City v Newcastle post match thread

very happy with the performance (especially from new boys), but i don't want to get too excited. the back line untested, and Lescott looks uncomfortable with the ball. he miss pass several time, and thank god it is just Newcastle (no disrespect). in another games, top players will punish it if they realize and manipulate his weaknesses. the same goes for Garcia. we need more versatile ball playing CB in our team. the one who are not just tackling, but also comfortable with the ball at their feet.

If Kompany have lengthy injury, we will be in trouble. we will be leaderless at the back. still need cover for the CB, though. hopefully MP will sign another experienced & born leader CB (Rami or Pepe) before the transfer window close.

Lescott was good enough in the title season, but he sort of carved a niche playing next to Vinny. It's worrisome if he's our best CB. Hopefully Nasti will be back soon. Garcia at CB won't work. He'll get exploited in the air.

If there's a silver lining to our problem at the back, I think it's that we'll be the easily the most dangerous offensive team in the PL this season. We are much improved in front w/ Negredo, Navas, Jovetic and Fernandinho was brilliant today linking play and pestering Toons' midfielders. Good job our next few fixtures are Cardiff, Hull, and Stoke, and we don't see Trafford United for over a month.

Overall, despite Vinny going down, I'm encouraged.

Thought we were fantastic overall and there were so many positives. However, in the interest of adding some different comment to the thread, I thought Fernandino needs a few games to get used to the pace of the PL. He's clearly a quality player and I have no doubt he will do well, but he got caught out a few times last night I thought.

It should also be mentioned that Newcastle were shockingly bad, especially with 10 men, and I suspect the rags or chavs would have thumped them as well.

Our problems last season were with teams that pressed us all over the park and didn't let us settle. Teams that played a more open game - like last night - we invariably beat. So last night was not much of a test, but nevertheless it was a great win and a great start. You can only beat what is in front of you, as they say.

dctid said:
Difficult to complainthought Navas was excellent and Fernandinho looked pretty good - really pleased with Nasri though when he came in his work rate was excellent hpefully we now have the player we thought we bought

Whats clear is that teams are going to press us high and try and pinch the ball or make City kick it long almost worked a few times but its the first game of the season and a happy bunny

Pissed with Vinny any news?

Agreed about Nasri. When he came on and played centrally he chased everything down, looked really hungry and eager to impress.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:36 am --<br /><br />
dctid said:
Difficult to complainthought Navas was excellent and Fernandinho looked pretty good - really pleased with Nasri though when he came in his work rate was excellent hpefully we now have the player we thought we bought

Whats clear is that teams are going to press us high and try and pinch the ball or make City kick it long almost worked a few times but its the first game of the season and a happy bunny

Pissed with Vinny any news?

Agreed about Nasri. When he came on and played centrally he chased everything down, looked really hungry and eager to impress.

Which got him his goal and created another chance for Dzeko.

Awesome performance. Everyone put a shift in. I hope we play with that intensity away from home aswell. Going to be an interesting season that's for sure!

Excellent. That showed why it's important to get new players in early.
They've all had a good pre-season together and it showed. Now we can see why
Pelle played Fernandinho a lot pre season,he knew his position was pivotal and
now he's already up and running like he's had a season under his belt.

Couldn't be happier with start to the season.

Hope Vinny is ok, Dzeko was unlucky not to have a goal, definitely deserved one!

Negredo's goal was also 2 yards onside.

Overall, very chuffed.

Bring on Cardiff!

Very happy with the result. But it's just one game, if we can keep it up, great, but its hard to say we're gonna do this and that now because of one good performance.

Must say, I thought we pressed very well and Navas and Fernandinho both looked really good.

Could do with a CB for cover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.