CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

You only have to look at the cards given out to see what a **** the ref was , we had 4 booked and a sending off, they had Carroll booked on the 90th minute.
Suarez should have gone for diving alone.
They were do lucky it's untrue, apart from the deflected own goal everything bounced for them, when it didn't the ref made sure it was put right.
We are going to be champions and the refs, the media and fucking platini had better get used to it.

For L'pool: Lucas 91 touches, 75 passes (82%), 7 tackles, 6 ints.
For City: Barry 93 touches, 78 passes (88%), 5 tackles, 4 ints.

I didn't want to post during the game for fear of an awful jinx but my God Jordan Henderson is so, so, so shit.

andrewmswift said:
I didn't want to post during the game for fear of an awful jinx but my God Jordan Henderson is so, so, so shit.
Great value though at what was it £20 million???

Nelly's Left Foot said:
BobbyQ90 said:
Was thinking Adam Johnson should have come on and Yaya off, but they took off Nasri who at least had a few good crosses and through balls.

Balotelli is a difference maker, but just when you think he has grown up he does something like that.

Did anyone else notice how good a game Barry had? Some beautiful passes out wide and I only noticed one misplaced pass. Looked like he was in Villa colors again.

Mario might make a differnec on occasion but surely you havent been silly enough to think he has grown up?

Wouldn't call it silly, just a little too optimistic.

Liverpool fan here, gonna try (haven't had much sleep) and give my unbiased view.

1. The ref was awful. He wasn't biased towards us, he was just shite. He always is. Milner didn't handle the ball, Reina was lucky to get away with what he did and Balotelli's second booking was harsh.

2. However, Suarez had the shit kicked out of him. Yeah, I know, he goes down far too easy sometimes. We all hate to see it, but I'm struggling to think of a time yesterday were he genuinely went down without contact. I'll admit Adam dived at one stage but Micah Richards went down like a sack of shite with practically no contact too, and you got a free kick after Milner slipped.

3. Lucas didn't foul anybody so didn't deserve to be booked. Seriously, he was impeccable yesterday. Yeah, Adam goes into some tackles a little hard but none of yesterdays stick out in my mind as bookable offences. I only saw one replay of Aggers elbow on Aguero but from where I was sitting, he didn't even make contact with Agueros face. I'll make a note to check it out again later.

4. MotM was either Lucas or Hart. Genuinely impressed at Hart, I've never really rated him highly but after that performance, he's changed my mind. Lucas was, as I said, amazing. I know stats mean fuck all most of the time but:

Passes attempted 75
Passes completed 69
Success rate 92%

Tackles attempted 11
Tackles won 11

That's split into:

Duels won (aerial) 5/5
Duels won (tackle) 6/6

Interceptions 6

5. I think City should be happy with a point. Overall, I think we were the better side. If it wasn't for Joe Hart playing a blinder, that would have been a very different score.

6. The wingnut of a city fan who shouted "City" during the minute silence should be locked in a room with Bellamy and a golf club. That really lowered my opinion of City fans. Of course, I then saw a City fan with "Justice For the 96" on his shirt, so respect for that.

7. I'm pretty sure Kenny motioned for a drink with Mancini after the match. I really hope that happened.

8. Balotelli is a hero.

I have no idea if any of this makes sense. It's half 7 and I've got about an hour of sleep so I'm not exactly literate at the minute.

Great point. It should have been 3 if only they had listened to me shouting at the telly,"keep the ball!"

well below par today, should have wrapped it up in first half,worse paqssing and keeping ball ive seen from us all season, as far as liverpool never have i seen so much blatant diving and trying to get ppl booked in years, it was disgusting tbh, atkinson didnt help matters, hes a total nob imo, says something when our motm was hart 2day, very sloppy city 2day, maybe still buzzing for the midweek CL game.
one point though, we all seen what liverpool where playing at wtf did mancini put mario on, surely its like adding a match to a powderkeg, bad decision imo, but on bright side its a point, still unbeaten and still top, so chins up

this is how a team become champions, when everything goes against a team and even the ref may as well pull on an opposition shirt,it seems every ricochet landed at their feet, so much bad luck 2day, a seasons worth at least,lol but we still got a point, thats champions for you imo

I just think Atkinson is a weak ref and Liverpool players new that and took advantage he should never ref a big game again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.