CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

Palerider said:
Ok. we lost in Munich, we lost in Naples BUT if we had gone to defend there is no guarantee that we would have got your yearned for point anyway is there?

The only thing guaranteed in life is that we will eventually die.

And there is no guarantee we would be in a better position for the last game had we played defensive, counter-attacking or possession football. Come to think of it, there are no guarantees in football at all. Mind blowing thought, innit?

If I drive my car at 200 miles per hour I am not guaranteed to crash, but the odds are hell of a lot bigger than if I drive at 50 miles per hour.

Palerider said:
That's just conjecture. Aftertiming. Believe it or not, I actually think the tactics in Munich and Naples were wrong but that is probably down to my pessimistic nature.

Is that why you are advocating numbskull, all out, attacking football?

Palerider said:
The overwhelming evidence is that the successful sides are the attacking sides.

Brilliant. Then we don't need to study our opponents. Because no matter who they are, and under what circumstances, we should always full on attack. We should name that tactic after you "The Palerider The Stats Say So Attack".

Palerider said:
Over one or two games ( arsenal 2- 8, United 1-6, Spurs 1-5 ) those tactics can be ridiculed but long term they are the only tactics.

If you think the Chumps is the same thing as the PL, you need your head examined.

Palerider said:
Even the Italian teams don't play Italian anymore!

Great. Too bad that pesky team from Naples forgot they are Italian.

Comrade Buka said:
Palerider said:
Ok. we lost in Munich, we lost in Naples BUT if we had gone to defend there is no guarantee that we would have got your yearned for point anyway is there?

The only thing guaranteed in life is that we will eventually die.

And there is no guarantee we would be in a better position for the last game had we played defensive, counter-attacking or possession football. Come to think of it, there are no guarantees in football at all. Mind blowing thought, innit?

If I drive my car at 200 miles per hour I am not guaranteed to crash, but the odds are hell of a lot bigger than if I drive at 50 miles per hour.

Palerider said:
That's just conjecture. Aftertiming. Believe it or not, I actually think the tactics in Munich and Naples were wrong but that is probably down to my pessimistic nature.

Is that why you are advocating numbskull, all out, attacking football?

Palerider said:
The overwhelming evidence is that the successful sides are the attacking sides.

Brilliant. Then we don't need to study our opponents. Because no matter who they are, and under what circumstances, we should always full on attack. We should name that tactic after you "The Palerider The Stats Say So Attack".

Palerider said:
Over one or two games ( arsenal 2- 8, United 1-6, Spurs 1-5 ) those tactics can be ridiculed but long term they are the only tactics.

If you think the Chumps is the same thing as the PL, you need your head examined.

Palerider said:
Even the Italian teams don't play Italian anymore!

Great. Too bad that pesky team from Naples forgot they are Italian.

I think one word covers every answer. Barcelona

I don't really like to comment on a match I've seen live until I've had the chance to watch a rerun on MOTD etc but I really thought today that Atkinson was overly bias towards the bin dippers.

Thought there were a few choose tackles being throw in by dipper that went unpunished. At one point there were about three scousers dragging and kicking Milner who then retaliates and gets an immediate card.

Thought Mario was very unlucky to get a red.

And the behaviour of Suarez is contemptible. Always chucking himself down of the floor like he's been shot, signalling that someone should get booked. 1st class cheat IMO.

I actually thought Nasri was just getting into the game when he was taken off. I thought Johnson might give us a bit more width at that point not Balotelli.

MOTD just starting so I'm off.

Just saying..............

+ Some dirt bag kept farting and stinking the stand out where we were...........whoever you are you were rancid!!!!!

More and more teams will pack the midfield with five and try to cut off our supply. It worked quite well for Liverpool today, hard to tell if it would have if everyone was 100%. But it makes me think that we need a plan B and that is width, which means Johnson has to step up and be consistent enough that Mancini has faith to throw him on and possibly signing at least one winger with pace and the ability to single-handedly change a game. I know SWP probably isn't good enough for us now but if we had the option of him, we have no one like that in the squad anymore. Ditto Bellamy.

Considering that the home crowd refereed the second half, I suppose we've got to be happy with a point.
I don't think I've ever seen a worse bunch of cheats and divers than that Liverpool team, today. Suarez reminds me of the mock Ronaldo, in that everytime he loses the ball, he's pleading for a free kick/ pen/ card for an opponent. Adam & Lucas realised that were given carte blanche to hack and kick anybody they saw fit and duly obliged. I could go on. All in all, Liverpool were an embarrassment to the sport but it's hard to blame them if they've sussed out a weak-willed referee will buy every pup they sell him. The second yellow for Mario was pathetic refereeing in it's craven playing to the gallery - it's not Mr Atkinson's first dodgy sending off at anfield this year, either. At one stage (around 70th minute to the end) every single 50/50 challenge (especially in theiur half) seemed to result in a Liverpool free. I'd love to see the stats for that part of the game. It just beggared belief.

Liverpool are probably thrilled giddy with a point, today (God knows, the way the ref's authority unravelled almost into the realms of farce towards the end, they probably feel that they deserve all three).

Look forward to putting manners on them in January.

On the positive side. Sometimes when you are so emotionally involved you miss the obvious. Reading the newspaper reports virtually everyone is saying it was a cracking match. Some, the best of the season so far. This can only be good for City long term. As well as being successful if we are to join the elite clubs we need to be entertaining.

LoveCity said:
More and more teams will pack the midfield with five and try to cut off our supply. It worked quite well for Liverpool today, hard to tell if it would have if everyone was 100%. But it makes me think that we need a plan B and that is width, which means Johnson has to step up and be consistent enough that Mancini has faith to throw him on and possibly signing at least one winger with pace and the ability to single-handedly change a game. I know SWP probably isn't good enough for us now but if we had the option of him, we have no one like that in the squad anymore. Ditto Bellamy.

it worked so well for those cheating twats because we took too long to get the ball from back to front - we fooked around with it for far too long which allowed Dippers to set up.

We need to pass it quicker we were far far too predicatble

Was thinking Adam Johnson should have come on and Yaya off, but they took off Nasri who at least had a few good crosses and through balls.

Balotelli is a difference maker, but just when you think he has grown up he does something like that.

Did anyone else notice how good a game Barry had? Some beautiful passes out wide and I only noticed one misplaced pass. Looked like he was in Villa colors again.

BobbyQ90 said:
Was thinking Adam Johnson should have come on and Yaya off, but they took off Nasri who at least had a few good crosses and through balls.

Balotelli is a difference maker, but just when you think he has grown up he does something like that.

Did anyone else notice how good a game Barry had? Some beautiful passes out wide and I only noticed one misplaced pass. Looked like he was in Villa colors again.

Mario might make a differnec on occasion but surely you havent been silly enough to think he has grown up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.