City v Liverpool Post Match

The cookie monster said:
chesterbells said:
The cookie monster said:
I just want to know who we will replace him with
Did you not understand my question?

Of course I understood your question, I just choosing to draw from it what I think you are inferring - which I don't agree with. I could have just come out with a name - Mourinho for example - but that would just veer off into a discussion about him.
Anyway, there you go, Ive given you a name: now, did you understand my question?
Yes swap a manager who is 9 points behind for one who is not far off 20 behind in his league,and way behind 2nd place too
Seems a like a good plan.

Is that 'yes' to my question to you, or just a sarcastic yes about JM?

If its the latter I'll give the Mourinho thread a bump cos I dont see the point in going over it all again here, only to say that career record wise I'd take JM, - and - if you did a survey of fellow managers, of players, and probably of national/ European fans I'd bet JM would come out higher than RM in every poll.

The reason I asked you the question I did because rather than twist it into an anti Mourinho discussion, it seems more relevant to discuss the manager we do have.

The cookie monster said:
scousemanc said:
Just got in from the match and I learned 3 things today:

1. Liverpool are an improving team under Rogers.
2. City are running out of ideas
3. United to win the league, not because they are 9 points ahead, but because they are the better team this season.

On the plus side, this is a transitional season for the new excutive management and they will develop a strategy for the future including player changes in the summer. We can't win the league every year.
Must admit i keep hearing this,and on the way home it was non stop on the radio how much better they are than last year

They have gone out earlier in the f a cup than last season
They have gone out of the league cup earlier than last season
They have less points at this stage than they did last season

Yet they are improving!!!!

Oh come on if you can't see the improvement in them under rogers you aren't looking hard enough. They were the best team today and best team on Wednesday against arsenal and were unlucky not to take 6 points.

They will be top 4 again next season with 2/3 more decent signings.

summerseat blue said:
manimanc said:
Is there a queue at the top of the cliffedge??

Get a fucking grip everybody,13 games left and people throwing the towel in..

Its the tortoise and the hare,them lot are home n dry in their deluded little minds and are getting the silver polish out as we speak..
Us?? We're quite happily plodding along with the rag hare in our sights and ready to reel them in,it'll take time,we will do it but they will drop points at the wrong time and we will claw the 9pts back......i have the same gut feeling as last year....

Let the games begin!!
my feelings exactly . 8 points with 6 games to go and they bottled it. They can do it again . Believe blues.
They were shit last season, much much better this season. We were good this season, this season I can count on one hand good games, so many little things making huge problems.

If anyone thinks they will drop off again it's more like blue blindfold than blue tinted glasses

need two creative AM players in summer, top class CM, a striker if one goes and maybe a right footed CB

personally i'd be fine with dzeko-aguero-tevez-gudetti as a strikeforce but we have to create way, way more clear chances than we have been all year

summerseat blue said:
manimanc said:
Is there a queue at the top of the cliffedge??

Get a fucking grip everybody,13 games left and people throwing the towel in..

Its the tortoise and the hare,them lot are home n dry in their deluded little minds and are getting the silver polish out as we speak..
Us?? We're quite happily plodding along with the rag hare in our sights and ready to reel them in,it'll take time,we will do it but they will drop points at the wrong time and we will claw the 9pts back......i have the same gut feeling as last year....

Let the games begin!!
my feelings exactly . 8 points with 6 games to go and they bottled it. They can do it again . Believe blues.
I believe we can still do it, and I am sure the players still do

We need to go another little run of wins and then see where that takes us. A third of the season to go with a game at Old Trafford. Utd still have to play some very difficult games and I think if we can put another run together we can get back in it

Perfect timing to get Kolo and Yaya Toure back. And the most encouraging thing for me was the last 20 minutes of Sergio Aguero. I've been waiting all season for that. And i'm not just referring to the goal. if the rest of the team take their lead from that, there's still a good chance we can win the league<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:47 pm --<br /><br />
andrewmswift said:
need two creative AM players in summer, top class CM, a striker if one goes and maybe a right footed CB

personally i'd be fine with dzeko-aguero-tevez-gudetti as a strikeforce but we have to create way, way more clear chances than we have been all year
Go to EPL Index and you will find that we are creating loads of chances.

the problem has been not in chance creation, but chance conversion

Today was not a typical City game. Liverpool matched us in terms of possession.

Not sure what is going on with Mancini, we seem unable to work with maximum effort throughout the entire team at once, only in scraps. Free kicks, corners and throw-ins squandered. chances treated way to casual. I hope its not the case he's given up because he knows he's leaving!?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The cookie monster said:
scousemanc said:

3. United to win the league, not because they are 9 points ahead, but because they are the better team this season.

On the plus side, this is a transitional season for the new excutive management and they will develop a strategy for the future including player changes in the summer. We can't win the league every year.
Must admit i keep hearing this,and on the way home it was non stop on the radio how much better they are than last year

Oh come on if you can't see the improvement in them under rogers you aren't looking hard enough. They were the best team today and best team on Wednesday against arsenal and were unlucky not to take 6 points.

They will be top 4 again next season with 2/3 more decent signings.
They can get thrashed at home off villa
Then play us off the park
Unpredictable mate

The cookie monster said:
scousemanc said:

Their improving that much that it will be their season next year ;-)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
robbieh said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I didn't hear no bell, that's what Rocky said.

Those bastards are counting on us quitting.

We can tear the arse out of plenty shortcomings this season, but the cold hard facts aren't about Van Persie, or how better United supposedly are.

Our home record is the only reason we are now nine points behind.

Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, six points dropped.

United loss, another three.

Simple as that. Certain players in our squad don't have the required mentality to sustain success on a consistent basis.

I am curious. Nasri obviously springs to mind. But who are the others?

I defo believe the likes of Nasri, Mario, Barry, Tevez, Dzeko and Lescott feel they have fulfilled their brief.

Whether it be down to advancing years, wanting out or at odds with the manager.

Nasri can go for me.

Mario has gone.

Dzeko id cash in , and get an upgrade, falcao?

Lescott id let go too.

Id keep Barry as a squad player.

Tevez.........hmmmmmm not sure to be honest.

Impressed with Liverpool today. Very impressed with Sturridge, who looked a real, fast livewire. I know its no use crying over spilt milk, but, when you see what he bought to the table, I wonder how much more he could have offerred us in the last 3 years or so if things had been different - and how much better he might have become with more regular football at City or Chelsea.
As for City, we were second best for large parts of the game and I'm grateful for the point. We need Yaya back from Africa with his 'A' game, driving us on for the rest of the season, forwards putting away their chances, and no more dropped points for a while. Let United's wobble start against Everton next week, but, Southampton away for us - they have to be put firmly in their place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.