City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

RyantheBlue said:
Lot of poor performances tonight from big players.
Dzeko was okay.
Aguero ineffective.
Silva quiet by his standards.
Yaya bad.
I really do not understand this Yaya is bad argument, did you watch the same game as me?

loffers said:
bert38 said:
loffers said:
He was MoM by a country mile , for us anyway. Well played Napoli, well done city for coming back

watch again when we dont have possession. He does not try to get goal side. We cannot play like that against anyone decent.
sorry bert but he was everywhere tonight, if you are saying he should be dropped then that is outrageous , he showed all his experience and class tonight

I said watch it again. Far too many occasions when yaya is happy for others to do his running. We need to play DeJong with Barry and Yaya in front of them in these games-more pragmatic.

watching the highlights now why didn't lescott stay with his man , kompany had to run over and try do his job.

I'm very surprised Yaya's come in for some criticism. I thought he was arguably one of the best players on the park.

It's going to be interesting to see how Nigel and Yaya play together in behind a front four. I think that's going to be a fearsome combination.

I really enjoyed it, Thought Napoli were very good. The two best teams to play in a match at Eastlands.

They gave us areally hard test, Thought we were on the ropes after their goal. Came back well.

Its in a game as tough as this that you realise that Nasri-Silva-Dzeko-Aguero are only playing their 2nd match together and, despite the Spurs match, will take time to gel in all situations.

+ that pass back from kompany to hart , had a mini heartattack<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:48 pm --<br /><br />am just happy with a point! first time in champs league am still buzzing

loffers said:
RyantheBlue said:
Lot of poor performances tonight from big players.
Dzeko was okay.
Aguero ineffective.
Silva quiet by his standards.
Yaya bad.
I really do not understand this Yaya is bad argument, did you watch the same game as me?

i thought yaya and dzeko were our 2 best players.
amazing how we can watch the same game yet everyone sees it so so differently

Napoli played a 5 man defence, and we played with no overlapping fullbacks, hence no width, and when you pack a defence and try and attack thru the middle, the game gets narrow, its pretty tough going, and suits the defending side.

Once Gael and AJ came on, we seemed to push them back more, its a shame he took Edin off at the same time they came on, as once we had width we had no target man. He should have taken Kun off IMO.

That said, it was a good game, it is certainly a heads up to the quality of Champs League football, and with tweak or two here and there and a bit more luck on the night, i think we will progress.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.