City v Liverpool Post Match

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
StevenLFC said:
I'll take a crack at this from a Liverpool point of view, please don't abuse me if you disagree!

I thought we started the better team, but your goal was a very good one. You cut us open with some crisp passing and Agger was a bit lazy, got caught behind the defensive line and therefore the offside trap failed.

As for our goal, it was clearly a foul on Dzeko but the ref said play on. From there I don't think we were wrong to play on and I doubt Dzeko was hurt, as he sprung up without any treatment after we'd scored. I think Garcia had a poor game and his defending was poor, but it was still a very good strike by Sturridge.

I thought we started the second half really well and you didn't really look that threatening. We made a few chances before Gerrard scored a 'Gerrard' goal.

Aguero seemed to liven up, and his finish was fantastic although I have no idea what Pepe Reina was doing. A few years ago I rated him as one of the world's best keepers, but his form hasn't been great for a while now. I'm not sure if his head is elsewhere but he's not performing well at all.

Aguero was probably your best player, along with Milner who put in some dangerous crosses. I thought that was one of the best performances we've had all season and I'm disappointed that we only got one point.

I'd have taken a point before the game, but similar to the Arsenal game I can't help feeling that we threw two points away.

Hope you guys go on a run now and win the league!

Sums it up pretty well.
spot on. Good luck with the remainder of the season.

Anyone else think Joe was out of order with what he said about Kun on the OS interview?

StevenLFC said:
I'll take a crack at this from a Liverpool point of view, please don't abuse me if you disagree!

I thought we started the better team, but your goal was a very good one. You cut us open with some crisp passing and Agger was a bit lazy, got caught behind the defensive line and therefore the offside trap failed.

As for our goal, it was clearly a foul on Dzeko but the ref said play on. From there I don't think we were wrong to play on and I doubt Dzeko was hurt, as he sprung up without any treatment after we'd scored. I think Garcia had a poor game and his defending was poor, but it was still a very good strike by Sturridge.

I thought we started the second half really well and you didn't really look that threatening. We made a few chances before Gerrard scored a 'Gerrard' goal.

Aguero seemed to liven up, and his finish was fantastic although I have no idea what Pepe Reina was doing. A few years ago I rated him as one of the world's best keepers, but his form hasn't been great for a while now. I'm not sure if his head is elsewhere but he's not performing well at all.

Aguero was probably your best player, along with Milner who put in some dangerous crosses. I thought that was one of the best performances we've had all season and I'm disappointed that we only got one point.

I'd have taken a point before the game, but similar to the Arsenal game I can't help feeling that we threw two points away.

A pretty fair assesment, but I am afraid as for your last comment it is over for us this season as the performance in the game mirrored our Champions League performances this season.

zimmerman said:
Anyone else think Joe was out of order with what he said about Kun on the OS interview?

I was surprised but then I do wonder if football fans think every single word should be cosy and nice. I would like to see City stop these little things though in after match interviews.

Joe said something along the lines of Kun made no impact on the game up to his goal.

Blue2112 said:
zimmerman said:

I was surprised but then I do wonder if football fans think every single word should be cosy and nice. I would like to see City stop these little things though in after match interviews.

Joe said something along the lines of Kun made no impact on the game up to his goal.

Which is true. Did he say anything about how shit he was?

StevenLFC said:

All fair points

I'm not sure I like the Saurez in midfield and Sturridge up top set-up but I thought Liverpool thoroughly deserved a point and were the best league team I've seen at City this season.

I have been suggesting for some time that Liverpool may make the 4th spot and are steadily improving, but I think you really needed to win today after Spurs and Arsenal won.

Long term I think Suarez may leave if you don't get in the Champions League, and I'd love him at City

I think City will go on a run again, although we have two very difficult League games ahead of us in Southampton away and Chelsea at home.

Blue2112 said:
zimmerman said:

That type of stuff should be kept in house IMO.

Thought it was very strange to pick Aguero out like that - Kun had a very good second half, the only guy that looked likely to make things happen.

Cant understand anyone defending Dzeko today, so he puts away a tap in but apart from that how exactly did he contribute? As for Liverpool's first, if he uses that frame of his to better affect he potentially controls that ball and releases to a blue shirt, but no to no surprise he drops like hes been shot and they counter.

Do have some symthapy for the forwards though as our midfield have created sod all this season and they are feeding off scraps all the time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.