City v Newcastle post match thread

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
The first time I've ever said during the dying minutes that I'd give the MoTM to Edin Dzeko.

Who would you have picked after Dzeko?

I thought Navas was up there, produced a lot of chances and quality game to say it was his league debut.

Dzeko did well last night and he was like a new signing.
Navas and Fernandhino made good solid debuts and I thought Lescott did well even though they were poor.

Overall though Silva was the one who made everything tick last night and he was my MOTM

bigdavecox90 said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
The first time I've ever said during the dying minutes that I'd give the MoTM to Edin Dzeko.

Who would you have picked after Dzeko?

I thought Navas was up there, produced a lot of chances and quality game to say it was his league debut.

Silva, Navas, Aguero in that order....

Just seems to be when our midfield click we can really take it to the opposition, last season our midfield was not hitting form and we struggled to kill teams off...... Last night reminded me of the way we played the season before last but with the added bonus of which each player was fighting to win the ball back as quick as they lost it more so David Silva who looks at his best.

The games against Chelsea will be a great game as we both have strong midfields, it'll be a more tense game then the derby and that's without suggesting that the derby won't be a tense one!

edin should have had four, vinny crocked, geordies nearly had a couple of shots on target, there were two empty seats near me, there was none of the so called amstel at the bar and some people left early.

pelligrini out!

Was nowhere near holistic enough for m. Sorry, but i think Pellegrini is on thin ice

It just looks like MP wants to play attacking football...he made a very good point by saying we looked offensive even when we didn't have possession.

This is going to be a very exciting season!

Lots of positives already mentioned so I'll only say that, good as Dzeko's play may have been, he is no RvP and needs to show that killer instinct in front of goal to be truly reborn. Squandering chances was (one of) last year's problems; it should not be an option now. Still, this was just the first game of the season.

Not sure how Navas did not get mom but these things don't really matter.

He was a constant out let for the team, and his long cross-field passes were something I did not expect.

I don't think I have ever seen a winger so involved in a game for 90 mins

Marvin said:
Not sure how Navas did not get mom but these things don't really matter.

He was a constant out let for the team, and his long cross-field passes were something I did not expect.

I don't think I have ever seen a winger so involved in a game for 90 mins

A team transformed. The shackles were off. The enjoyment was back. We looked refreshed and enthusiastic. Somebody is going to get a serious tonking in the not too distant future.

Plaything of the gods said:
Lots of positives already mentioned so I'll only say that, good as Dzeko's play may have been, he is no RvP and needs to show that killer instinct in front of goal to be truly reborn. Squandering chances was (one of) last year's problems; it should not be an option now. Still, this was just the first game of the season.

Think I'd have to agree with this.

Although he has come along a hell of a way, he still needs to punish defenders and goalkeepers. Prime example was the header last night, although unlucky, those type of chances need to be put away!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.