City v Norwich Post Match Discussion Thread

stan bowles said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
That non performance by Micah Richards was shameful.

A more overrated player I've not seen for some time. His technique is completely non-existent and the very fact that a person can become a supposed professional at football on the back of nothing but athletic ability says all you need to know why England will never win another World Cup. In short, as a footballer he is pure useless.

Coming back from injury can only be used to justify lack of fitness. What we have with Richards is a void of technique and positional sense.

Today's 2nd goal sees him inexplicably suddenly move away from the back post/corner of the goal area and dart towards the penalty spot being completely unaware that other big lump Grant Holt has been left to tap in.

The 3rd goal though summed up everything about Micah in a nutshell.

Awkward, Clumsy, Unaware and just nowhere remotely near what we need at our club. It wasn't even if the Norwich player who ran from his own half is Lionel Messi, but the way he managed to get Richards to fall over as if his boot laces were tied together was incredible and embarrassing. Oh and Pathetic!

Micah, we've enjoyed having you, but you have been rumbled; you are simply a clumsy shite footballer with a turn of pace!

You're going to be disappointed then - he's just agreed a new 5 year deal with City.

bizzare if authentic as we could have got loads of dosh for him last year time to move on Micah

people are being unfair to Micah, he's had several games after a long lay-off, rarely played at CB before injury but was a good RB. He's also club grown so counts to UEFA regs and therefore is integral to our plans.

When fit after a decent pre-season he'll be a good asset like he was before.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
people are being unfair to Micah, he's had several games after a long lay-off, rarely played at CB before injury but was a good RB. He's also club grown so counts to UEFA regs and therefore is integral to our plans.

At right back only because no way is he a CB

I'm beginning to wish we never became rich and won the league and cup. The level of vitriol,bile and abusive language to the team and individual players beggars belief. After decades of really 'wank, shit 'poor' seasons---- this season is seemingly the lowest of the low. They say money corrupts.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

One could say much the same for Jack Rodwell. :-)

lunebleu said:
I'm beginning to wish we never became rich and won the league and cup. The level of vitriol,bile and abusive language to the team and individual players beggars belief. After decades of really 'wank, shit 'poor' seasons---- this season is seemingly the lowest of the low. They say money corrupts.

Money may corrupt, however I'm skint and my eyesight is the best thing about me.

In short, Micah Richards could have 20 bloody pre-seasons, the fact remains he is tecnically and positinally rubbish. Good defenders have situational awareness and rarely have cause to fall over.

Yes Micah might look less useless if we are getting bombarded by Stoke's long throws, but when it comes to teams that move you and the ball about he is poor. Add to this his basic touch and ball control and it is evident to anyone that he cannot play at our level anymore.

Simply put, teams of the level that City aspire to be have defenders who can play. Micah just can't. Don't get me wrong, I like the lad, and Yes, he is English but sadly popularity doesn't win trophies.

Fabio Capello soon spotted Micah limitations and it still surprises me that lots on here can't!

The type of defenders we need are in the Vertonghen mold. They can defend well, are comfortable on the ball and even score more than the odd goal.

Holistic farce.

Is it just me or should today have been the day we practised what we preach?

Aside from Rodwell, no one else was given a chance. This was a nothing game. It was a chance to get (and I cant believe I'm saying this) Garcia some premiership experience. We also could have drafted in some of our youth players and given them a chance.

If I was sat there today trying to break in and not given a shot in a nothing game, I'd be fuming.

At the very least the kids drafted in would at least try to perform, unlike the bunch that didnt want to be there today.

Re: Holistic farce.

Agreed. I couldn't understand why some of the kids weren't AT LEAST on the bench. Considering we are a club that intends to rely on the Academy for our long-term sustainability, this sends out completely the wrong message.

Re: Holistic farce.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Is it just me or should today have been the day we practised what we preach?

Aside from Rodwell, no one else was given a chance. This was a nothing game. It was a chance to get (and I cant believe I'm saying this) Garcia some premiership experience. We also could have drafted in some of our youth players and given them a chance.

If I was sat there today trying to break in and not given a shot in a nothing game, I'd be fuming.

At the very least the kids drafted in would at least try to perform, unlike the bunch that didnt want to be there today.

If I wanted this posted in the post match, I'd have posted it here myself.

I wanted to start a discussion on todays missed chance to show this alleged holistic approach.

Of course, I now remember what caused me to stop posting on this forum for almost a year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.