CITY v Newcastle Utd - Official Match Thread

The performance was not good, but all top teams who want to win something have to be able to pull out results when they play poorly. So I am happy because that is exactly what we did.

The thing with the penalty to us, the defender did get the ball but he also got Tevez. If he took the ball 1st and knocked it for a corner i dont think it would have been a penalty. However he dived in and only touched the ball a few yards, if Tevez was still on his feet he would have easily been onto the ball but as the player took Tevez also the ref deemed it correctly as a penalty.

the talisman said:
Why's everyone saying we were lucky? Defo pen for me and we should have been playing against 10 from the penalty onwards.

On another day we would have buried 3 or 4 1st half chances. Newcastle are dangerous and will beat plenty of teams playing like that. Well done blues, 2nd on merit, Kolarov and Balo to come, we should only get better.
Don't be silly. On two counts, it wasn't a penalty. Firstly, the challenge was at least 18 inches outside the area. And secondly, the defender (Williamson?) actually got the ball. Therefore, both those points negate your call for the man to have been sent off. The Lescott tackle in the second half, however, WAS a ''defo'' penalty. If I was a Newcastle fan watching that game, I'd be raging at the ref. As for the half chances; agreed. But we should be taking them. There'll be days when we won't get as lucky as we did today.

jimharri said:
the talisman said:
Why's everyone saying we were lucky? Defo pen for me and we should have been playing against 10 from the penalty onwards.

On another day we would have buried 3 or 4 1st half chances. Newcastle are dangerous and will beat plenty of teams playing like that. Well done blues, 2nd on merit, Kolarov and Balo to come, we should only get better.
Don't be silly. On two counts, it wasn't a penalty. Firstly, the challenge was at least 18 inches outside the area. And secondly, the defender (Williamson?) actually got the ball. Therefore, both those points negate your call for the man to have been sent off. The Lescott tackle in the second half, however, WAS a ''defo'' penalty. iF i WAS Newcastle fan watching that game, I'd be raging at the ref. As for the half chances; agreed. But we should be taking them. Therer'll be days when we won't get as lucky as we did today.

True in one sense but we could of had a second one with the Tiote challenge on Silva.

rastus said:
Neil McNab said:
Mancini is the man then because he certainly knows how to make us play bad!

HHHHHHhhhhaaaaaaahahahhhhhhhhaaahhaaahhhhhhhhhhhhaaahaaahhhhhaaaahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahah
Now log off, captain negative
Does that make Mancini Field Marshal Negative, log off glue sniffer with head buried in sand!

With or without penalties we got lucky today very lucky. I hope Bridge or Zab ot AK13 is fit in two weeks as Lescott isnt a left back. How we could have done with Balo today.

We got away with murder today,we just weren't firing,thankfully the ref was useless because the geordies did not deserve to lose that.

I'm putting that down to tiredness and maybe illness in a couple of players.

Great cameo from AJ,should start,Silva looked much better in the second half when moved,kompany terrific again,Kolo solid,DJ worked hard,Tevez,as always,100%,our inspiration.

Milner and Barry looked under the weather,Yaya was woeful,very lethargic,Boateng,indifferent

Lescott and Adebayor,your time is up i'm afraid.

Ultimately 3 points!!

We just beat Newcastle. Hart hardly had a save to make in the match. There was nothing he could do about the one they did get, which can completely out the blue, I wasn't even worried at that point. I don't know what some of you are complaining about.

jimharri said:
the talisman said:

Don't be silly. On two counts, it wasn't a penalty. Firstly, the challenge was at least 18 inches outside the area. And secondly, the defender (Williamson?) actually got the ball. Therefore, both those points negate your call for the man to have been sent off. The Lescott tackle in the second half, however, WAS a ''defo'' penalty. If I was a Newcastle fan watching that game, I'd be raging at the ref. As for the half chances; agreed. But we should be taking them. There'll be days when we won't get as lucky as we did today.

I may not be exactly impartial when I'm watching City (silly me).

We've had our share of poor decisions in our time, when I watched in real time I thought "defo pen". ;-)

Lescott maybe a bit lucky, maybe he got some leeway because it didn't look like they would get anything from that position.

Just enjoying the ride, fellow blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.