City v Liverpool Post Match

jimharri said:
grim up north said:
We have played worse than that and have won. Full credit to the dippers first premiership team to come and have a go in ages.
Since the vermin a couple of months ago.

Did they really have a go. Just hit us on the counter. Dippers had a go

Blue2112 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
andrewmswift said:
think zaba was burnt out after playing so many in a row. glad to see maicon back, he looked dangerous. thought when he was put through by kun that we had a goal coming

Why didn't he shoot? 2 mins of injury time to go and he passes. Crazy.

Because its symptomatic of our style of football, get yourself in the box in a scoring opportunity and then look to pass it to somebody else. If Gerrards goal had fell to any City player in a similar position at the other end of the pitch then instead of shooting we'd have looked to play it sideways to another blue shirt. Its screaming out for us to shoot so many times every game and yet we just seem unwilling to take a chance.
Could say that about sturridge's goal as well,we never seem to have a pop at goal from distance,wonder if there is any stats for this we would probably have had the least number of strikes from outside the box than the rest of the league..

summerseat blue said:
The cookie monster said:
forevermancity said:
Is that how football works in your mind?
No mate he is also a **** :)
who wants a manager is a total fucking wanker . ie mourinho.

Wrong question. Who wants a manager who's the best there is at his job? That's a better question.
Football doesn't care what sort of person you are (within certain limits) nor should it.
Do Liverpool fans want rid of Suarez? Did City fans not want Bellamy? Did/ do Chelsea fans & players not love Mourinho & would have him back in a heartbeat? Do them lot not want ferguson? Etc etc
I don't accept your description of him, but even if I did, I couldn't care less if he's a winner (which he is). Our owners may think differently of course & agree with you ;)

Liverpool played well, closed us down early and didn't let us get our foot on the ball and play football. I bit like Dortmund but they are not as good. We let them shoot from 30 yards twice without anyone in our team closing them down. Joe Hart did not have his best day for me. In the end a draw was a fair result. Thirty nine points to play for, not all over yet but we need to be better than today to win the league.

I'll take a crack at this from a Liverpool point of view, please don't abuse me if you disagree!

I thought we started the better team, but your goal was a very good one. You cut us open with some crisp passing and Agger was a bit lazy, got caught behind the defensive line and therefore the offside trap failed.

As for our goal, it was clearly a foul on Dzeko but the ref said play on. From there I don't think we were wrong to play on and I doubt Dzeko was hurt, as he sprung up without any treatment after we'd scored. I think Garcia had a poor game and his defending was poor, but it was still a very good strike by Sturridge.

I thought we started the second half really well and you didn't really look that threatening. We made a few chances before Gerrard scored a 'Gerrard' goal.

Aguero seemed to liven up, and his finish was fantastic although I have no idea what Pepe Reina was doing. A few years ago I rated him as one of the world's best keepers, but his form hasn't been great for a while now. I'm not sure if his head is elsewhere but he's not performing well at all.

Aguero was probably your best player, along with Milner who put in some dangerous crosses. I thought that was one of the best performances we've had all season and I'm disappointed that we only got one point.

I'd have taken a point before the game, but similar to the Arsenal game I can't help feeling that we threw two points away.

Hope you guys go on a run now and win the league!

StevenLFC said:
I'll take a crack at this from a Liverpool point of view, please don't abuse me if you disagree!

I thought we started the better team, but your goal was a very good one. You cut us open with some crisp passing and Agger was a bit lazy, got caught behind the defensive line and therefore the offside trap failed.

As for our goal, it was clearly a foul on Dzeko but the ref said play on. From there I don't think we were wrong to play on and I doubt Dzeko was hurt, as he sprung up without any treatment after we'd scored. I think Garcia had a poor game and his defending was poor, but it was still a very good strike by Sturridge.

I thought we started the second half really well and you didn't really look that threatening. We made a few chances before Gerrard scored a 'Gerrard' goal.

Aguero seemed to liven up, and his finish was fantastic although I have no idea what Pepe Reina was doing. A few years ago I rated him as one of the world's best keepers, but his form hasn't been great for a while now. I'm not sure if his head is elsewhere but he's not performing well at all.

Aguero was probably your best player, along with Milner who put in some dangerous crosses. I thought that was one of the best performances we've had all season and I'm disappointed that we only got one point.

I'd have taken a point before the game, but similar to the Arsenal game I can't help feeling that we threw two points away.

Sums it up pretty well.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
StevenLFC said:

Fair summary. Sturridge was a danger throughout, him and Milner best players on the park. Neither team did quite enough to win.

StevenLFC said:

Fair assessment...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.