City v Palace Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShaLaLaLaSummerbee said:
Ducado said:
Marvin said:
If there were an extra 24 hour break, I'd be much more confident, but the 48 hour rest makes it difficult

If we are lucky, Pulis might decide to rest players for their New Years Day game. Utd used to get that benefit all the time

Marvin, normally you are an excellent poster, has your account been hacked we will win this at least 3-0
I'm hoping Pulis played all the cards he had beating Villa away and is resigned to damage limitation at the Etihad. The result will depend on which Dzeko turns up ...........here we go.

I am hoping its Edin. His kid ain't that great!

Pigeonho said:
Ducado said:
I really can't believe that anyone has any doubts about this game
It's not doubts, it's just that if we are going to lose at home, our 'typical' tag suggests we will do it to a team like Palace. 'Typical' now only counts for about 0.01% though, if at all, but in a self-mocking sense it's clear why some still have that element of doubt.
There will be no problems with this game, though I don't agree with any kind of meddling with the team. Strongest team possible for all league matches.

Im afraid it will always be there for me,cant change the habits of a lifetime,Palace must be treated with more respect than some have shown on BM.

Tbilisi said:
Pigeonho said:
Ducado said:
It's not doubts, it's just that if we are going to lose at home, our 'typical' tag suggests we will do it to a team like Palace. 'Typical' now only counts for about 0.01% though, if at all, but in a self-mocking sense it's clear why some still have that element of doubt.
There will be no problems with this game, though I don't agree with any kind of meddling with the team. Strongest team possible for all league matches.

Im afraid it will always be there for me,cant change the habits of a lifetime,Palace must be treated with more respect than some have shown on BM.
The lack of respect shown by some is poor. I think us older blues will always have that expectence of something totally stupid to happen, but for me personally it has dwindled to levels I never expected to experience!

Tbilisi said:
Pigeonho said:
Ducado said:

Another one guilty of magical thinking, we have steam rolled nearly every team that has visited us, we have every right to be confident

Folly to suggest that we take any unnecessary risks with a game in the Prem. Xmas is notorious for throwing up freak results and we don't want to be the side that succumbs to one of those.

On the plus side, Palace will not be overly bothered about tomorrow after getting their win yesterday and will have their minds firmly focused on attaining 3 points from their game on new year's day against Norwich at home - 6 points from 9 for them over festive season will be huge so pretty sure Pulis will be less bothered about tomorrow.

However teams with no pressure on them can sometimes play out of their skin, hence we need to put out strongest side available with minimal rotation and get the game won and then take our foot off the pedal.

I expect Dzeko, Clichy, Nastasic and Milner to come in but certainly nothing much beyond that.

We are playing fucking Palace at home with a 100% home record ffs.

We have every right to expect 3 points and a resounding win!

Regardless of the opposition, we should expect to win at home.

Fuck the typical old City mentality and get with what we are becoming as a club!

Rammy Blue said:
Folly to suggest that we take any unnecessary risks with a game in the Prem. Xmas is notorious for throwing up freak results and we don't want to be the side that succumbs to one of those.

On the plus side, Palace will not be overly bothered about tomorrow after getting their win yesterday and will have their minds firmly focused on attaining 3 points from their game on new year's day against Norwich at home - 6 points from 9 for them over festive season will be huge so pretty sure Pulis will be less bothered about tomorrow.

However teams with no pressure on them can sometimes play out of their skin, hence we need to put out strongest side available with minimal rotation and get the game won and then take our foot off the pedal.

I expect Dzeko, Clichy, Nastasic and Milner to come in but certainly nothing much beyond that.
Spot on
Get tomorrow and the Swansea game out of the way and he can rest a fair few of them for the cup games
And all back fresh for Newcastle away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.