City v Fulham pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea drop points, we win and one step closer to the title.

It's amazing how one good weekend can change your mood!

BlueTG said:
I'll take a 1-0 win here, as long it's comfortable enough.

Although I think a bit of form from our strikers is key here, either Dzeko keeping up from scoring against Hull or Negredo ending his barren spell.

Fulham will be starting to battle for their lives and all I can think about is April 2008 when they came here.

Our strikers getting back into form is so critical. We need them to score early and often again. That's what really set us apart from the other teams when we were lighting up the premiership earlier this season

Any news on Nastasic? Its been so long with his injury. With Kompany out, he would be a good inclusion in the side.

FredTilson said:
Any news on Nastasic? Its been so long with his injury. With Kompany out, he would be a good inclusion in the side.
Him and Jovetic back for this.

KippaxCitizen said:
FredTilson said:
Him and Jovetic back for this.

Is that a dead cert? It's very good news if it's true. In fact, I think we need to knock some goals in here — I'm not assuming it's a piece of piss, I'm saying it's what we need to do — firstly, to get that momentum going again and the confidence that flows with it, secondly, because Liverpool are now starting to be on our coat-tails, goal difference wise, and the destination of the Premiership, as in 2011-12, may just be decided by that. The full significance of those four against West Brom and six against Norwich really came home at the end of the QPR game (United had in fact overtaken our goal difference advantage before the West Brom game). To have a better goal difference than anyone else is, to me, like having an extra little hidden account in the bank. That, I think, is why I'd play two up front this Saturday. We don't need a packed midfield against Fulham - the four of Ferny, Silva, Nasri and one out of Garcia or Milner should do it (I repeat my conviction that Yaya looks as if he desperately needs a rest, which would bring him back fresh for the derby).

now we could stop worry about this:

The FA have decided to take no further action after Manchester City captain Kompany was pictured apparently making a controversial gesture with his hand towards the fourth official after being sent off at Hull on Saturday.

There were fears Kompany could have an extra game added to the automatic one-game ban for the dismissal and that would have ruled him out of the derby next Tuesday.

But the FA have accepted Kompnay's explanation for the gesture and decided no further action is deemed necessary and he will miss only the home clash with Fulham on Saturday.

Does anybody quite realize that it is months, literally, since we last lost away in the league? And that if you take away Chelsea, it is, quite simply, months since we've lost in the league. I've got a good feeling again about this run-in. The lads showed what the club motto means last Saturday.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Does anybody quite realize that it is months, literally, since we last lost away in the league? And that if you take away Chelsea, it is, quite simply, months since we've lost in the league. I've got a good feeling again about this run-in. The lads showed what the club motto means last Saturday.
Our annual defeat at Sunderland, wasn't it? November, I think.

FantasyIreland said:
NoahCity said:
carlosborba said:
I am worried about Zabaleta.

He got 8 Yellow Cards, two more until April 13 and he will be two match suspended.

We´ll play Fulham, United, Arsenal, Southampton and Liverpool, Four toughs games.

skybluesbrasil.blogspot.com.br
Maybe play Richards against Fulham?

Is he not injured again?
Besides,i'd rather we play Milner there,my faith in Richards has disappeared.

All day long the better option. Jimmy's versatility is both a blessing and a curse for him but I think he could fill the role perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.