City v Norwich Post Match Discussion Thread

Yes mate, scored 105 goals in his first year this season. Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not sure quoting a 'meaningless game' is any sort of excuse for shipping 3 goals at home at any stage in the season. It's not just about our own clubs perspective, but more-so about the mind-set of other clubs coming back to the Etihad, knowing they have previously turned us over. We only know too well from certain other clubs how beneficial it can be to have your ground regarded as a 'fortress', so surely this is something we should be aiming for, irrespective of the finishing league position.

That was like turning the clock back 20 years!! No midfield,no defence and a couple of players actually looking like they gave a fuck,ie Rodwell and Tevez,both of who were bizzarely substituted!!

So called professional players paid mega bucks to churn out shit like that!I hope whoever was responsible for sacking Mancini watched that garbage because therein lies the problem....get rid!!

Our defending today was w@nk, but I didn't think it was bad game, quite entertaining for such a meaningless match. The best team won, no doubt.

Player ratings...

Hart 6
Zabaleta 7
Richards 5
Lescott 5
Kolorov 3
Toure 4
Milner 7
Rodwell 8
Nasri 7
Dzeko 4
Tevez 7

Aguero 5
Silva 5

Look like a team thats had their passion sapped out of them, new manager has his work cut out to reinvigorate this lot.

cleavers said:
Our defending today was w@nk, but I didn't think it was bad game, quite entertaining for such a meaningless match. The best team won, no doubt.

Player ratings...

Hart 6
Zabaleta 7
Richards 5
Lescott 5
Kolorov 3
Toure 4
Milner 7
Rodwell 8
Nasri 7
Dzeko 4
Tevez 7

Aguero 5
Silva 5

Agree with your ratings on the whole but would mark Milner down to a 5 (plenty of effort but very, very poor use of the ball) and would also knock a mark off Nasri. For 10 mins he looks like he's going to be a world beater but then disappears for half an hour. He just doesn't seem to be able to maintain a consistent level of performance. Very frustrating.

berniethebusman said:
Look like a team thats had their passion sapped out of them, new manager has his work cut out to reinvigorate this lot.

Well if they WANTED Mancini sacked as reports suggest then they should have been ecstatic and played like it.

Dead easy for me.New manager and chairman get the squad together and say,''If you want to fuck off there's the door!Step through it you are dead to this club.To the rest,the first player that stays who starts whining to the press the same applies.You are with us or against us,no middle ground!''

cleavers said:
berniethebusman said:
They looked fine at Reading, 27 shots, 20 on target.

Fair point, even fairer considering the changes from reading game and i suspect it was a few players last game in city colours. Over reaction on my part!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.