City v Palace Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
blueinsa said:
As ever, strongest possible 11 please. Changes can be made once a game is won and in the bag.
But a fatigued Negredo, Navas etc will no longer be our strongest 11.

This could be a very very difficult fixture.

Every game is massive now. I think the payers will have the bit between their teeth now and are not going to let up, but we are going to have to make a lot of changes versus Palace, and that will affect our game. Unfortunately we had to play our strongest team v Liverpool so couldn't rest one or two key players in advance.

Dzeko will start and for me, that was always possibly the plan.

alberto0292 said:
how many fans are c palace taking ?

Wont be a lot as not only is it a pain in the arse to get in or out of the area, the world stops at Watford gap for many down there and the fear of falling off the edge of the world will put many off.

blueinsa said:
Marvin said:
blueinsa said:
As ever, strongest possible 11 please. Changes can be made once a game is won and in the bag.

Every game is massive now. I think the payers will have the bit between their teeth now and are not going to let up, but we are going to have to make a lot of changes versus Palace, and that will affect our game. Unfortunately we had to play our strongest team v Liverpool so couldn't rest one or two key players in advance.

Without a doubt.

If we make to many changes this has 'banana skin' written all over it when in reality we should cruise to a comfortable victory.
Complacency is the enemy.

TGR said:
blueinsa said:
Marvin said:

Without a doubt.

If we make to many changes this has 'banana skin' written all over it when in reality we should cruise to a comfortable victory.
Complacency is the enemy.

all this field a weaken side then limp through a game is wrong imo. we should play our strongest without playing players who are carrying injuries, then hopefully dripfeed subs on after the 5th or 6th goal has hit the back of the net. 8-)

FantasyIreland said:
------------Hart------------------

Milner- Kompany- Nastasic- Clichy

------ Rodwell Fernandinho------

Navas------Silva-------Nasri

-----------Negredo-------------

I'd go with most of this. Clearly, if Zab himself is saying it was a huge risk to play him, then he's gotta be out for this one. James can do the job in his position (no more Clichy at right back, please - he was found out several times by Fulham). Rodwell in, at last, to show if he's the quality we need or not. I believe he is, if he can stay uninjured. I'd pick Kolarov again over on left back position. His attacking skills will pose far more problems for Palace than they did for Liverpool (although Pellers has got to get it through his head that he's got to track back, and quickly, if the attack breaks down). Give the Beast a rest. If he's injured he's out anyway. Dzeko in - if he can't score against Palace then he has no business being in our squad. But he has his place as a squad player, and he will score. By the way, where the fuck is Jovetic? If he's fit, play him in attacking midfield role, coming in just behind Dzeko, and rest either Samir or Silva (although Silva shouldn't honestly need any rest at all).
Finally, what about this for an off-the-wall idea? Demichelis and Jovetic in central defense, and Vinnie moves up into a deep midfield role. Because that man can win a ball, and pass it forward with huge skill. He also likes to beat a player or two, as we've seen. This would mean Vinnie in, essentially, for Yaya. And why not? Am I alone in thinking that there were times in the Liverpool game when Yaya looked jaded...

Now there's off the wall, and then there's Off The Wall. I of course meant Nastasic in central defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.