City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

The Napoli players seemed extremely fit for a team that's only played one game this season - and that was last weekend so it'll be interesting to play them when they're supposedly upto speed.

I know it seems like we've dropped points tonight but I think Napoli are no back number and the point we got may prove to be very valuable in a group that looks as though its gonna be a tight one.

loffers said:
bert38 said:
We were far too open for my liking. Yaya cannot play in centre mid in that formation-he simply does not do enough when we dont have the ball. If we are to play with so many attacking players, with full-backs pushing so high up the pitch, we need Barry and DeJong to sit.

Yaya is superb with the ball but lazy without it. Fine when playing as he did last year in front of the midfield 2, but not in this formation.
He was MoM by a country mile , for us anyway. Well played Napoli, well done city for coming back

watch again when we dont have possession. He does not try to get goal side. We cannot play like that against anyone decent.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, decent side are Napoli.

We are going to have to be bang up for our away games, saying that though I expect us to be good away due to the forward talent at our disposal.

Comrade Buka said:
BlueMooner87 said:
MCC said:
Vinny diving in unnecessarily and Lavezzi hit the post.

Vinny fannying about on the ball on the touchline and giving their guy a 1 vs 1 against Hart. Reminiscent of Vinny fannying about against the Rags.

Vinny saving on the line though. I do love Vinny, but he needs to learn. Franco Baresi he ain`t.

I can`t remember what Lescott did too wrong to be honest.

Scapegoat.
vinny also cleared off the line and made a couple of very important last ditch challenges. Lescott played well only thing that frustrates me is he scored for fun while at everton and with us he is lacking.

I don't think it is a matter of picking a scapegoat we played ok, Napoli stopped us from playing and did it well.

and remember if those shots that hit the bar went in it would be a different matter now.

And if their cross bar had gone in?

Er, we would have won 2-1 instead of 2-0?

intheknow! said:
shaun said:
I don't think Tevez gives a fuck anymore,apart from one burst into the box he did nothing in the game,anyone see and hear the comments about his warm up?And before anyone starts I thought the same when he fluffed that pen against Wigan.

No, what were they?

On the coverage I saw Ray Wilkins thought that the reason Tevez was so off the pace when he came on was that he hadn't bothered to warm up properly,they showed footage of it as well.He looked like he couldn't give a toss.It was also commented on in the match summary.Am I the only one who saw this?

Mr Trebus said:
I'm wondering what Adrian Durham is going to say tomorrow? He'll get all the sad rags emailing him after his City are better than Barca claims.

City will never be as good as Barca whilst they have Messi. Messi is one in a million and why Barca as so fucking good. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.