City v Liverpool Post Match

The cookie monster said:
Uwes Grandad said:
Poor team performance with no Plan B.

Dzeko did nothing for 89 minutes and would have had him off at half time.

He has scored 6 goals in his last 6 starts,good work singling him out though.

We are talking about today when apart from a tap in he was so ineffective

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
Its a football match, not a tea and scone party.
Let me make it quite clear. Sturridge was let go because of his attitude not his financial demands (this £50k a week was fictional). Having been bummed off by us and Chelsea, he's hopefully realised he has to work at it to be taken seriously and boy he worked at it today.

I can only assume from the last few performances that Mancini knows he's out this season and doesn't give a fuck anymore. We're just not playing in the way that gets us wins. No pressure, sloooow movement of the ball and little movement off it.
Have to agree with the Mancini thing might as well stamp dead man walking on his forehead
And who do we get then?

waspish said:
Silva worse game for us today it was just one of those games wherw everything he did didnt work! a draw was a good draw today We were just not on it great goal by Aguero as well
Silva should hve been subbed at half time. He had a mare today. It happens, but Mancini shoul dhave acted sooner. Maybe give one of the non-regulars a chance.

uwerosler28 said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
ffs! get a grip.

Rewind four years....Can you imagine we would be moaning now that we have ONLY finished second in the premiership.......

Anyhow, it's never over till the fat lady sings......we proved that last season.
most pointless argument ever we cant be unhappy now because we used to be worse by that reckoning we should just be happy as long as we aren't in league 1 as once we were

Absolutely 100%. The most redundant argument. Sick & tired of hearing this trotted out. 'Don't forget to know your place, be thankful for what we've got, remember when we were liddle ol city, haven't we come a long way, eh?' blah blah bollocks

Liverpool controlled the game for the most part and we couldn't handle Sturridge and Suarez. That said, their goals were entirely preventable. No one in midfield to close down the player quickly enough on both occasions. Barry and Garcia do not have enough speed. This has to be addressed. Milner worked so hard today but the quality is just not there with the final ball from him. Need to move him inside for Barry or Garcia when YaYa comes back.

9 points is not insurmountable. On today's level of perfomance it is though.

Mancini needs to take the reins off and just go for it in each game now. Blitz Southampton...attack them down the flanks Sinclair or Lopes or whoever. Throw some speed at them and give them something to worry about.

Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
mscenterh750 said:
Got to agree with you maig, I've not ling got back and the singing to Sturridge was pretty shit, the guy wanted a better deal (who in work doesn't ?), and looking at what money we wasted bringing Santa Cruz, Adebayor and Jo in, really is quite embarrassing and would've been better spent on keeping an academy talent at the club. Thought he was electric today, and if it was me getting the abuse like that, I would've celebrated, but fair play to the lad for showing some decency and class, just a shame some of our fans don't behave in such a manner.

Let me make it quite clear. Sturridge was let go because of his attitude not his financial demands (this £50k a week was fictional). Having been bummed off by us and Chelsea, he's hopefully realised he has to work at it to be taken seriously and boy he worked at it today.

I can only assume from the last few performances that Mancini knows he's out this season and doesn't give a fuck anymore. We're just not playing in the way that gets us wins. No pressure, sloooow movement of the ball and little movement off it.

I've never believed he did leave for financial reasons. And I would have happily had him back here for the price the scousers paid.

But I'm not sure what that has to do with my post.

The rest isn't worthy of a reply.

Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
mscenterh750 said:
Got to agree with you maig, I've not ling got back and the singing to Sturridge was pretty shit, the guy wanted a better deal (who in work doesn't ?), and looking at what money we wasted bringing Santa Cruz, Adebayor and Jo in, really is quite embarrassing and would've been better spent on keeping an academy talent at the club. Thought he was electric today, and if it was me getting the abuse like that, I would've celebrated, but fair play to the lad for showing some decency and class, just a shame some of our fans don't behave in such a manner.

Think you have hit the nail on the head PB.

jimharri said:
Akira said:
soccerfan88 said:
We had no midfield. I don't know what it was today, but we lost possesion in midfield far too much. Defence looked poor. Silva today was awful. Aguero scored an amazing goal, but in the first half he was completley clueless. We need a new coach. I think that is the problem. We just don't look motivated.
You guys just don't know how much faith we have in that man.
And what about the owners? Have they the same amount of faith in RM as the majority of blues have? Because it won't matter what us fans think; if the Sheikh and his fellow board members aren't happy with the regression since last season, then Bob will be on very thin ice come the summer.

And if they are you'll just have to wait.

I dont understand why we go ahead and take a free kick when the opposition wall is clearly walked 4 yards to the ball. No way would other top teams take the kick, they'd get the ref to do his job as many times as required to get the bastards back. It does seem like we are not trying hard enough against anyone. Mancini has two problems to solve:

1. work out an effective plan against teams parking the bus
2. get the team to try harder throughout a game, press harder throughtout a game, not piss away corners throw ins and free kicks, treat ALL chances as precious. It boils down to being more ruthless and professional. We just look to casual from the back to the front.

He also perhaps needs to start some clever comments about refs. Refs are very hard on us and in distinctly sneaky way.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:

Have to agree with the Mancini thing might as well stamp dead man walking on his forehead

Wow...your amazing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.