City v Liverpool Post Match

robbieh said:
chesterbells said:
The cookie monster said:
And who do we get then?

Are you suggesting you dont think there are any better managers out there?

I think he wants some names.

All irrelevant as Mancini is going nowhere. If he was being sacked then Txiki and Soriano would have moved heaven and earth to get Guardiola here. The fact that Pep is going to Germany suggests to me that Mancini will see out his contract and then Guardiola comes in after doing a good job at Bayern. If Pep fucks up we will look elsewhere, if he is a success then he will be about 45 years old. Perfect for us and all the talent we are going to develop.
You really think we put all our eggs in one basket for 5 years that is more naive than a 14yr old believing in Santa, always have a back up plan in business

Lucky to get away with a point today. Credit has to be given to Liverpool who set their stall out well and stuck to their game plan. They pressed high and worked very hard off the ball. Sturridge was excellent up front for them.I don't think our strikers pressed nearly enough and we allowed Liverpool lots of time and space in the middle.
Missed an opportunity to clear the ball before Sturridge scored and allowed Gerard far too much time to pick his spot. Not our best day at the office and 4 points dropped off the pace in a week is poor. Need to pull our socks up and giet all the points at Southampton.
I am disappointed tonight because recently I thought we were starting to look like going on a bit of a run.

City Raider said:
balo and ndj gone, nastasic, maicon, garcia and sinclair in - not hard to work out the problem

we invested heavily to reach the top and stopped once we got there

whether its because mancini is 'deadman walking', as more and more media seem to believe, or it's something else, it needs sorting in the summer

Balo was a waste of space, 90 per cent of the time. NDJ who I loved is a limited player. Garcia has more upward potential than him. Maicon is a world class attacking fullback still. He has a great delivery and it almost paid off today. Rodwell has been injured most of the time.

Sinclair I admit does not look the requisite quality. So I reckon we have a better squad this year.

What has happened is that our standout players last year, Kun, Yaya and Silva have due to injuries or not played well below their level. That is hurting us.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
robbieh said:
chesterbells said:
Are you suggesting you dont think there are any better managers out there?

I think he wants some names.

All irrelevant as Mancini is going nowhere. If he was being sacked then Txiki and Soriano would have moved heaven and earth to get Guardiola here. The fact that Pep is going to Germany suggests to me that Mancini will see out his contract and then Guardiola comes in after doing a good job at Bayern. If Pep fucks up we will look elsewhere, if he is a success then he will be about 45 years old. Perfect for us and all the talent we are going to develop.
You really think we put all our eggs in one basket for 5 years that is more naive than a 14yr old believing in Santa, always have a back up plan in business

I'm sure we will have back up plans. Which is why the much repeated notion that the people in charge have made a decision on the manager with a third of a season to go a nonsense.

That was the best I have seen a Liverpool side play in the last three years. We were outmanouvered in Midfield and they played at pace and with vision. We did well to come away with a point in the end. Shocking of the Ref to miss the Foul on Dzeko but their was still a lot of play before Sturridge actually scored and I have no complaints with them not knocking the Ball out.

Milner easily our man of the match today.

I didn't hear no bell, that's what Rocky said.

Those bastards are counting on us quitting.

We can tear the arse out of plenty shortcomings this season, but the cold hard facts aren't about Van Persie, or how better United supposedly are.

Our home record is the only reason we are now nine points behind.

Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, six points dropped.

United loss, another three.

Simple as that. Certain players in our squad don't have the required mentality to sustain success on a consistent basis.

Liverpool deserved a point. We were okay, overall. Big gap in attacking midfield today for too long and Barry and García are ssllooww! But other than that we worked hard and earnt a point.

We missed Yaya today more than I've ever seen us miss a player for years.

Don't know why there were so many people moaning about Liverpool not kicking the ball out; they we're right to play on. And worse, why the fuck were our players half asleep pointing to the side of the pitch for them to kick it out? I NEVER want us to kick it out when the reverse happens, never (oh, unless it looks like a bad head clash or something). PLAY TO THE WHISTLE!

9 points is still catchable. There's a long way to go and it's not over 'til it's over.

I've seen every Prem game this season and in my opinion, we've only been 2nd best twice. Both to Liverpool (I know this will be unpopular with some but its how I see it). Down to pace on the ball on both occasions. BUT we've fought back and got a point both times. Today, I thought Milner was outstanding, Edin spat his dummy out and Sergio scored an unbelievable goal. Given the players who have to return, its like signing millions of pounds worth of players. Keep the faith!!

Just got in from the match and I learned 3 things today:

1. Liverpool are an improving team under Rogers.
2. City are running out of ideas
3. United to win the league, not because they are 9 points ahead, but because they are the better team this season.

On the plus side, this is a transitional season for the new excutive management and they will develop a strategy for the future including player changes in the summer. We can't win the league every year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.