 5 so he is quite in a comfortable situation.

Zabaleta has 8 which really is a bit of a worry as Micah doesn't seem to be a good alternative this season. Am I correct that if he will have 10 yellows he will miss two games? Given our remaining fixture list, he should be really careful and hopefully he can avoid some silly yellows.

And Kompany has seven yellows in English competitions.
should have done a Jose and gotten Pab sent off in the last minute at hull, one game suspension v Fulham and then free and clear for the run in ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.